PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland, WR's blasted on 105.9 this morning

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 11:01 AM
The dude on that show called our receivers Sun Belt guys. Even said not a one would start for any other SEC team, save for Vandy. Said Cleveland is always chasing and will get targeted tonight..and lit up!

If any of our guys are reading this thread, please pass it along to Cleveland, and the WR group. It is time to show a radio hack - piece of shit, that he needs to look for other work.

Let's please win tonight, so we don't have to sit in misery for two weeks. Hailstate!

StatesboroBlues
09-30-2017, 11:03 AM
The dude on that show called our receivers Sun Belt guys. Even said not a one would start for any other SEC team, save for Vandy. Said Cleveland is always chasing and will get targeted tonight..and lit up!

If any of our guys are reading this thread, please pass it along to Cleveland, and the WR group. It is time to show a radio hack - piece of shit, that he needs to look for other work.

Let's please win tonight, so we don't have to sit in misery for two weeks. Hailstate!

If they need this to help them show up...we have major problems.

Dallas_Dawg
09-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Is this a Mississippi or Alabama station?

biggun
09-30-2017, 11:32 AM

He pretty much hit the nail on the head with both statements. Cleveland is average to below average and will be targeted early and often. And our WR's as a group rank either last or next to last in the SEC. Just the way it is.

Leroy Jenkins
09-30-2017, 11:35 AM

Um... Sounds like he nailed it to me.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/711/681/2e7.gif

Kyper
09-30-2017, 11:46 AM
yeah, hard not to agree with what was said. We have our hands full tonight

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Any additional inspiration is a good thing.

Bully13
09-30-2017, 12:04 PM
He pretty much hit the nail on the head with both statements. Cleveland is average to below average and will be targeted early and often. And our WR's as a group rank either last or next to last in the SEC. Just the way it is.

you maybe right but you could be wrong just basing it on stats. Somebody who knows more about football than me and has paid closer attention to the WR's than I have would probably have a better opinion especially if they've gone to some games this year. (I have not).

How good are they at getting open? how many bad drops have they had? how many real good catches have they made? how good do they block when a runner is behind them?

GreenheadDawg
09-30-2017, 12:06 PM

Sometimes the truth ****in hurts. Pretty spot on to me. Listen, Cleveland should never step foot on an SEC field unless he's playing for JSU

Jack Lambert
09-30-2017, 12:07 PM

Jake Wimberly is a SEC hater. He went to state so he said but he is a hater and before the season started said the ACC was better then the SEC. The ACC is 1-4 against the SEC this season.

I have learned not to listen to radio guys who never played the sport. They are usually just saying what they heard from some other guy who did not play the sport.

We lost a game on the road in the SEC. We are still 3-1. We lose tonight we will only have one road block in front of us being able to go 9-3. Five weeks ago half of you would have done a circle jerk if you knew we would have a chance of going 9-3.

We were 5-7 last season and if we lose tonight I will be ok with were the team is.

defiantdog
09-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Can't really argue here. We knew we were weak at receiver, and we also knew of our coverage issues in the secondary. But we can't put all of the blame on Cleveland. Godwin is an NFL receiver that he had to cover last week. He won't see a receiver like that this week. The front 7 will have to step up against Auburn because they are going to attempt to run at least 75% of their plays.

biggun
09-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Can't really argue here. We knew we were weak at receiver, and we also knew of our coverage issues in the secondary. But we can't put all of the blame on Cleveland. Godwin is an NFL receiver that he had to cover last week. He won't see a receiver like that this week. The front 7 will have to step up against Auburn because they are going to attempt to run at least 75% of their plays.

Agree. Auburn is going to come right at us tonight with their 2 big RB's!! Smash mouth, big boy football tonight and if we can't stop it and have to put more in the box, play action over the top.

How much longer is Corey Thomas out?

Commercecomet24
09-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Jake Wimberly is a SEC hater. He went to state so he said but he is a hater and before the season started said the ACC was better then the SEC. The ACC is 1-4 against the SEC this season.

I have learned not to listen to radio guys who never played the sport. They are usually just saying what they heard from some other guy who did not play the sport.

We lost a game on the road in the SEC. We are still 3-1. We lose tonight we will only have one road block in front of us being able to go 9-3. Five weeks ago half of you would have done a circle jerk if you knew we would have a chance of going 9-3.

We were 5-7 last season and if we lose tonight I will be ok with were the team is.

Spot on, Jack!

Drugdog
09-30-2017, 01:10 PM

This is so true. I try to listen, but these local guys are terrible. They say stuff that is as made up as UM 3 National Championships. On Friday, the mumbling dude on with Bo , said that New Orleans Head Coach was Peyton did not drive around New Orleans but was instead taken by limo everywhere. What???? Bo called him out on it.

Pollodawg
09-30-2017, 01:10 PM

Wimberly is an ass. What's funny is that he tells people he doesn't care what the "Maroon mafia" thinks of him yet goes out of his way to address it. Dissenting opinion doesn't make people "haters," Jake. Lol

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Jake tries too hard at acting like he's not trying too hard.

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Thee is no need to call out players. Here is the deal...

They gave Clemson a game at Clemson. Got their offense in rhythm last week vs Missouri. They are home. They will be tough to beat today.

Flip side, we played really well vs LSU. However LSU is suspect. We played terrible vs UGA. Recent history, we have played well in Auburn. So I don't expect the deer in the headlights start today.

It will be a close game. If AU gives us a few turnovers and our offense can protect the football and have some resemblance of a passing game...we may win by a FG.

maroonmania
09-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Um... Sounds like he nailed it to me.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/711/681/2e7.gif

May be a bit harsh but no doubt that WRs are the biggest weakness on the team. Gonzales actually has recruited his group worse that Hevesy has recruited his over the last few years which is really bad. I've railed on the fact that Couch and Williams are the only WRs we have signed on signing day the last TWO years! That is beyond pathetic. Todd and Mitchell were both late pickups in the Spring. Hey, but at least we've signed a bushel of TEs!

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 02:32 PM
bushel of TEs!

That we refuse to use

defiantdog
09-30-2017, 02:54 PM
Agree. Auburn is going to come right at us tonight with their 2 big RB's!! Smash mouth, big boy football tonight and if we can't stop it and have to put more in the box, play action over the top.

How much longer is Corey Thomas out?

BYU game

msbulldog
09-30-2017, 03:05 PM
17 Wimberly, he's trying too hard to be big time and he just ain't.

maroonmania
09-30-2017, 04:19 PM
17 Wimberly, he's trying too hard to be big time and he just ain't.

He has certainly been off on some things like continuing to say Peter Sirmon wasn't the primary problem with our defense last year. WRONG! But if he is the one saying our WR group is not up to SEC standards as a group, he is correct. Cleveland is a liability for us as well. He had an awful game at Georgia.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 04:24 PM
I disagree with him about ALL of our WR's. Gray is a SEC caliber player playing out of position. Not his fault. Mixon is a SEC caliber player at least at KR/PR and he's a solid slot WR. Mixon would be a superstar on a SWAC team. Myles is a SEC caliber player that was a project but he looks like he may have a solid senior year. Also, again playing out of position.

Dawgology
09-30-2017, 05:06 PM
He?s basically correct

Coach34
09-30-2017, 05:51 PM
anybody defending our WR talent doesnt know football

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 10:45 PM
Mixon, and Gray would hold starting positions at Ark, Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, and SC right now. Thomas would work his way in at most of those I listed, as well. I'm not saying they're great, but the guy was off, and a piece of shit.