PDA

View Full Version : Pitino & Jurich To be Fired Today

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 09:00 AM
That's the rumor.

If the NCAA would just give Louisville, Auburn, & Ole Miss the death penalty in all sports, college athletics would be immediately cleaner the next day.

What do all three of these schools have in common?

Booster envy of another in-state school.

Auburn is Bama's redheaded step child
Louisville plays 2nd fiddle to Kentucky basketball in-state
Ole Miss couldn't handle losing 3 straight Egg Bowls.

BeastMan
09-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Ross Bjork came to OM from WKU. Wonder if he's interested in UL

msstate7
09-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Thread title reads like a SEC Country headline...

Pitino & Jurich To Be Fired Today

Then open it and well, that's the rumor

Lol

KentuckyDawg13
09-27-2017, 09:14 AM
All sports? Explain the reasoning for that?

MetEdDawg
09-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Here's the thing. If you want people to stop doing things like this, you have to make it to where the potential penalties aren't worth taking the chance of cheating at this level. Arresting one coach does nothing. If there's anything connected to Auburn that goes remotely beyond Chuck, someone has to bring the hammer down.

I still firmly believe that until the NCAA has subpoena power, they will never be able to deter universities from cheating at the level of teams like OM and USC. The amount of penalties for 21 Level 1 violations that is actually outlined as their penalty guidelines is not something the NCAA will do to OM. They are afraid of court and long-term battles on this kind of stuff because they are beginning to realize they have no real power. Problem for them is that the universities realized 15-20 years ago the NCAA had no real power and have already established elaborate networks of ways to get around being caught.

lefty96
09-27-2017, 09:25 AM
It is a rumor, but it is from a source inside the University. The AD is meeting with the President now per Wolken's twitter.

TrapGame
09-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Here's the thing. If you want people to stop doing things like this, you have to make it to where the potential penalties aren't worth taking the chance of cheating at this level. Arresting one coach does nothing. If there's anything connected to Auburn that goes remotely beyond Chuck, someone has to bring the hammer down.

I still firmly believe that until the NCAA has subpoena power, they will never be able to deter universities from cheating at the level of teams like OM and USC. The amount of penalties for 21 Level 1 violations that is actually outlined as their penalty guidelines is not something the NCAA will do to OM. They are afraid of court and long-term battles on this kind of stuff because they are beginning to realize they have no real power. Problem for them is that the universities realized 15-20 years ago the NCAA had no real power and have already established elaborate networks of ways to get around being caught.

Death Penalty.

The NCAA needs to say ENOUGH. OM should be the first team to get one followed by a dozen more for multiple department wide infractions. It's time to drop the nuke not the hammer. Shut down these ADs for a couple of years for some soul searching and let the boosters understand this shit has gone too far and it ends now.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Jurich was just officially fired & Pitino just arrived at the President's office.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Pitino's meeting with the President is over & apparently lasted 5 minutes.

Seems like just long enough to say, "GTFO"

gtowndawg
09-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Death Penalty.

The NCAA needs to say ENOUGH. OM should be the first team to get one followed by a dozen more for multiple department wide infractions. It's time to drop the nuke not the hammer. Shut down these ADs for a couple of years for some soul searching and let the boosters understand this shit has gone too far and it ends now.

Here, here my good man. Make an example of Ole Miss and Louisville. Boosters need to understand they can ruin their school if this continues.

msstate7
09-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Jurich was just officially fired & Pitino just arrived at the President's office.

They earned it

mparkerfd20
09-27-2017, 10:41 AM
Not a rumor. It's just official now. Both fired.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Thread title reads like a SEC Country headline...

Pitino & Jurich To Be Fired Today

Then open it and well, that's the rumor

Lol

not surprised.

ScoobaDawg
09-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Pitino has a clause in contract can only be fired by board after 10 days. allowed to present evidence.

Pitino will lose out on $55 million

Dawgology
09-27-2017, 10:50 AM
As long as the NCAA selectively enforces their own rules then this will all continue. Look at the OM thing. By their own "guideline" Ole Miss should get north of 70 schollies lost and 5+ year bowl ban, plus financial penalties and something like a 20 year probabtion.

We all know it won't come CLOSE to that.

I agree. NCAA needs to say "for every level 1 violation you lose 20 scholarships in that sport immediately for a period of 4 years". But I also agree that until the NCAA has subpoena power they are really kind of out there on a rope.

MarketingBully
09-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Both Jurich and Pitino deserved to be fired after just getting penalties handed down from a hooker scandal. A hooker scandal! There was a blatant disregard for the rules by Pitino and his staff. They didn’t just buy the 2017 kid. They were brokering a deal for a 2019 kid as well. How they don’t get the death penalty is beyond me. What they did is worse than SMU as they added hookers as inducements on top of the run of the mill buying players. That’s bad no matter who you are.

parabrave
09-27-2017, 11:03 AM
Guess hookers and paying players don't mix. Umm except for little ole school up north. Their AD was fired also. Wonder how many head coaches will fall.

preachermatt83
09-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Louisville AD is considered the best AD in America.

SignalToNoise
09-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Reports that they have been fired appear to be inaccurate.

https://twitter.com/MarcusGreenWDRB/status/913071474700951552

Jack Lambert
09-27-2017, 11:18 AM
This could turn out to be the biggest scandal in NCAA history.

smootness
09-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Louisville AD is considered the best AD in America.

Not anymore.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2017, 11:50 AM
What does it say about your athletic dept when Petrino is the most stable thing you got?********

DudyDawg
09-27-2017, 12:09 PM
What does it say about your athletic dept when Petrino is the most stable thing you got?

No, that would be Papa John

Bucky Dog
09-27-2017, 12:13 PM
What does it say about your athletic dept when Petrino is the most stable thing you got?

I would say McDonnell and baseball is pretty good

msbulldog
09-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Reports that they have been fired appear to be inaccurate.

https://twitter.com/MarcusGreenWDRB/status/913071474700951552

Googled U of L report said Petino and Jurich placed on admin. leave.

dmdezigns
09-27-2017, 12:33 PM
"The school's board of trustees was unanimous in sporting the moves according to chairman J. David Grissom who also attended the news conference.

A final decision on Jurich and Pitino will be made by the trustees no later than their next scheduled meeting on Oct. 18 Postel said.

Steve Pence, Pitino's attorney, told the Louisville Courier-Journal Wednesday that the coach has been "effectively fired."

According to his contract, Pitino must be given 10 days notice before any firing can be official."

So technically Pitino is on unpaid leave but his contract requires 10 days notice before he can be fired. This is a formality, nothing more.

Jurich is on paid leave, so I can't tell what that means for him. But they are moving forward with an interim head coach and AD. I highly doubt he gets to return. This may also just be part of his contract.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20834710/louisville-head-coach-rick-pitino-athletic-director-tom-jurich-out

Commercecomet24
09-27-2017, 01:05 PM
I would say McDonnell and baseball is pretty good

Guess I should've included these*****

Lol

DudyDawg
09-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Interesting development- daughter of the AD is an NCAA brand communications manager........... for Adidas.