PDA

View Full Version : I was considering cutting the cables and cancelling DirecTV until AT&T...

RougeDawg
09-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Did this. They are giving full refunds for NFL Sunday ticket to those who request it. Finally a large corporation stands up and puts their money where the mouthes of the public are. Not only will I be keeping my DirecTV I will let them know why and will now add an Apple Watch cellular plan. Any corporation who values this nation and the sacrifices of those who allow us to live as free as any nation ever before on this planet, will get my business as long as they stand by those principles.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2017/09/27/nfl-national-anthem-protests-sack-directv/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix&yptr=yahoo#efef14a475fd

ETA. This protest has nothing to do with Trump. It's just a typical ploy of a certain group to attach a polarizing topic to a completely different agenda. Use your brain and recall when it started and why it started. Let's recall the clown who started it and the inaccurate statistics he based his opinion on to start this in the beginning. Every one of his reasons were simply not true. Police force and brutality rates are about 0.08% of the entire United States male population. Please go look these stats up, because the "media" only harps on those instances that fit their agenda.

This clown(who i will not mention) was also allowed to wear one of the most horrific people of the last century on a t-shirt in press conferences, Che Guevara (responsible for the murders and oppression of the Cuban people). Please look him up and ask why the NFL or Goodell would allow such a horrible "political" person's face be worn during a post game presser?

Also recall that the NFL has rules that prevent public display of political opinions while in uniform or on a field of play. They didn't allow the Cowboys to wear stickers honoring the 5 assissinated police officers because it was "political". They didn't allow the New York teams to wear 9/11 stickers honoring the 3000+ who perished that day because it was "political". They didn't allow Tebor or RG3 to wear "know Jesus, know peace" t-shirts or promote their religion because those were "political". If they are against "political" statements why is this rule applied selectively?

The hypocrisy and double standard put forth by one side of his nation is appalling. But even more appalling is the blind eye, false narrative, false agitation, and promotion of these fallacies by the "media."

One of the answers to the questions posed above can be answered by those who choose to look up who Goodell's father is and what he did. All answers point to a certain larger problem across the nation. Ask the university of Missouri how that worked out for them. The NFL is following down that crowded path of institutions in this country.

Big4Dawg
09-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Make it stop....

shannondawg
09-27-2017, 10:18 AM
I called Directv Monday to cancel and they told me Sunday was the last day to cancel, so I canceled the auto renewal.

Read an article in WSJ Tuesday and it said that they were canceling for some people and not for others. I called again yesterday and told them I was tired of the disrespect of our national anthem, and they did cancel and a full refund will be forthcoming.

I emailed the reporter for the WSJ Joseph Flint and told him my results and thanked him for letting us know. He promptly called me and wanted to know what part of the country I lived. We chatted and I gave him my theory on ending this mess. If they want to sit, let their ass sit the entire game and see how long it takes for them to have a change of heart, or at least feel that their message had been received and their work was done. I actually didn't say it in those terms, but it sounds better telling it to more friendly folk. He said he might use it in future articles.

My guess is DTV has enough problems with deflections from their programming, that they decided not to add fuel to the fire and allow people to cancel in protest,.

TimberBeast
09-27-2017, 10:22 AM
ETA. This protest has nothing to do with Trump. It's just a typical ploy of a certain group to attach a polarizing topic to a completely different agenda. Use your brain and recall when it started and why it started. Let's recall the clown who started it and the inaccurate statistics he based his opinion on to start this in the beginning. Every one of his reasons were simply not true. Police force and brutality rates are about 0.08% of the entire United States male population. Please go look these stats up, because the "media" only harps on those instances that fit their agenda.

This clown(who i will not mention) was also allowed to wear one of the most horrific people of the last century on a t-shirt in press conferences, Che Guevara (responsible for the murders and oppression of the Cuban people). Please look him up and ask why the NFL or Goodell would allow such a horrible "political" person's face be worn during a post game presser?

Also recall that the NFL has rules that prevent public display of political opinions while in uniform or on a field of play. They didn't allow the Cowboys to wear stickers honoring the 5 assissinated police officers because it was "political". They didn't allow the New York teams to wear 9/11 stickers honoring the 3000+ who perished that day because it was "political". They didn't allow Tebor or RG3 to wear "know Jesus, know peace" t-shirts or promote their religion because those were "political". If they are against "political" statements why is this rule applied selectively?

The hypocrisy and double standard put forth by one side of his nation is appalling. But even more appalling is the blind eye, false narrative, false agitation, and promotion of these fallacies by the "media."

One of the answers to the questions posed above can be answered by those who choose to look up who Goodell's father is and what he did. All answers point to a certain larger problem across the nation. Ask the university of Missouri how that worked out for them. The NFL is following down that crowded path of institutions in this country.

Absolutely correct.

ScoobaDawg
09-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Did this. They are giving full refunds for NFL Sunday ticket to those who request it. Finally a large corporation stands up and puts their money where the mouthes of the public are. Not only will I be keeping my DirecTV I will let them know why and will now add an Apple Watch cellular plan. Any corporation who values this nation and the sacrifices of those who allow us to live as free as any nation ever before on this planet, will get my business as long as they stand by those principles.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2017/09/27/nfl-national-anthem-protests-sack-directv/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix&yptr=yahoo#efef14a475fd

Everyone was warned. Keep the politics off this board. Enjoy some time off.