PDA

View Full Version : Bye Louisville...

Perpetual Underachiever
09-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Their done. Toast.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/09/28/rick-pitino-louisville-fbi-investigation-coach-2 (https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/09/28/rick-pitino-louisville-fbi-investigation-coach-2?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si)

Pitino is Coach-2

?Dawkins then said that he had spoken with Coach-2 about getting additional money for Player-10?s family and informed Coach-2 that ?I need you to call Jim Gatto, who?s the head of everything?,? the complaint reads.

Pitino did call Gatto, phone records show?twice on May 27 and once on June 1. Bowen committed to Louisville on June 3.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Rival university/shoe company I bet is Michigan State/Nike which bye bye Izzo’s squeaky clean reputation.

Beaver
09-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Guessing that means Pitino has to say bye to his millions that he's owed...

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Rival university/shoe company I bet is Michigan State/Nike which bye bye Izzo’s squeaky clean reputation.

You're making a lot of assumptions.

Perpetual Underachiever
09-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Yeah, "Rival" could be anyone. Especially considering they called Auburn an "Elite" program.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 11:44 AM
You're making a lot of assumptions.

Michigan State finished second in this recruitment.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Michigan State finished second in this recruitment.

No. Michigan St bowed out months before he committed. When Miles Bridges returned that pretty much ended their recruitment. Texas, Oregon, Arizona, & Creighton all were mentioned in the weeks leading up to him picking Louisville. All Nike schools. There was no clear cut #2. His recruitment was very odd. Now we know why.

Dawg61
09-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Oregon

Rival shoe company? Oregon/Nike? Oregon has been getting ridiculously tilted benefits from Nike for two decades now. If Knight is willing to supply them with unlimited uniform combos and donate $500 million dollars as recently as just last year they gotta have their hands in this somehow. Oregon basketball has just recently become a top ten program and played in the final four last year. Coincidence? I don't think it is.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 12:35 PM
No. Michigan St bowed out months before he committed. When Miles Bridges returned that pretty much ended their recruitment. Texas, Oregon, Arizona, & Creighton all were mentioned in the weeks leading up to him picking Louisville. All Nike schools. There was no clear cut #2. His recruitment was very odd. Now we know why.

You’re right. Forgot about that. My bad lol.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 12:45 PM
Rival shoe company? Oregon/Nike? Oregon has been getting ridiculously tilted benefits from Nike for two decades now. If Knight is willing to supply them with unlimited uniform combos and donate $500 million dollars as recently as just last year they gotta have their hands in this somehow. Oregon basketball has just recently become a top ten program and played in the final four last year. Coincidence? I don't think it is.

A lot of that has to do with Dana Altman. He came from Creighton & provided stability to the program. They've steadily improved since he got there in 2010. The Final Four run wasn't some magical Cinderella season they made the Elite 8 the year before. It's also not like he's been recruiting at this insane level. His best class was in 2017 ranked #13.