PDA

View Full Version : THE BASSFIELD STORY...

Rick Cleveland
09-28-2017, 10:01 AM
How can a town of just over 200 produce nine Division I starters? ...
https://mississippitoday.org/2017/09/28/bassfield-yellowjackets-no-theres-new-tradition-south-mississippi/

Cooterpoot
09-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Covington and Jeff Davis counties produce more talent per capita than any other area in MS.

RocketDawg
09-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Covington and Jeff Davis counties produce more talent per capita than any other area in MS.

Yeah, but that's almost every kid in town. :)

Noah11
09-29-2017, 12:22 PM
there aren't many places like this in the country anymore. My dad played QB for them when they won three straight championships '84,'85,'86. When we go back to watch them play and visit family people still stop him and talk to him about games he played in 30 years ago, they even remember certain plays he made and the jersey number he wore. The entire town is at those games, if you want to get a seat you have to get there 45 minutes early. That little town of Bassfield is unlike any place else.

Rick Cleveland
09-30-2017, 08:55 AM
there aren't many places like this in the country anymore. My dad played QB for them when they won three straight championships '84,'85,'86. When we go back to watch them play and visit family people still stop him and talk to him about games he played in 30 years ago, they even remember certain plays he made and the jersey number he wore. The entire town is at those games, if you want to get a seat you have to get there 45 minutes early. That little town of Bassfield is unlike any place else.

Exactly...