PDA

View Full Version : NWA rumor

NWADAWG
09-27-2017, 09:17 PM
There are a lot of folks in Fayetteville area saying that most believed we bought Perry through adidas even before all of this broke out. I made sure they knew it was just to be closer to his dad. Nothing to see here. They should focus on UPig football being terrible.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2017, 09:36 PM
You made sure they knew it was to be close to his dad? The "they" here being the FBI? because that's who might be looking into things such as that.

Perpetual Underachiever
09-27-2017, 09:41 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/1fcd9df13ccca81b3648f958df3e45e6/tenor.gif

metrodawg
09-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Dude! He is in high school. He hasn't signed with anyone. Pipe dreams!

MarketingBully
09-27-2017, 10:27 PM
There are a lot of folks in Fayetteville area saying that most believed we bought Perry through adidas even before all of this broke out. I made sure they knew it was just to be closer to his dad. Nothing to see here. They should focus on UPig football being terrible.

It’s butt hurt bullshit but trust me the Arkansas Hawks aren’t a clean Nike AAU program. That guy does his darndest to steer recruits through payments to Arkansas. Wouldn’t surprise me if they paid him initially for his commitment. How does a Georgia kid end up on the Arkansas Hawks to begin with? They are just repeating a narrative.

msbulldog
09-28-2017, 06:21 AM
I believe Perry lived in Arkansas until about 3 years ago.

Maroonthirteen
09-28-2017, 07:13 AM
NWA, I'm sure you are aware. But for others, pay no attention to what Arkansas fans say. They are the most insular group of people I've ever met. Their news is local news only. The world ends at Ft smith and Forest City. They truely believe the sun rises and sets on their ass. Starkville is literally in the middle of a field off a two lane highway.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2017, 08:05 AM
NWA, I'm sure you are aware. But for others, pay no attention to what Arkansas fans say. They are the most insular group of people I've ever met. Their news is local news only. The world ends at Ft smith and Forest City. They truely believe the sun rises and sets on their ass. Starkville is literally in the middle of a field off a two lane highway.

Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 08:32 AM
I believe Perry lived in Arkansas until about 3 years ago.

Meh, they are still irrelevant in basketball no matter what they think. Anderson has hugely disappointed there. Perry has greater ties to MSU than Arkansas. Fact.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 09:32 AM
Man, the sheer amount of butthurt Arkansas fans have based on this one recruit is sheer insanity. They are worse than Ole Miss fans. I will say from now on Arkansas is now my most hated university. If an earthquake happened and it cratered that campus, I wouldn’t shed a tear.

Maroonandwhite
09-28-2017, 10:07 AM
The AR statewide afternoon sports talk radio Hosts tried today to implicate MSU in the OM cheating scandal(s) a couple of weeks ago. Now they think Howland is cheating to get Perry. I don't understand their anger with our program. Malik Monk lived in their backyard and wound up going to U.K. Why they don't turn their anger and accusations towards Calipari and Monk's older brother is a mystery to me. Talk about a "handler" situation! Or perhaps Mike Anderson just isn't doing a great job trying to keep local kids in-state.

mstatefan91
09-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Yeah this doesn't look like a troll job...

WPS
09-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Why they don't turn their anger and accusations towards Calipari and Monk's older brother is a mystery to me.

Not that I would recommend it, but have you visited Hogville? They definitely did. The radio callers were nasty about it too.

Most just think the timing of Perry's decommitment was weird considering he had just got done with an Adidas camp in Europe. Then it didn't help that IJ Ready tweeted "Don't listen to Hog fans, they ain't gonna pay your bills."

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Not that I would recommend it, but have you visited Hogville? They definitely did. The radio callers were nasty about it too.

Most just think the timing of Perry's decommitment was weird considering he had just got done with an Adidas camp in Europe. Then it didn't help that IJ Ready tweeted "Don't listen to Hog fans, they ain't gonna pay your bills."

Yes, I’m sure that’s what IJ meant****. Here’s a question for you. How many players does Mike Anderson have in the NBA vs Howland? I’ll give you a hint. That number isn’t close. The name of the game with these kids is can you get me to the NBA. Last I saw Howland has a very good track record. Mike Anderson hasn’t done crap in that department at Arkansas. Throw in Perry’s ties to State with his dad playing here and it’s not a stretch on why he decommitted from you guys to commit to us. The business decision is Howland can prepare and get him ready to get to the NBA better than Mike Anderson. As much as you Hog fans were questioning Perry’s reasons for going with us over Arkansas all were legitimate reasons.

dawgs
09-28-2017, 11:25 AM
I was expecting a NWA reunion announcement or something in this thread

WPS
09-28-2017, 11:49 AM
How many players does Mike Anderson have in the NBA vs Howland?

UCLA signs top 5-15 classes nearly every year, they're always going to have NBA talent. Bielema churned out NFL OL at Wisconsin and his OL here recently have been awful. Hasn't seemed to matter. The only McDonalds All-American that Anderson has signed was a first round pick and SEC player of the year. Perry is rated higher than he was.

Throw in Perry?s ties to State with his dad playing here and it?s not a stretch on why he decommitted from you guys to commit to us.

Those ties were there even before he ever committed to Arkansas and called it his dream school

smootness
09-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Those ties were there even before he ever committed to Arkansas and called it his dream school

Yeeeeeeeah....so why are you assuming it's us that paid him?

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 12:31 PM
UCLA signs top 5-15 classes nearly every year, they're always going to have NBA talent. Bielema churned out NFL OL at Wisconsin and his OL here recently have been awful. Hasn't seemed to matter. The only McDonalds All-American that Anderson has signed was a first round pick and SEC player of the year. Perry is rated higher than he was.

One NBA player to 20+. In six years, Anderson has only gone to two tournaments and I don’t think he will go this year. How much longer until you guys fire him? Seven years and only two appearances after this year. Seems like your program has gone to non existent mediocreness. Why would a top 15 recruit who essentially has no ties to Arkansas go there? Also judging by Perry’s mom’s comments looks like Anderson dropped the ball on his recruitment. Could it also be that Anderson has become a lazy recruiter? Richardson was 100x the coach Anderson is. The Malik Monk situation is a lot different than this with family ties and all but I think a lot of Arkansas’ issues are self inflicted. It’s easy to blame everyone else but yourself.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Yeeeeeeeah....so why are you assuming it's us that paid him?

This is an excellent point^^

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 12:58 PM
In the history of recruiting has a school ever lost a kid to a flip without a coaching change & the fanbase said "you know what we just lost this kid the other school was just better"?

WPS
09-28-2017, 01:07 PM
One NBA player to 20+. In six years, Anderson has only gone to two tournaments and I don’t think he will go this year. How much longer until you guys fire him? Seven years and only two appearances after this year. Seems like your program has gone to non existent mediocreness. Why would a top 15 recruit who essentially has no ties to Arkansas go there? Also judging by Perry’s mom’s comments looks like Anderson dropped the ball on his recruitment. Could it also be that Anderson has become a lazy recruiter? Richardson was 100x the coach Anderson is. The Malik Monk situation is a lot different than this with family ties and all but I think a lot of Arkansas’ issues are self inflicted. It’s easy to blame everyone else but yourself.

He lived in Arkansas for a while and plays on an Arkansas AAU team, so he doesn't have no ties. Perry's mom's comments went from Anderson dropped the ball, to we don't have a half-court offense, to the fans are racist (lol). She went ballistic on twitter yesterday. A year ago she was tweeting about how excited she was to be able to meet "a legend" in Nolan Richardson and how she couldn't wait to get to Arkansas, blah blah.

Anderson was underwhelming for a while but he's seemed to pick it up and has had his best two years in the last three. Lunardi has us right on the bubble, had us in earlier but now in the first four out. Our 2018 class is ranked 15th right now (was #1 for a while when Perry was still committed) and we have a likely 4* PG already committed for 2019 so recruiting is starting to pick up finally.

The thing that sucks about Monk is we probably make the sweet 16 and knock off UNC if he comes here.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 01:16 PM
He lived in Arkansas for a while and plays on an Arkansas AAU team, so he doesn't have no ties. Perry's mom's comments went from Anderson dropped the ball, to we don't have a half-court offense, to the fans are racist (lol). She went ballistic on twitter yesterday. A year ago she was tweeting about how excited she was to be able to meet "a legend" in Nolan Richardson and how she couldn't wait to get to Arkansas, blah blah.

Anderson was underwhelming for a while but he's seemed to pick it up and has had his best two years in the last three. Lunardi has us right on the bubble, had us in earlier but now in the first four out. Our 2018 class is ranked 15th right now (was #1 for a while when Perry was still committed) and we have a likely 4* PG already committed for 2019 so recruiting is starting to pick up finally.

The thing that sucks about Monk is we probably make the sweet 16 and knock off UNC if he comes here.

Your fans on Twitter have been the worst show of fans that I have ever seen. Ole Miss Bear Trolls are better. With who you have this year, I doubt you make the tournament. Whatever Perry’s Mom said yesterday, your fans deserve the label after the sheer vitriol your Twitter warriors have shown. Glad I am not a fan of Arkansas because I would be utterly embarrassed by the shit spewed on Twitter and message boards in general from you guys.

WPS
09-28-2017, 01:31 PM
With who you have this year, I doubt you make the tournament.

The league should be a lot better so it wouldn't surprise me if we have a worse record, but with 6 seniors back and Barford/Macon being one of the best guard combos in the conference, I think we'll be pretty solid. A lot of it depends on how 4* freshman Daniel Gafford can replace Kingsley.

smootness
09-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Our 2018 class is ranked 15th right now (was #1 for a while when Perry was still committed) and we have a likely 4* PG already committed for 2019 so recruiting is starting to pick up finally.

Sounds like you might be paying players.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Sounds like you might be paying players.

No other explanation for sure...