PDA

View Full Version : Investigation Tools

Hrdawg82
09-28-2017, 01:14 PM
With all that is going on in the world of College Basketball and this probe lead by the DOJ and FBI it got me thinking about how different college sports would be if the NCAA had the ability to subpoena and wire tap. Cheating would still happen but it would be a much smaller scale, but how much would it change the sporting world if teams no longer had the ability to funnel hundreds of thousands of dollars to kids and their families?

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Honestly, the sports world probably wouldn't change much because the schools paying the players the most are also the schools that likely have the resources to win big without cheating.

Just like in pro sports, the schools in the largest markets, with the most tradition, and largest local talent base would be the biggest winners, as it stands to reason that those schools would have the best chance of attracting the most good players.

Over time, here what I believe the results would be in college football.

- I think Alabama and Auburn would take a slight step back

- LSU, UGA, Florida, A&M, Texas would possibly pass Bama and Auburn due to larger local talent base.

- Ohio State would remain the same.

- Msu and OM would remain the same.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Cheaters are always gonna cheat.

Political Hack
09-28-2017, 03:12 PM
The NCAA is a political organization that has seen its overal mission obliterated in the last 20 or so years. You can't protect "amateurism" in sports that generate billions of dollars. It will never, ever work. Member institutions should leave the NCAA and govern themselves. P5 could govern itself and if the Big Ten doesn't want to play, then they can join up with the NAIA schools and the American or some other conference could take their place.