PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Baseball Recruiting:

Jacksondevildog
09-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Since half of the Spirit board lurks on this board, The number two recruiting class that we just signed is currently enrolled and on campus. We are not going to lose any of these guys to major league baseball. Yancy is still saying that he is not a believer in our program and that Mississippi State has not passed Ole Miss by. He also said that Cohen would leave Kentucky in shambles and do the exact same thing to Mississippi State.

Todd4State
09-22-2013, 12:34 PM
That's really funny since Cohen has accomplished more the past three years than Bianco has his entire career at Ole Miss.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info, JDD...about what you would expect to hear coming from a school with no baseball tradition.

engie
09-22-2013, 12:57 PM
They are dominating us in recruiting... Our class was a sham... They've already cherrypicked the entire southeast in future classes...

All comes from someone shockingly connected to their team...

Jacksondevildog
09-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Next year will really tell a lot about their program and fan base. They are going to have a really tough year. They will not be horrible, but they will struggle to make Hoover.

engie
09-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Meh -- 12 of 14 make Hoover. I'd be shocked if they weren't there...

Todd4State
09-22-2013, 01:06 PM
They will make a regional, and I think they will continue to be solid. The question is if that is enough to save Bianco, and the answer is probably no.

Jacksondevildog
09-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Probably should have said struggle to make regional. Their RPI will be high because of conference, but they lost a lot of midweek games to inferior competition last year. That, to me, was very telling.

I believe we went undefeated in midweek last year.

MsStateBaseball
09-22-2013, 04:10 PM
I never worry about them. Never. Results matter. It baseball recruits want to go to a football and party school they can have it. We are headed for huge accomplishments so why worry.

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2013, 04:21 PM
They are just whistling past their own graveyard.

The reasonable bear fans know how far we are ahead of them in baseball.

messageboardsuperhero
09-22-2013, 06:25 PM
UM will be a decent, NCAA tourney type of team as long as Bianco is there. He is a solid coach, but Bianco really hasn't done anything in a few years (since '09 anyway). Combine that with our resurgence, and it's easy to see why they'd be growing restless with him.

Now, for Yancy to say that State is not ahead of UM in baseball at this point is comical at best. At worst, it's a whole other level of delusion that I don't think I've ever seen from anyone. In fairness to other UM fans, I haven't seen or heard any others try to say this, so it's probably just Yancy being Yancy.

AlSwearengen
09-22-2013, 08:38 PM
In all honesty, if you look at recruiting "rankings" recently, we haven't been ahead of olemiss. But, Cohen has gotten alot more out of his players than Bianco gets. The bad news for yancy is that beginning with this no. 2 ranked class and most likely for the near future, Cohen and co. have taken recruiting to a whole other level. If Cohen takes these young kids and can get them to perform at the same level as his last three teams (get the most out of their talent), we will be in omaha more often than not, with a chance to win it all.

Ronny
09-23-2013, 09:38 AM
bullshit on this:

Yancy is still saying that he is not a believer in our program and that Mississippi State has not passed Ole Miss by. He also said that Cohen would leave Kentucky in shambles and do the exact same thing to Mississippi State.

I realize Yancy is a propaganda whore for the University of Mississippi. And I can understand how he is still not a beliver in our program. (He gets paid to believe that).

But even considering all the aforementioned, I refuse to believe Yancy is enough of a dipshit to claim MSU baseball has not passed OM baseball.

That's a level of nonsense a sane grown man should not accommodate.