PDA

View Full Version : OT:MSU Fund raising?

RocketDawg
09-28-2017, 06:09 PM
I keep getting calls from a Mississippi number that shows on caller ID as "MS Friends". Is this fund raising by MSU? Seems like the same thing happened last year.

Anyway, they've called 3 times in the last 5 minutes, and several times over the past few days. My answering machine tells them no one is available; the truth is, I always screen calls and don't answer if I don't recognize the number or name. If it's fund raising, they have bothered me enough and will not get an additional donation this year. You'd think they would have gotten the message by now. I will answer the next time they call and tell them the same.

notsofarawaydawg
09-28-2017, 09:32 PM
This might be the caller.

MS Friends story (https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/trevis-gleason-life-with-multiple-sclerosis/ms-friends-gets-a-hand/)

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 09:52 PM
I keep getting calls from a Mississippi number that shows on caller ID as "MS Friends". Is this fund raising by MSU? Seems like the same thing happened last year.

Anyway, they've called 3 times in the last 5 minutes, and several times over the past few days. My answering machine tells them no one is available; the truth is, I always screen calls and don't answer if I don't recognize the number or name. If it's fund raising, they have bothered me enough and will not get an additional donation this year. You'd think they would have gotten the message by now. I will answer the next time they call and tell them the same.

Every legit MSU fundraising call I have ever got came up as MS ST U.