PDA

View Full Version : Auburn -10

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2017, 04:51 PM
That seems like a large spread but the final score could be 14-3.

We better have a great week of practice and show up on the plains with a new recipe to score.

Trying to execute what we did last night again will have the exact same result.

thf24
09-24-2017, 05:09 PM
I know their d-line is legit but it's hard to believe that their defense will be as good as UGA's, and I'm still not convinced Stidham is anything special. The experts talking like abusing Missouri is evidence they've turned the corner is a bit of stretch. If we can use yesterday's embarrassment as motivation instead of bringing a repeat performance, I like our chances.

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 05:14 PM
I know their d-line is legit but it's hard to believe that their defense will be as good as UGA's, and I'm still not convinced Stidham is anything special. The experts talking like abusing Missouri is evidence they've turned the corner is a bit of stretch. If we can use yesterday's embarrassment as motivation instead of bringing a repeat performance, I like our chances.

You do realize don't you that they shut Clemson down pretty good ... while being on the field the majority of the game cause their O went nowhere.

Sorta hard to tell yet just how good Clemson's O is, but I'm willing to bet it's better than ours is. And we're at Auburn.

Todd4State
09-24-2017, 05:16 PM

I agree but as of now Auburn's defense is slightly statistically better than Georgia's defense. I don't think that means that we will be held to three points because of the intangibles coming into this game versus Georgia but we'll see how it goes. Dan typically does pretty decently against Auburn.

msstate7
09-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Auburn offense is a question mark imo. They've faced #120 and #123 nationally in scoring defense; auburn is 66th in scoring offense.

We can't give up an easy TD early again though and expect to win

klong-dog
09-24-2017, 05:21 PM
They got Kerryon Johnson back yesterday. He had 5 tds and there was still 10 mins left in the 1st half.

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Auburn offense is a question mark imo. They've faced #120 and #123 nationally in scoring defense; auburn is 66th in scoring offense.

We can't give up an easy TD early again though and expect to win

I was leaning our way because of what I thought was a superior offense for us with the D's being more closely matched. Not sure now. We got whupped on D last night too.

Also hope Stidham's confidence didn't elevate too much after last night's game. I'm hopeful he'll be tentative against us.

msstate7
09-24-2017, 05:26 PM
They got Kerryon Johnson back yesterday. He had 5 tds and there was still 10 mins left in the 1st half.

Auburn was impressive last night no doubt, but I remember Missouri state hanging 43 on Missouri. Missouri didn't report to fall practice from their safe spaces.

msstate7
09-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Auburn 24-20

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Auburn 24-20

Not again!! Another 2 minute drive to win game?

RocketDawg
09-24-2017, 05:28 PM
I hope the spread gets bigger. When it's tight apparently we start thinking we're better than we are. ** (sort of)

msstate7
09-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Not again!! Another 2 minute drive to win game?

I think auburn start to finish lead, but contested game

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 05:31 PM

That's better. I don't want our D to make Stidham look like Joe Montana ... like they did with Marshall in '13.

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 05:49 PM

Mercer played them close at home. Regardless of what Dan said last night about not executing, we played like shit and UGA absolutely played their best game of the year. I’m not really predicting a score this week b/c I really don’t know what to expect. I doubt we play that poorly two weeks in a row. But who knows?

klong-dog
09-24-2017, 05:51 PM
30-17 AU

Really Clark?
09-24-2017, 05:55 PM
You do realize don't you that they shut Clemson down pretty good ... while being on the field the majority of the game cause their O went nowhere.

Sorta hard to tell yet just how good Clemson's O is, but I'm willing to bet it's better than ours is. And we're at Auburn.

Boston College held Clemson to just 7 points until late yesterday also. That was a tie game in the fourth and BC defense is not that great. Clemson offensively is not close to the machine of the last few years.

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 05:58 PM

That was also the Clemson QB’s second start and first time starting against a good defense. I think they played that game fairly conservative. Clemson’s D also had 11 sacks on Auburn’s OL.

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Auburn was impressive last night no doubt, but I remember Missouri state hanging 43 on Missouri. Missouri didn't report to fall practice from their safe spaces.

Purdue’s 34-3 win was more impressive IMO. Missouri has given up. They didn’t against Purdue.

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Boston College held Clemson to just 7 points until late yesterday also. That was a tie game in the fourth and BC defense is not that great. Clemson offensively is not close to the machine of the last few years.

Purdue’s 34-3 win was more impressive IMO. Missouri has given up. They didn’t against Purdue.

I don't know how good they are. But I also don't know how good we are. I haven't sat down to really watch AU. I'm back to somewhat hopeful state.

RocketDawg
09-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Mercer played them close at home. Regardless of what Dan said last night about not executing, we played like shit and UGA absolutely played their best game of the year. I’m not really predicting a score this week b/c I really don’t know what to expect. I doubt we play that poorly two weeks in a row. But who knows?

Auburn's kinda like we are (and Tennessee and just about everybody else) ... when somebody like Mercer comes to town, we as fans and the team doesn't really care about the game. And sometimes it almost jumps up and bites you like we did with USA last year and Tennessee did yesterday. I really wish we'd stop scheduling Massachusettes, Mercer, Appalacian State, and the like. Might be good as a first game of the year warmup but that's about it.

MagicDawg
09-24-2017, 06:20 PM
I am certainly not preemptively accepting a loss against Auburn. I think we could win it with some luck. But if we lose, I still won't consider it a death blow to the season. In my view, a very telling moment for the rest of the season will be the first offensive series against BYU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LstIgtkEe50

Kyper
09-24-2017, 06:43 PM
Samfcord scored 14 on Georgia and we only scored 3. Does that mean Samford is better than us? You cant really compare scores for teams.

Auburn is better than we are and at home. They are very good defensively and getting better on O now that Johnson is back. If we keep it within 10 we will have played well. From there though, we could be on our way to a 7-2 record when we face Bama.

Joe Schmedlap
09-24-2017, 06:44 PM
31-17 AU, so the line seems about right to me.

Bothrops
09-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Auburn 20-17.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2017, 07:07 PM

Every game is different with different set of circumstances.

Pollodawg
09-24-2017, 07:20 PM
I am certainly not preemptively accepting a loss against Auburn. I think we could win it with some luck. But if we lose, I still won't consider it a death blow to the season. In my view, a very telling moment for the rest of the season will be the first offensive series against BYU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LstIgtkEe50

BYU won't tell us anything about this season. They are dog crap. The opening play against AU will tell way more than that game will.

yjnkdawg
09-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Point spreads are set for betting purposes. They are not to predict how much a team will win or lose by. Vegas wants the spread to be where it will be attractive to fans of both schools to bet. That is why the spread usually changes. In other words Vegas wants to set up the point spread where more fans on both sides will bet and what is believed to be the most advantageous to the Betting Companies.

Yeah, I agree. We need to have a great practice, be focused and ready to hit the field with a positive aggressive mindset that we are going to win mentality. Dan also needs to have a good game plan and not one like the one in the GA game where it appeared we were playing to try to keep from losing. That may have not been the case, but it sure seemed like it.

TUSK
09-24-2017, 07:45 PM
I'ts still a young season, but from what I've seen, AU's DL is a little better than UGA and a good bit better than LSU...

I see some similarities in AU & MSU.

If MSU coaching can overcome the disparity in talent, y'all can clip em.... Gus is gonna run it... a bunch.

I think the line is that low bc it'll prolly be a low scoring game... Haven't seen the O/U, yet...

Dawgology
09-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Final score will probably be 24-10 auburn

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2017, 08:04 PM

Against a team that allowed 40 to missouri state. pump the brakes

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Every game is different with different set of circumstances.

True and true Jack.

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Against a team that allowed 40 to missouri state. pump the brakes

We are. Pumping the brakes on us being as good as Missouri State that is ****** That would be just a half a notch below Bama *****

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 08:14 PM
I'ts still a young season, but from what I've seen, AU's DL is a little better than UGA and a good bit better than LSU...

If MSU coaching can overcome the disparity in talent, y'all can clip em.... Gus is gonna run it... a bunch.

I think the line is that low bc it'll prolly be a low scoring game... Haven't seen the O/U, yet...

I haven't watched AU much. What similarities do you see?

I need an objective view that is probably pretty accurate.

bulldawg28
09-24-2017, 08:15 PM

Georgia has more defensive team speed than AU. AU may have a better overall DL but Fitz may have better running opportunities against them. He couldn't get away from Georgia.

TUSK
09-24-2017, 08:22 PM
I haven't watched AU much. What similarities do you see?

I need an objective view that is probably pretty accurate.

Similarities:
1) Good to Great DLs
2) Questionable QBs and OL
3) Less than stellar WRs and DBs
4) Really good Kicking Games
5) The need to establish the run

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Similarities:
1) Good to Great DLs

Well ... that sums us up pretty well. We'll see who's hurting the most in those areas Saturday night.

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Similarities:
1) Good to Great DLs

Fitz is better than anyone auburn has at QB not sure how he is questionable. The rest im good with

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Fitz is better than anyone auburn has at QB not sure how he is questionable. The rest im good with

I've been and still am a Fitz fan. However, he struggles some finding his secondary receivers after the snap. He can sho run tho.

TUSK
09-24-2017, 08:42 PM

His accuracy isn't the greatest. AU will dare Fitz to beat em throwing the ball... If he can't get to the edge, he may never see the 2nd level rushing.

edit: Stidham's talent is being misused by GUS, while Fitz's talent is being maximized by YDL...

MagicDawg
09-24-2017, 08:59 PM
BYU won't tell us anything about this season. They are dog crap. The opening play against AU will tell way more than that game will.

I see your point and am certainly not arguing BYU is a threat. And I agree that the opening drive at AU is meaningful. I'm saying if we lose to AU - especially if it's bad - then I sure hope I see a confident attitude against BYU (and KY) to show that the Dogs were able to shake it off and move on. I really, really hope I don't see a flat start against BYU. That's what I'm getting at.

biggun
09-24-2017, 09:15 PM
I agree but as of now Auburn's defense is slightly statistically better than Georgia's defense. I don't think that means that we will be held to three points because of the intangibles coming into this game versus Georgia but we'll see how it goes. Dan typically does pretty decently against Auburn.

Down 35-0 to Auburn at half at home just last year. Can't remember the final, 45-7 I think

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Down 35-0 to Auburn at half at home just last year. Can't remember the final, 45-7 I think

The final last year was 35-14 but if you’re going by last year we were down 23-3 at halftime to LSU. It will come down to this IMO. Will A) Fitz learn from his mistakes at GA on Saturday?, B) will Dan panic and give up on the run game too quickly like he did yesterday?, C) was it just a really terrible game by our guys coupled with a great game by GA?, D) knowing the Auburn game means more and we match up better with Auburn did we just say **** it and prepare more for Auburn then Georgia? The last point wouldn’t surprise me. If we win on Saturday, will our fans shut the **** up? Now that’s the 64k question.

Pollodawg
09-24-2017, 09:40 PM
I see your point and am certainly not arguing BYU is a threat. And I agree that the opening drive at AU is meaningful. I'm saying if we lose to AU - especially if it's bad - then I sure hope I see a confident attitude against BYU (and KY) to show that the Dogs were able to shake it off and move on. I really, really hope I don't see a flat start against BYU. That's what I'm getting at.

Point taken.

Hotdawg66
09-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Keys to the game 1) will the O-line open up holes for the run game against a good Auburn front, have to to allow play action in the passing game. 2) Can the WRs get separation from Auburns DBs and can they win a 50-50 ball for a change. 3) Fitz has to slow down his progressions. He checks down too quickly or forces balls after getting popped a few times. 4) defense has to stuff the run 5) need pressure on QB and a pick or 2 by the secondary