PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Want To See?: MSU v. Auburn

TrapGame
09-27-2017, 07:55 AM
I want to see a competitive football team playing focused and disciplined for four quarters. If we play up to our potential then we can keep this game within 7 points.

I want to see Fitz work his TEs and hit Gray for one good long pass that makes the Auburn defense back off a little.

And I want Jeff Simmons to show up in this game. I want him on Stidham so much they have file for a marriage license after the game.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 08:00 AM
I want to see an offense that generally attempts to stretch the field and better tackling. I thought the tackling at UGA last week was below average and will have to get better.

Overall, I don't know if we have the horses to win this game, but we've just got to play better than we did last week. Last week was "We Believe" 2.0 in every way but the slogan. Difference is that this team is much better than the "we believe" team. What happened to this team last week shouldn't have happened.

We'll see if our leadership can step us this week.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2017, 08:01 AM
A win

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 08:08 AM
A win

THIS

To add: I think this is the first game in which we'll really find out what this team is.

The first two games were easy, against LSU we ambushed them, & at UGA we got ambushed.

This is the first game that the hype is gone, the other team doesn't appear to be over hyped for the game either, & we can just really see what this football team is. I'm not sure we know yet

TrapGame
09-27-2017, 08:19 AM
THIS

To add: I think this is the first game in which we'll really find out what this team is.

The first two games were easy, against LSU we ambushed them, & at UGA we got ambushed.

This is the first game that they hype is gone, the other team doesn't appear to be over hyped for the game either, & we can just really see what this football team is. I'm not sure we know yet

Agree. We will find out if this is a 7-5 or 10-2 team this Saturday night.

Gutter Cobreh
09-27-2017, 08:36 AM
I'll go with things I don't want to see and that's a replay of Pettway last year running for 3 TDs in the first half, trucking nearly everyone on our defense, and running for what seemed like a 1000 yards...

He didn't play against Mizzou, so he should be rested and healed up.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 08:42 AM
The biggest thing we've got to do in this game is come out & land a hay maker.

Against LSU, we sparred for the first quarter until we kind of figured it out.

Against UGA, we attempted to come out & spar but got hit with a hay maker.

In this game, we can't afford to come out conservative & just "see how it goes". We've to come out & land the first punch. Mullen has to try & put Auburn on their heels from the first possession. If we get behind early again, I'm afraid it could get ugly. We've got to attempt to play this game on our terms.

Kyper
09-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Some type of offense generated against the SEC's current top-rated D

Defensively have to find a way to get get some pressure. Stidham is getting better every week and pressure is the only way to force mistakes

GoDawgz
09-27-2017, 08:45 AM
I want to see the teams character show up! I mean this is the measuring stick for how the season will go. Big win vs LSU, butt whipping vs UGA. This game will define the character and resolve of this team. The team looked shell shocked at UGA, hopefully all of that is gone! Lets go boys, strap them on tight, this will be a slobber knocker!

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm curious if this Auburn basketball scandal dampens the atmosphere at Jordan Hare?

I realize Auburn fans don't care very much about basketball, but, at very least, this scandal has to be a huge distraction in the athletic department & on campus

BuckyIsAB****
09-27-2017, 10:17 AM
I want to see the effort and energy we played with vs LSU. We play like that and the rest will take care of itself

NCDawg
09-27-2017, 12:30 PM
The biggest thing we've got to do in this game is come out & land a hay maker.

Against LSU, we sparred for the first quarter until we kind of figured it out.

Against UGA, we attempted to come out & spar but got hit with a hay maker.

In this game, we can't afford to come out conservative & just "see how it goes". We've to come out & land the first punch. Mullen has to try & put Auburn on their heels from the first possession. If we get behind early again, I'm afraid it could get ugly. We've got to attempt to play this game on our terms.

I agree with this. We can't come out with no emotion or fire-otherwise we will see the same results we saw last week. We need to score first and put Auburn on their heels. On defense, we need to stop Pettway and Johnson, and put pressure on Stidham. If we give Stidham as much time as we gave Fromm, we're going to be in trouble.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-27-2017, 12:59 PM
A touchdown would be nice