PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me who this stingray guy is?

99jc
09-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Moo u. Is he really a state fan where is he from? I suspect Alabama.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-26-2017, 05:00 PM
is this 2014?**

Dallas_Dawg
09-26-2017, 05:01 PM
He is actually a Bama graduate but a State fan. Go figure.

Maroonthirteen
09-26-2017, 05:23 PM
He is an alabama graduate with a sports communication degree. He has latched onto Mississippi State to display his shtick in hope of getting into sports radio. Alabama already has so many YouTube/twitter/Finbaum personalities, he had to latch on somewhere to gain an audience. We have fell for it hook line and sinker.

My crazy theory anyway.....

Offshore Dawg
09-26-2017, 05:30 PM
Diffidently has the face and body for radio.

GreenheadDawg
09-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Don't be a hater. Did he smash your girl or something?

State82
09-26-2017, 05:43 PM

Yeah, talk about a twist of fate.

craigmid
09-26-2017, 06:04 PM

And lives in Tuscaloosa.

MaroonFlounder
09-26-2017, 06:05 PM
Stingray's grandfather passed away the day of the LSU game. I'm not gonna pile on. He is what he is.

msbulldog
09-26-2017, 06:08 PM
Hey he's harmless, if they make fun of us because of that, I feel sorry for 'em! They don't know about our achievements and about our alumni and their achievements. Hartley and Melia Pevey, John Grisham, Dr. Clyde Q. Sheeley, John C Stennis, G.V. 'Sony' Montgomery, Richard Adkerson, Will Clark, Raphael Palmero, Del Unser, Fred Carl and so many others!
Don't let Stingray bother you, just be proud of your MSU heritage! Hail State!

msbulldog
09-26-2017, 06:21 PM
And you know, the more I think about, how pretty were any of you mucks when ya'll came to State as a freshman? I bet most of ya'll were skinny, pimply faced punks, who thought they were the studs of their pledge class (like I did). People are gonna make fun of us , we ring Cowbells, we are a cow college, but rivals make fun of all other colleges, it's part of the deal!
No sense in making fun of Stingray, we all have our weaknesses.

BeardoMSU
09-26-2017, 06:56 PM
We live in the age of internet personalities and Youtube stars.....whether that's good, or bad, I'm not sure....

was21
09-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Starkville QB Club or some club there had him there at a meeting with Andy Cannizaro last week. He is an Alabama plant and a total embarrassment and simply reinforces the false image that people have of State

Jack Lambert
09-26-2017, 07:43 PM
And you know, the more I think about, how pretty were any of you mucks when ya'll came to State as a freshman? I bet most of ya'll were skinny, pimply faced punks, who thought they were the studs of their pledge class (like I did). People are gonna make fun of us , we ring Cowbells, we are a cow college, but rivals make fun of all other colleges, it's part of the deal!
No sense in making fun of Stingray, we all have our weaknesses.

I was 6" 2" 220 pounds rock hard Marine Corp Veteran.

yjnkdawg
09-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Steven Ray's (Stingray) grandparents were friends with Rev. Sylvester Croom, Sr. When his son got the MSU HC coaching job, Stingray said he wanted to support him and hoped he did well at MSU. Stingray became to really like Starkvegas and MSU and had planned to enroll at MSU and major in Meterology at MSU, but a family illness changed his plans, and he enrolled at Bama. He lives in Tuscaloosa, and he was a Bama supporter prior to the coaching change at MSU. apparently. His grandparents were big Bama fans.

http://gridironnow.com/stingray-mississippi-state-super-fan/

JimmyMcNulty
09-26-2017, 07:48 PM
He doesn't bother me a bit and I've heard he is nice as can be. His love for Mississippi State appears to be genuine and despite some serious cyber bullying he continues to do his thing.

yjnkdawg
09-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Starkville QB Club or some club there had him there at a meeting with Andy Cannizaro last week. He is an Alabama plant and a total embarrassment and simply reinforces the false image that people have of State

Yeah, he is from Alabama, but I wouldn't call him an Alabama plant. So what do you want done about him being a supporter? It doesn't appear the MSU administration or athletic department see this as an issue.

yjnkdawg
09-26-2017, 07:57 PM
He doesn't bother me a bit and I've heard he is nice as can be. His love for Mississippi State appears to be genuine and despite some serious cyber bullying he continues to do his thing.

+1

yjnkdawg
09-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Moo u. Is he really a state fan where is he from? I suspect Alabama.

Yes he is an avid MSU supporter. Well you have one thing right. He is from Alabama.

fader2103
09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
i love watching stingray 's videos. I will take him any day over Phyllis or xenareb.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2017, 08:42 PM
i love watching stingray 's videos. I will take him any day over Phyllis or xenareb.

Stingray is True Maroon!!!

DownwardDawg
09-26-2017, 08:44 PM

Yes, he had some serious cyber bullying and actually called it quits. Some of the SEC media reached out to him and rallied support for him so he would do his thing again.

ScoobaDawg
09-26-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm not a fan of his rants. But he is super passionate about MSU. Love him or hate him. Don't question his loyalty.

I mean really why the hell would he choose to be a MSU fan over his alma mater of Bama other than true passion for MSU when he could be a Bama fan easily.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2017, 09:15 PM
Stingray is True Maroon!!!

The guy needs some kudos for not being brain washed like the other millions of band wagon fans.

Dawgbite
09-27-2017, 05:59 AM
He is also a season ticket holder, member of the Bulldog Club, and attends a lot of State sporting events which is more than I can say for a lot of you! I have met him a couple of times and he seems to be genuine and a generally nice guy. I wouldn't trade him for any of the other Finebaum regulars, think about it.

MagicDawg
09-27-2017, 10:48 AM
I met him. He was genuinely kind to me and my family. The guy loves State and if others are shallow enough to mock him (and the whole State fanbase) for his looks and his weight, well... bless their hearts. As if we needed any more evidence that certain other fan bases are superficial and insecure.