PDA

View Full Version : Forde Tweeting Bama Basketball is next on NCAA/FBI Hit Parade.

Dawgowar
09-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Hope UNC, Duke, and most of the East Coast powers get named too.

msstate7
09-27-2017, 07:04 PM
To be honest, not liking Alabama and auburn being mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've been competing with them a lot lately for recruits

vv83
09-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Honestly surprised that happened under Greg

msstate7
09-27-2017, 07:11 PM

Arizona too

Mimi's Babies
09-27-2017, 07:13 PM
How long has Burns been at Bama-- 1st of this year MAYBE?????

Looks like one is gone already... Kobie Baker....

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/913185360334790658

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/913196349969113088

vv83
09-27-2017, 07:22 PM
How long has Burns been at Bama-- 1st of this year MAYBE?????

Looks like one is gone already... Kobie Baker....

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/913185360334790658

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/913196349969113088

Byrne?

RocketDawg
09-27-2017, 07:30 PM

Probably been going on a lot longer than Byrne has been there, and at other schools too. Wouldn't think it's just a recent thing.

Homedawg
09-27-2017, 07:36 PM

Remove your head from the naive sand. An ad can't stop any of the crap that happens like this. And I don't give two craps about Greg Byrne.

Mimi's Babies
09-27-2017, 07:49 PM
Byrne?

Yes, Thank you...

Mimi's Babies
09-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I could NOT let this pos picture/tweet go by....

https://twitter.com/CopiahDawg/status/913203451559137280[/url]

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 07:55 PM
News flash fellas:

Expect most everyone to be involved.

This is how recruiting in college basketball works.

If we are involved, I'll just shrug my shoulders. It's how the game has operated.

I just want it cleaned up.

Jack Lambert
09-27-2017, 08:36 PM
It would probably best if almost all schools get busted for this. The ncaa isn't going to put the entire NCAA on probation.

Harrydawg
09-27-2017, 08:58 PM
If a NCAA basketball coach has been serious about winning and competing - I assure he has been somehow involved in this and is is well aware. It is that big.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 08:58 PM
It would probably best if almost all schools get busted for this. The ncaa isn't going to put the entire NCAA on probation.

This

Just clean it up.

I'd rather everyone go down than freaking Calipari get away scot free. Clean up the sport.

I hope Bama football goes down as well.

After what happened with Reakwon Davis a few years ago, I'm skeptical as to how all the best players in the country end up at the same school.

Political Hack
09-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Remove your head from the naive sand. An ad can't stop any of the crap that happens like this. And I don't give two craps about Greg Byrne.

The ADs know what's going on. They just choose to look the other way when they can.

This whole investigation is about to destroy college basketball. Personally, I don't think anyone is immune. It's going to be national and it's going to impact a lot of conferences. Somehow, some way, I'm willing to bet the Big Ten comes out the cleanest. And when that ends up being the case, I think everyone will be able to figure out where the complaints are coming from. And I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints flooded over into football as well.

TimberBeast
09-27-2017, 09:14 PM
The ADs know what's going on. They just choose to look the other way when they can.

This whole investigation is about to destroy college basketball. Personally, I don't think anyone is immune. It's going to be national and it's going to impact a lot of conferences. Somehow, some way, I'm willing to bet the Big Ten comes out the cleanest. And when that ends up being the case, I think everyone will be able to figure out where the complaints are coming from. And I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints flooded over into football as well.

Just curious as to why you think the big 10 comes out the cleanest?

fader2103
09-27-2017, 09:17 PM
My Co-worker said the final four next year will probably be. Mississippi College, Millsaps, Belhaven and Rhodes.

Political Hack
09-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Just curious as to why you think the big 10 comes out the cleanest?

Generally, they're the ones complaining about the other conferences cheating.

Dolphus Raymond
09-27-2017, 09:26 PM
I hope the FBI and NCAA burn the entire corrupt college basketball system to the f---ing ground. While they are at it they can lock-up all the AAU "handlers" and the high school coaches who sell 17 year old kids to the highest bidder. My opinion may not be popular but college basketball is rotten to its very core and I do not care what schools go down in this mess. The day of reckoning has arrived and honestly, this day is long over due.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2017, 09:38 PM
To be honest, not liking Alabama and auburn being mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've been competing with them a lot lately for recruits

Yea but who have we got that Bama or Auburn wanted? I think this might have more to do with Collin Sexton, Austin Wiley, Mustapha Heron....the guy who just decommittted from Auburn...what other 5 Star am I missing?

TimberBeast
09-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Generally, they're the ones complaining about the other conferences cheating.

Pac 10 is right there with them.

TimberBeast
09-27-2017, 09:41 PM
I hope the FBI and NCAA burn the entire corrupt college basketball system to the f---ing ground. While they are at it they can lock-up all the AAU "handlers" and the high school coaches who sell 17 year old kids to the highest bidder. My opinion may not be popular but college basketball is rotten to its very core and I do not care what schools go down in this mess. The day of reckoning has arrived and honestly, this day is long over due.

College football is right behind college basketball and I wouldn't mind seeing both blown up and start back over with focus on academics. That's where it all went wrong anyway.

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2017, 09:45 PM
College football is right behind college basketball and I wouldn't mind seeing both blown up and start back over with focus on academics. That's where it all went wrong anyway.
There has never been a focus on academics in college football. Hell, one of the reasons we skipped some early years playing Ole Miss was because of accusations that players were ringers and not students. College football has only ever been about 1 thing - winning.

msstate7
09-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Yea but who have we got that Bama or Auburn wanted? I think this might have more to do with Collin Sexton, Austin Wiley, Mustapha Heron....the guy who just decommittted from Auburn...what other 5 Star am I missing?

Ado and mama's boy the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head... both over auburn. Guess you right about losing most of them

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2017, 09:48 PM
Ado and mama's boy the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head... both over auburn. Guess you right about losing most of them

Speaking of Collin Sexton...you might want to read this....link (https://www.tidesports.com/kobie-baker-resignation-fbi-investigation/) Bama screwed

TimberBeast
09-27-2017, 09:58 PM
There has never been a focus on academics in college football. Hell, one of the reasons we skipped some early years playing Ole Miss was because of accusations that players were ringers and not students. College football has only ever been about 1 thing - winning.

I didn't say it wasn't about winning, all sports are about winning, but we have lowered admissions standards and will let players in school that have no business being on a college campus in the name of sports. That's why we're where we are now. It all needs to be dialed back down and academics should matter.

Political Hack
09-28-2017, 07:45 AM
I didn't say it wasn't about winning, all sports are about winning, but we have lowered admissions standards and will let players in school that have no business being on a college campus in the name of sports. That's why we're where we are now. It all needs to be dialed back down and academics should matter.

Yep, but until 70,000 people start paying $75 a pop to watch a math test, we're stuck in this world. And that's not being a smart a SS, that's just the simple truth of the matter. Like it or not. Money makes the world go around and there's a LOT of money in college football.

KentuckyDawg13
09-28-2017, 07:56 AM
HAHA...Pac10 is one of the worst culprits.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2017, 08:00 AM
And why lower the standards, etc.??? It is about getting the best players on campus, so you win, and you feed the cash machine. I don't disagree that those decisions - most of which took place more than 50 years ago - set sports on this path. And the bigger the money got, the bigger the need to push the envelope so you keep winning. But, let's not act like there was some pure moment in college sports when teams didn't cheat. My grandfather never graduated high school but was somehow enrolled at Georgia Military College in 1940 with a plan from Wally Butts to be the other half back with Frank Sinkwich at UGA in 1941. On top of which, he played a year of semi-pro in 1939. The scale of cheating has changed as the money has increased, but it has always been there.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 08:23 AM
This. Big time college football has always been about football. Same for basketball.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 08:25 AM

Actually the academic part of your argument is total hogwash. That is actually stricter now than it has ever been.

Tbonewannabe
09-28-2017, 08:28 AM

In the early days, guys would basically go around as mercenaries and play for whoever paid them. It was part of the reason for the NCAA being founded. It makes sense that the Ole Miss nancy boys would have to hire men to play their sports for them since slavery had been abolished.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 08:28 AM

Lol, are you referring to Heron as mama’s boy? :). Heron went on an unofficial to Auburn and committed on the spot. Always thought that recruitment was fishy. Glad we didn’t end up with him. Person was an idiot in his involvement with all of this. All he would have had to do was a quick google search and he would have seen that financial guy was a CI. Just tells you how wreckless Person was.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Lol, are you referring to Heron as mama’s boy? :). Heron went on an unofficial to Auburn and committed on the spot. Always thought that recruitment was fishy. Glad we didn’t end up with him. Person was an idiot in his involvement with all of this. All he would have had to do was a quick google search and he would have seen that financial guy was a CI. Just tells you how wreckless Person was.

He was referring to G.Brooks I would think.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Boys and girls, we can argue when cheating started all day long, but realistically it's been going on since the beginning of man. Not to turn this into a religious thread or go off topic, but when Eve took a bite out of that apple, wasn't she trying to cheat the system? Everyone looks at this scandal like it's something special. News flash... there are hundreds, thousands...who knows how many....people out there trying to figure out how to cheat whatever they are involved with at the moment.

I guarantee you there are coaches out there trying to figure out a way to make this scandal benefit them.

msstate7
09-28-2017, 09:14 AM
He was referring to G.Brooks I would think.
Yep

Homedawg
09-28-2017, 10:02 AM

I never said they don't know what's going on. I said they can't stop it. If a booster or whoever wants to take care of a kid, it's going to happen AD be damned.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Yep

So my guess is Collin Sexton, Mustapha Heron, and Austin Wiley don’t step on the court this year unless Auburn and Alabama admins don’t care about the long term wellbeing of their universities. I think probation is inevitable for Auburn and South Carolina (along with a vacated Final Four). If Alabama plays Sexton, they will end up on probation too. Would seem dumb to play him at all this year IMO. Auburn is going to get hammered. SEC basketball will be severely weakened. Another Adidas school in the SEC that no one mentions is A&M. They somehow were able to get some very high quality recruiting classes with Stansbury’s help over the years and landed great players over the last couple of years as well. Of course the architect of all this shit is Cal at Kentucky. If they escape this shit then what was the point of the investigation to begin with.

msstate7
09-28-2017, 10:23 AM
So my guess is Collin Sexton, Mustapha Heron, and Austin Wiley don’t step on the court this year unless Auburn and Alabama admins don’t care about the long term wellbeing of their universities. I think probation is inevitable for Auburn and South Carolina (along with a vacated Final Four). If Alabama plays Sexton, they will end up on probation too. Would seem dumb to play him at all this year IMO. Auburn is going to get hammered. SEC basketball will be severely weakened. Another Adidas school in the SEC that no one mentions is A&M. They somehow were able to get some very high quality recruiting classes with Stansbury’s help over the years and landed great players over the last couple of years as well. Of course the architect of all this shit is Cal at Kentucky. If they escape this shit then what was the point of the investigation to begin with.

Assuming we aren't a defendant in this mess, our outlook this year certainly looks better

smootness
09-28-2017, 10:28 AM
After all the talk about how much our affiliation with Adidas and their relationship with Howland has helped in recruiting, we're insane if we're not bracing to some degree for this. I'm not saying we've done anything wrong, I certainly hope we aren't caught up in it, but we're extremely naive if we think there's no chance we become a focus at some point.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 10:47 AM
After all the talk about how much our affiliation with Adidas and their relationship with Howland has helped in recruiting, we're insane if we're not bracing to some degree for this. I'm not saying we've done anything wrong, I certainly hope we aren't caught up in it, but we're extremely naive if we think there's no chance we become a focus at some point.

Of course anything can happen but right now no one on campus is worried about this. Again that can always change but right now there's no sweat on anyone at MSU brow.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 10:51 AM

Meh. I suppose you are a typical expect the worst hope for the best type of MSU fan. If we were one of the eight schools mentioned and tied to the FBI’s investigation that was released on Tuesday, I would be concerned. The Adidas execs that were pinched were funneling recruits to Nike schools. The other exec funneled a recruit to Louisville. They were jailed because they essentially were money laundering. Who have we recruited that we didn’t already have some ties to?

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Of course anything can happen but right now no one on campus is worried about this. Again that can always change but right now there's no sweat on anyone at MSU brow.

Exactly. Listen to IYOK. He knows his shit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2017, 11:22 AM

I see your point for sure but the question keeps arising "Who have we got that would raise any eye brows? The players involved were 1 and dones. The only ones in question for us are Malik and upcoming Reggie Perry. But it just so happens they are both MSU legacies. I'll admit I am a little nervous about it but I am beginning to think more and more that we're safe.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 11:30 AM
I think people are also getting the normal dark side of recruiting confused with this FBI sting. 95% of recruiting involves some sort of gray area dealings. This is a totally different deal. This is purchasing a kid for future gain once he gets to the NBA. This doesn't happen often or at a lot of schools.

msstate7
09-28-2017, 11:33 AM
I think people are also getting the normal dark side of recruiting confused with this FBI sting. 95% of recruiting involves some sort of gray area dealings. This is a totally different deal. This is purchasing a kid for future gain once he gets to the NBA. This doesn't happen often or at a lot of schools.

Why exactly is this illegal?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Why exactly is this illegal?

The FBI considers it bribery. We call it recruiting

smootness
09-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Meh. I suppose you are a typical expect the worst hope for the best type of MSU fan. If we were one of the eight schools mentioned and tied to the FBI’s investigation that was released on Tuesday, I would be concerned. The Adidas execs that were pinched were funneling recruits to Nike schools. The other exec funneled a recruit to Louisville. They were jailed because they essentially were money laundering. Who have we recruited that we didn’t already have some ties to?

I'm not making any predictions. I'm just saying that no one should assume we'll be fine. I hope we are, but we've only seen the beginnings of this thing, and people have mentioned how much our affiliation with Adidas has helped in getting some kids from the Adidas circuit. So just assuming we'll be free and clear seems like you could be setting yourself up for disappointment.

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm not making any predictions. I'm just saying that no one should assume we'll be fine. I hope we are, but we've only seen the beginnings of this thing, and people have mentioned how much our affiliation with Adidas has helped in getting some kids from the Adidas circuit. So just assuming we'll be free and clear seems like you could be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Nope. It’s logic in why I’m not worried right now. The FBI has a high motivation to flip those that they have arrested and have the goods on. The FBI will concentrate on their current investigation and dealing with those eight schools. If our staff/admin feels good about things than I do as well and it also means that we haven’t acted improperly with the execs the FBI pinched or asked them to launder money for us to get a recruit (which is really dumb as shit). It also means that our guys didn’t get caught on surveillance with these guys as well. The FBI laid out a pretty good case and it took them 2-3 years to get to where they were and this was with no one knowing what was going on. On anything going forward, element of surprise is gone. So I’d think getting the goods on anything new that isn’t directly tied to the work they have already done would be more difficult.

This also reiterates the point that Pitino and Person are dumb as shit period.

dmdezigns
09-28-2017, 06:11 PM

You have to remember the only reason people are calling this an adidas investigation is because 2 Adidas employees are named and involved.
Coaches arrested: Arizona - Nike
Auburn - Under Armour
Ok State - Nike
USC - Nike
Schools mentioned in the complaint or otherwise implicated: Louisville - Adidas
Miami - Adidas

So of the 6 schools known to be involved, only 2 are Adidas schools. This isn't about being an Adidas school.

RocketDawg
09-28-2017, 06:21 PM

I think he meant that colleges ... not college football ... should go back to focusing on academics. I agree. That's what colleges are for. And college is not for everybody, even though entrance standards are so low that just random guessing on the ACT will give you a passing grade.

RocketDawg
09-28-2017, 06:23 PM
I see your point for sure but the question keeps arising "Who have we got that would raise any eye brows? The players involved were 1 and dones. The only ones in question for us are Malik and upcoming Reggie Perry. But it just so happens they are both MSU legacies. I'll admit I am a little nervous about it but I am beginning to think more and more that we're safe.

How about Renardo Sydney (and I have no idea if I spelled either name correctly)?

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 07:10 PM
The FBI considers it bribery. We call it recruiting

They are going to have a hard time proving this was a crime. Not saying they can't, just saying it's not a cut and dried crime, not as charged. Now broken NCAA rules or tax problems are another matter.

turkish
09-28-2017, 07:16 PM
If they spent this long investigating and arrested these folks for things that aren't crimes, well, I don't know what to say. With that said, I still can't tell exactly what was done that is illegal. I mean, I can understand the potential tax fraud, but not much more. I'm no legal genius, but usually thugs like this are a little more obvious, it seems.

Mimi's Babies
09-28-2017, 07:19 PM
If they spent this long investigating and arrested these folks for things that aren't crimes, well, I don't know what to say. With that said, I still can't tell exactly what was done that is illegal. I mean, I can understand the potential tax fraud, but not much more. I'm no legal genius, but usually thugs like this are a little more obvious, it seems.

Bribery aka Paying Players....

turkish
09-28-2017, 07:22 PM
So I can't legally pay you $10 to buy Holsum instead of Sara Lee?

Listen, I get that it's a huge NCAA, amateurism violation. But I don't get the legal impacts. I do see why bribing legal officials, public officials is illegal. Athletes?

MarketingBully
09-28-2017, 07:30 PM

They basically got the shoe execs for money laundering. That I believe is a crime.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 07:35 PM

Is that illegal? It is when it involves a public official but a private individual? I'm not sure about that. It's definitely against NCAA rules, but that's not law.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 07:38 PM
They basically got the shoe execs for money laundering. That I believe is a crime.

To be money laundering there has to be money obtained illegally involved. Again, NCAA rules are NOT law. It will be interesting to see how this stuff shakes out legally. NCAA wise all involved are in deep $@&?.

dmdezigns
09-28-2017, 07:42 PM
They are going to have a hard time proving this was a crime. Not saying they can't, just saying it's not a cut and dried crime, not as charged. Now broken NCAA rules or tax problems are another matter.

This looks pretty clear.

The complaint references title 18, sec 666 (a) (1)(B) and 666 (a)(2)

Title 18, sec 666 (a)(1)(B)
"(a) Whoever, if the circumstance described in subsection (b) of this section exists—
(1) being an agent of an organization, or of a State, local, or Indian tribal government, or any agency thereof—
(A) embezzles, steals, obtains by fraud, or otherwise without authority knowingly converts to the use of any person other than the rightful owner or intentionally misapplies, property that—
(i) is valued at $5,000 or more, and
(ii) is owned by, or is under the care, custody, or control of such organization, government, or agency; or
(B) corruptly solicits or demands for the benefit of any person, or accepts or agrees to accept, anything of value from any person, intending to be influenced or rewarded in connection with any business, transaction, or series of transactions of such organization, government, or agency involving any thing of value of $5,000 or more; or
(2) corruptly gives, offers, or agrees to give anything of value to any person, with intent to influence or reward an agent of an organization or of a State, local or Indian tribal government, or any agency thereof, in connection with any business, transaction, or series of transactions of such organization, government, or agency involving anything of value of $5,000 or more;

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."

ETA: And that's just count one.

turkish
09-28-2017, 07:50 PM
So it's because these coaches were agents of the State?

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Is a coach an agent of the State? That certainly wouldn't apply to Miami or USC. Those are private schools.

Mimi's Babies
09-29-2017, 04:53 AM
Is a coach an agent of the State? That certainly wouldn't apply to Miami or USC. Those are private schools.

Are those colleges receiving federal funds?

dmdezigns
09-29-2017, 05:17 AM
"(1) being an agent of an organization, or of a State, local, or Indian tribal government, or any agency thereof—"
It doesn't have to be govt.

It says agent of an organization OR of a govt.

So a university is an organization. Therefore it applies.

ETA: a little more googling indicates that this statute is related to programs receiving federal funds.

dmdezigns
09-29-2017, 05:25 AM
According to this USC definitely has been receiving federal funds. http://www.scpr.org/news/2014/09/30/47070/usc-among-recipients-of-75-million-in-federal-inno/

And from the University of Miami website "RESEARCH: Research and sponsored program expenditures totaled $323.8 million (FY16). UM ranked 61st of all universities in expenditures of federal funds for research and development (FY14) according to the NSF HERD Survey."

So yes they both receive federal funds. And agents in this sense are typically employees.

MarketingBully
09-29-2017, 11:39 AM
After reading Schlabach’s article, I feel even better about where we stand in this. Much like all other crimes and investigations of this nature, the FBI fell into this because the ones accused were stupid and greedy. All ten of those guys they arrested were complete and total baffoons. Also based on Gatto’s discussions from Schlabach’s article, I bet they only do something like that for a handful of recruits a year (top 10 players I’m thinking). If I was the FBI, I would concentrate on the Top 6 schools that signed the biggest shoe company deals. Of course since they revealed their investigation, I’m thinking it becomes harder to catch these guys.

Tbonewannabe
09-29-2017, 02:33 PM
After reading Schlabach’s article, I feel even better about where we stand in this. Much like all other crimes and investigations of this nature, the FBI fell into this because the ones accused were stupid and greedy. All ten of those guys they arrested were complete and total baffoons. Also based on Gatto’s discussions from Schlabach’s article, I bet they only do something like that for a handful of recruits a year (top 10 players I’m thinking). If I was the FBI, I would concentrate on the Top 6 schools that signed the biggest shoe company deals. Of course since they revealed their investigation, I’m thinking it becomes harder to catch these guys.

You mean like having World Wide Wes sitting directly behind your bench at home games and getting every player from an AAU team? Calipari could be next.

MarketingBully
09-29-2017, 03:07 PM
You mean like having World Wide Wes sitting directly behind your bench at home games and getting every player from an AAU team? Calipari could be next.

Yeah, Cal is dirty. A great example was when he went to Kentucky and immediately Kentucky lands the #2 player in John Wall and a top 10 player in DeMarcus Cousins. They were going to sign with Memphis (possibly) and UK had no shot. Cal goes to Kentucky and WWW gets those deals done for those two players. That’s how a U.K. team goes from the NIT to the Elite Eight. Even Saban had a mediocre season his first year at Alabama. Cal goes to a shitty Kentucky team and immediately they are Elite Eight. He is the sleaziest coach I have ever seen in any sport. He doesn’t even hide it.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Yeah, Cal is dirty. A great example was when he went to Kentucky and immediately Kentucky lands the #2 player in John Wall and a top 10 player in DeMarcus Cousins. They were going to sign with Memphis (possibly) and UK had no shot. Cal goes to Kentucky and WWW gets those deals done for those two players. That’s how a U.K. team goes from the NIT to the Elite Eight. Even Saban had a mediocre season his first year at Alabama. Cal goes to a shitty Kentucky team and immediately they are Elite Eight. He is the sleaziest coach I have ever seen in any sport. He doesn’t even hide it.

If Saban would've went to Bama from LSU his recruiting would've been like Cal's. I like Cal he doesn't try to hide what he's doing behind this college amateur BS like others. He recognizes that 1 & done guys are 9 month rentals. People were just pissed because he was the 1st to accept & master it. Coach K is following the exact same blueprint now but nobody ever mentions a word about how he's killing college basketball.

smootness
09-29-2017, 04:25 PM

Recruits are tied to coaches more in basketball than any other sport. I think Calipari is dirty, but the fact that Wall and Cousins flipped to UK when Calipari went there doesn't provide evidence of that. It made sense that they followed him from Memphis.