PDA

View Full Version : VegasInsider has Bama -17 1/2 vs the RebelBearSharks

Coach34
09-22-2013, 03:03 PM
I'll take Bama to cover

FlabLoser
09-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Yep. Bama won by 21 last year and this year, I think the match is heavier in Bama's favor. Mainly because Bama improved more than OM did from last year to this one.

TheRef
09-22-2013, 03:08 PM
But...but...but...we're going to be Bama's toughest opponent! -Every TSUN fan.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 03:09 PM
A&M is opening at -3 @ UPig...that line is going to climb to at least 7 imo

Coach34
09-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Georgia -3 over LSU

hacker
09-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Vegas must know something we don't. I'm gonna go with Arkansas as a contrarian pick to beat A&M.

Original48
09-22-2013, 03:37 PM
As someone who would always jump on a sucker bet back in my gambling days...what is going on here??? Did Manziel die or something. Even then...

FlabLoser
09-22-2013, 04:08 PM
@BarrettSallee
Ole Miss is getting 16 points against Alabama? I'm not a betting man, but I may start. The Rebels have an offense to give Bama fits.

bocfarm
09-22-2013, 04:28 PM
I'll take OM and th points and A&M and Lsu

Ronny
09-22-2013, 05:39 PM
..sleepwalks against the Sharks like they did Colorado State, OM will be up 21 by halftime.

I watched some of the Colorado State game. All I can say is when the likes of Colorado State is matching your physicality you are not addressing pressing problems & you're going to have trouble as the season progresses.

I say this game is a pick'em.

PassInterference
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM
It is hard for a good team to stay up all the time. That is the problem Bama had yesterday. Yesterday was CO State's superbowl. It was a scrimmage for Bama.

BogeyGolfer
09-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Bama will win by 10-12...I think A&M beats Arkansas by two or maybe three TD's....

PassInterference
09-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Bama by 27.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Bama by 20+

Home crowd will be loud and crazy
They gonna be real physical
They gonna torch their Secondary
They gonna block their front and run on them to stay in manageable downs

bocfarm
09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Passint

I'll give you -24 for 100. Want it?

PassInterference
09-22-2013, 06:03 PM
When does Wallace get hurt? Gotta be coming sooner or later.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2013, 07:38 PM

I would have to take A&M. That's a easy bet. If Arkansas is good enough to keep it with in three they are as good as bama and we all know that's not the case.

Oxfordawg
09-22-2013, 09:32 PM
..sleepwalks against the Sharks like they did Colorado State, OM will be up 21 by halftime.

I watched some of the Colorado State game. All I can say is when the likes of Colorado State is matching your physicality you are not addressing pressing problems & you're going to have trouble as the season progresses.

I say this game is a pick'em.

I would say Saban doesn't believe in sleep walking 2 weeks in a row 20+ Tide Rolls

cheewgumm
09-22-2013, 09:36 PM
I'd take Ole Miss, but I'm wrong a lot, so hopefully I am here.

SignalToNoise
09-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Bama looked like crap in a classic let down game following a huge road win.

I think the bears offense will give Bama some trouble, but they are nowhere near as good as aTm. Once Bama figures them out they will be shut down. I like Bama to cover.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Look, I hate Ole Miss too, but that line is ridiculous. There's no way Ole Miss wins that game, but 17 is a lot of points.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 09:02 AM
I dont see how that line is ridiculous. Bama beat A&M by 7 on the road, and it wasnt really that close- and A&M's offense is better than OM's.

Bama had them by 20 at half last year and called off the dogs. Bama is going to take them seriously for 4 quarters this year

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 09:08 AM
I dont see how that line is ridiculous. Bama beat A&M by 7 on the road, and it wasnt really that close- and A&M's offense is better than OM's.

Bama had them by 20 at half last year and called off the dogs. Bama is going to take them seriously for 4 quarters this year

You watched a different Bama-A&M game than I did. It wasn't close early, but Bama's defense didn't finish strong.

I don't think this Bama team is as good as they've been, particularly defensively. Plus Ole Miss has two weeks to prepare for this game. I'm all for rooting for them to lose by 100, and it would make my day if they did, but you've got to be rational about things, too.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 09:41 AM
I still dont see how I'm not being rational

Ole Miss gave up 35 points to an average at best Vandy team
They gave up 23 first half points to Texas and their back-up QB

I think Bama scores a minimum of 35 and probably 40 points

A&M's offense is sick- they are the best offense in the country. They have at least 5 top three round draft picks starting on offense. While OM does have a good offense- they dont have that. Wallace cant run around and create plays the way Manziel did vs Bama.

I think it could easily be a 41-20 ballgame. 44-24- something like that. That's not being ridiculous or irrational at all

bocfarm
09-23-2013, 09:44 AM
I'd take OM at this point but could see it going either way. Haven't been impressed with Bama's defense this yr and their offense seems to be coming around but not as consistent and dominate as last yr imo. Missing Lacy and those NFL Olinemen.

A&M all day everyday if it's anything 10 points or less. And I'll take LSU +3 against GA's terrible defense.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I still dont see how I'm not being rational

Ole Miss gave up 35 points to an average at best Vandy team
They gave up 23 first half points to Texas and their back-up QB

I think Bama scores a minimum of 35 and probably 40 points

A&M's offense is sick- they are the best offense in the country. They have at least 5 top three round draft picks starting on offense. While OM does have a good offense- they dont have that. Wallace cant run around and create plays the way Manziel did vs Bama.

I think it could easily be a 41-20 ballgame. 44-24- something like that. That's not being ridiculous or irrational at all

You are changing the argument. I'm aware that Ole Miss gave up points to Vandy ant Texas. They will give up points to Bama too. They will also score points. Yes, the score could easily turn out like what you are predicting. But you have to acknowledge at some point that Ole Miss is a good offensive football team and Bama isn't as strong defensively as they were last year.

You predicted they would lose to Vandy and Texas, and now you're using how many points they gave up to those teams in wins as evidence that they will get blown out by Bama. At some point you have to acknowledge that they are a decent football team. That's all.

bocfarm
09-23-2013, 09:48 AM
You are changing the argument. I'm aware that Ole Miss gave up points to Vandy ant Texas. They will give up points to Bama too. They will also score points. Yes, the score could easily turn out like what you are predicting. But you have to acknowledge at some point that Ole Miss is a good offensive football team and Bama isn't as strong defensively as they were last year.

You predicted they would lose to Vandy and Texas, and now you're using how many points they gave up to those teams in wins as evidence that they will get blown out by Bama. At some point you have to acknowledge that they are a decent football team. That's all.

Good luck with that last part

MarketingBully01
09-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Nice, Bama covers trust me. It all depends on McCarron for their offense to go. It's at Bryant Denny. They will actually be ready for them this time. Alabama sleep walked through their game with Ole Miss last year. I say 35-7 or maybe 42-14. It sets up beautifully as the "We Believe" game from last year with Todd Blackledge and Brad Nessler doing the announcing like last year for our game. :)

chef dixon
09-23-2013, 09:49 AM

Wow that is unbelievable to me. I see A&M absolutely blowing them out of the water. Maybe by 30.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 09:54 AM
You predicted they would lose to Vandy and Texas, .

No I didnt- I had them beating Vandy and going 7-5 this season. From the C34 preseason predictions:

"4. Ole Miss- (4-4) This team is pretty good on the DL and LB. They run a good offense that has some weapons at WR. They lose to Auburn who has the week off to get ready- but I think they upset LSU this year at home. Freezus gets 7 wins in 2013."

I said Texas would beat them before the season- but once they imploded, fired Manny, and lost their starting QB- I in no way, shape, or form said Texas would beat them.

But I am 100% saying I think Bama covers the 17 points. I'm not changing any arguments- we are talking about a spread of 17- you say it's ridiculous. I say it is not

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 10:06 AM
No I didnt- I had them beating Vandy and going 7-5 this season. From the C34 preseason predictions:

"4. Ole Miss- (4-4) This team is pretty good on the DL and LB. They run a good offense that has some weapons at WR. They lose to Auburn who has the week off to get ready- but I think they upset LSU this year at home. Freezus gets 7 wins in 2013."

I said Texas would beat them before the season- but once they imploded, fired Manny, and lost their starting QB- I in no way, shape, or form said Texas would beat them.

But I am 100% saying I think Bama covers the 17 points. I'm not changing any arguments- we are talking about a spread of 17- you say it's ridiculous. I say it is not

Oh, so it's the old, "ignore what I said on the message boards the week of the Vandy-Ole Miss game, because I originally picked Ole Miss to win" argument. As full of shit as ever, I see.

Oh, and FU for making me have to defend Ole Miss.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 10:10 AM
You got a link? I never said Vandy would beat OM

I did point out things like Vandy has alot of Sr's and Jr's, playing at home, all offseason to prepare for their offense, etc- but I never said one time Vandy was going to beat OM- and that was done on purpose

msstate7
09-23-2013, 10:10 AM
If I was an OM fan and I knew Alabama was gonna win, I would rather it be by a bigger deficit. The last thing I would want is to go 4 physical quarters with bama considering OM's depth issues and 3 tough games to follow. A brutally physical game with bama could cause a loss the next week against a team they should beat

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 10:12 AM
You got a link? I never said Vandy would beat OM

I did point out things like Vandy has alot of Sr's and Jr's, playing at home, all offseason to prepare for their offense, etc- but I never said one time Vandy was going to beat OM- and that was done on purpose

Exactly. It's called hedging your bet. That way you're never wrong, right coach?

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 10:14 AM
If I was an OM fan and I knew Alabama was gonna win, I would rather it be by a bigger deficit. The last thing I would want is to go 4 physical quarters with bama considering OM's depth issues and 3 tough games to follow. A brutally physical game with bama could cause a loss the next week against a team they should beat

This is the better point to be making about their game. I think they will play well against Bama, but it will take a toll on them that will manifest itself over the following weeks. They are not deep enough to sustain injuries, and they aren't mature enough to get manhandled despite giving their best efforts and be able to bounce back the next week.

mic
09-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Saban is pissed after the last game
Aj is pissed
Fans are pissed
And this is their first BIG home game they have played this year , kind of like our game there last year..
It could get ugly..

mic
09-23-2013, 10:20 AM
And I think bama is 0-3 against the spread this year..
That means 80% of their fan base that gamble are 0-3

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Saban is pissed after the last game
Aj is pissed
Fans are pissed
And this is their first BIG home game they have played this year , kind of like our game there last year..
It could get ugly..

I agree that it could. But I wouldn't touch it. That's a lot of points to lay against a ranked SEC West opponent that scores a lot of points.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Exactly. It's called hedging your bet. That way you're never wrong, right coach?

aGAIN- feel free to show me where I picked Vandy...

Bama covers the 17 this week

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 10:37 AM
aGAIN- feel free to show me where I picked Vandy...

Bama covers the 17 this week

They might. One thing I know for sure is that if they do, it won't be ten seconds before you're on here beating your chest about it.

blacklistedbully
09-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Ranked for barely escaping what turned out to be an average-at-best Vandy, getting by 39-13 versus possibly the worst football team in the FCS (yes, they pulled their starters early, but SE Mizzou is a team that Troy could crush with their backups), then taking down a Texas team that is HORRIBLE, even more horrible with the backup QB. Did you notice that the other team that whipped Texas (BYU) about the same as Ole Miss did is now 1-2, with both losses to unranked teams?

Ole Miss should drop from the rankings this week. They really have no business being there anyway.

CJDAWG85
09-23-2013, 10:45 AM
And I think bama is 0-3 against the spread this year..
That means 80% of their fan base that gamble are 0-3

1-2

They covered against VT.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 10:48 AM
They might. One thing I know for sure is that if they do, it won't be ten seconds before you're on here beating your chest about it.

you're ******* right about that

Coach34
09-23-2013, 10:51 AM
they key for OM is going to be Auburn- they have a toughass game with Bammer this Saturday on the road- then turn right around and go to Auburn

Lose to Auburn and then panic could settle in a little with LSU coming to town

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 11:01 AM
How did you have the Auburn game picked in your preseason?

bocfarm
09-23-2013, 11:06 AM

And if they don't he'll have some elaborate excuse of why Bama didn't cover....McCarron had the runs, Smart has crabs therefore hand signaling was an issue getting the right plays....you know, something along those lines.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 11:12 AM
How did you have the Auburn game picked in your preseason?

Coach34
09-23-2013, 11:12 AM
And if they don't he'll have some elaborate excuse of why Bama didn't cover....McCarron had the runs, Smart has crabs therefore hand signaling was an issue getting the right plays....you know, something along those lines.

What makes you say that? No need to act stupid on here

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
What makes you say that? No need to act stupid on here

http://thevoiceforschoolchoice.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/pot-and-kettle1.jpg

Bullmutt
09-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Bama by 21+. If Bo goes down, 30+.

MarketingBully01
09-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Bama will not only cover but destroy Ole Miss. Idiot Wallace gave them plenty of bulletin board material. He basically stated Ole Miss's WR's are better then A&M receivers and saying they will score at will on Alabama. This is a good ole 2for. Insulting A&M and Alabama at same time. Talk about a bulletin board special...hehe.

rtdawg
09-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey Bubb, why are you so upset that Coach likes Bama to cover? This is exactly what Vegas wants, people feeling very strongly that both sides will cover the spread. Seems they did a pretty good job of it here. Coach likes Bama -17, you like the bears +17. Who gives a shit? Go make a bet on the bears if you feel that strongly about it.

cheewgumm
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Everyone hate of Ole Miss Clouds their judgment. Just like everyone thought the Texas is going to roll them up when everybody knew Texas sucked at that time also. I'm betting Ole Miss covers.

rtdawg
09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Good luck chew. That's all I'm saying. If you like the bears getting 17, then take it or take Bama if you like them. I would just rather read well thought out arguments from both sides as to why each would cover than just reading bickering between people saying your stupid for thinking one team or the other will cover, etc. Personally, I think the line is about right and could argue it going either way....Vegas wins regardless....

Coach34
09-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Everyone hate of Ole Miss Clouds their judgment. Just like everyone thought the Texas is going to roll them up when everybody knew Texas sucked at that time also. I'm betting Ole Miss covers.

I dont think everybody thought Texas would roll them up with a fired DC, a back-up QB, and in total dissaray- everybody was hopeful at that point

TopDog58
09-23-2013, 08:39 PM
http://thevoiceforschoolchoice.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/pot-and-kettle1.jpg

Take that lame ass shit back to the pack. Stop trying to be a message board hero. Again, that's the pack

Saltydog
09-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Um from last year to this year.......I don't think Bama is as physical as last year and there's no way you can lose 3 NFL quality lineman and be better UM's offense is much better than last year's......

cheewgumm
09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Om offense is better than last year. Bama d is wore. Om is confident. Their offense is stout. Their wrs will give bama fits.

I don't think they are gonna win and not literally a game I'm betting. However my prediction is they cover. I hope they get beat by 50 but I don't think it's gonna happen.

PassInterference
09-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Bama by 27.

Bump

/flex

Coach34
09-28-2013, 08:50 PM
nice job PI