PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Discovery

TrapGame
09-25-2017, 12:29 PM
I watched the premiere episode last night. Incredibly dull and boring. I think it's very stupid on the writers part to create a series set ten years before the Kelvin timeline with the new Kirk that has tech more sophisticated than ST:TNG that was set 90 years later.

And I want the old Klingons back.

Tbonewannabe
09-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Thought about watching it since I like the chick from The Walking Dead but I am not paying for a streaming service just for that show. I don't give a shit if it is just $1 per month, not doing it. And it is $5.99, that shit is going to go down in flames. Not even counting that the show wasn't a big hit. Everything I have seen is pretty much 50% fresh type of rating which isn't great. Most people I have seen might give it another chance but they aren't paying to watch it.

WSOPdawg
10-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Thought about watching it since I like the chick from The Walking Dead but I am not paying for a streaming service just for that show. I don't give a shit if it is just $1 per month, not doing it. And it is $5.99, that shit is going to go down in flames. Not even counting that the show wasn't a big hit. Everything I have seen is pretty much 50% fresh type of rating which isn't great. Most people I have seen might give it another chance but they aren't paying to watch it.

Yup, that's the category I'm in. Not paying the $1 per month fee either. The premier on tv was ok but I'm just not into what Hollywood is preaching -- that I have to like strong women characters, which in this case the two strongest characters on the pilot were female. Until it hits netflix or regular television, I probably won't see another episode.

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2017, 10:28 AM
Yup, that's the category I'm in. Not paying the $1 per month fee either. The premier on tv was ok but I'm just not into what Hollywood is preaching -- that I have to like strong women characters, which in this case the two strongest characters on the pilot were female. Until it hits netflix or regular television, I probably won't see another episode.

I like strong women characters but it seems to be coming at the expense of male characters. One of the reasons I like Walking Dead is the character is a badass and they balance the show well. I liked her on the show but she was a badass shot, she wasn't fighting hand to hand with a guy that outweighed her by 100 lbs. Too many times they want to show this 110 lb female beating the shit out of a 220 lb guy.