PDA

View Full Version : OM, the FBI and the NCAA

craigmid
09-27-2017, 07:23 PM
The deniers at UNM believe that this lastest issue with basketball will help them in the pending sanctions from the NCAA.
I have news for them.
The FBI totally embarrassed the NCAA. This will make it even worse on them than it would have been.
This is a turning point for the NCAA. They are about to be made an example of.

Mimi's Babies
09-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Craigmid, This afternoon on Finebaum at 5:40 pm. Paul made a comment that the NCAA turned over information to the FBI..... I believe that OM had better see where all the money is hidden... Which banks, which accounts and who's behind the money.... Paying players is BRIBERY something the feds don't like....

Go get them FBI....

The Federalist Engineer
09-27-2017, 08:23 PM
Wonder if SEC can replace Auburn and Ole Miss with Duke and Virginia after both get Death Penalty

SEC becomes a power house in BB and Soccer with UVA and Duke

UVA would be a great trip and a great baseball rival too

Offshore Dawg
09-28-2017, 06:10 AM
Bears, you can not sue your way out of this one. The misplaced arrogance thinking all this will blow away will bite that ass. The FBI does not dick around.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Didn't Steve mention something in a tweet a while back that had something to do with FBI?

Political Hack
09-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Didn't Steve mention something in a tweet a while back that had something to do with FBI?

Had nothing to do with this. Nobody knew this was coming.

thf24
09-28-2017, 08:12 AM

I think that was in regard to the point-shaving rumors, which nothing has come of to this point.

*way too late edit for reply fail*

craigmid
09-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Craigmid, This afternoon on Finebaum at 5:40 pm. Paul made a comment that the NCAA turned over information to the FBI..... I believe that OM had better see where all the money is hidden... Which banks, which accounts and who's behind the money.... Paying players is BRIBERY something the feds don't like....

Go get them FBI....

Tip of the iceburg.

RocketDawg
09-28-2017, 06:28 PM
The deniers at UNM believe that this lastest issue with basketball will help them in the pending sanctions from the NCAA.
I have news for them.
The FBI totally embarrassed the NCAA. This will make it even worse on them than it would have been.
This is a turning point for the NCAA. They are about to be made an example of.

I don't think this is going to affect the severity of their sanctions one way or the other. But it does take them out of the headlines, at least for a while. And I'm sure they're happy about that. It usually takes some sort of diversion to get a subject out of the news. I don't really see how the basketball thing would embarrass the NCAA. They're not a law enforcement agency.

Mimi's Babies
09-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Tip of the iceburg.

As to the sanctions.... this will not effect them at this time..

With what else I know NOW... Yes sir, just the small tip of the ice burg. It is about to get really COLD in oxfart... I just hope that bring in agents from outside MS.....

craigmid
09-28-2017, 06:55 PM
I don't think this is going to affect the severity of their sanctions one way or the other. But it does take them out of the headlines, at least for a while. And I'm sure they're happy about that. It usually takes some sort of diversion to get a subject out of the news. I don't really see how the basketball thing would embarrass the NCAA. They're not a law enforcement agency.

No they are not, but a lot of this is pay for play. Money filtered to coaches who ultimately give it to athletes.
How is this not also an ncaa thing?
I would have to say yeah.

Mimi's Babies
09-28-2017, 07:10 PM
No they are not, but a lot of this is pay for play. Money filtered to coaches who ultimately give it to athletes.
How is this not also an ncaa thing?
I would have to say yeah.

Craigmid, the NCAA cannot investigate the banking system, accounts, bribery, prostitution, etc. Thus with no subpoena power the NCAA's hands are tied. So this is where the FEDS must take the reins. After the Feds have completed their work -- then NCAA should be able to take over the reins and finish their job....

bomanishus
09-28-2017, 08:48 PM
THIS.....that local office in oxford has had some problems in the recent past

Fred Garvin
09-28-2017, 09:01 PM
THIS.....that local office in oxford has had some problems in the recent past

Where do you get think those agents in that office went to law school????

coachnorm
09-28-2017, 09:15 PM

Go get them FBI....

I have been waiting a long time for something like this to happen where law enforcement gets involved with an NCAA issue and blows it up. Gone are all the COI regulations and constraints and now the witness stand is where testifiers are at risk for not being forthcoming. Testifiers will have to decide if they want to put themselves at risk just to cover up for someone else.

I have been hoping that something like this will migrate to Oxford. The FBI could get curious about strange dealings going on there too. Who is willing to risk jail time to protect those lawyers and state officials that have been covering OM all these years? How can OM survive with the internal organization now pointing fingers at each other instead of skillfully covering for each other?

Bothrops
09-28-2017, 09:46 PM
If the FBI hadn't already been involved with the OM case, they missed the mark.