PDA

View Full Version : I heard something interesting involving the upcoming Ole Miss sanctions

Kyper
09-24-2017, 01:11 PM
The COI won't deliver the penalties until after the Egg Bowl in an attempt to limit potential violence situations in the rivalry. I kind of see that position by them, but if they went ahead and announced the penalties, no OM people would attend the Egg Bowl. Once the penalties are handed down, 99%of OM fans won't care anymore about football. What you guys think?

Todd4State
09-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Well, with it being in Starkville we should outnumber them about 8 to 1 anyway. I also think that by the time the Egg Bowl rolls around not very many of their fans are going to show up anyway if their season goes like I think it will. They don't show up if they suck.

I like it if they announce the penalties after the Egg Bowl because if by chance we get upset- that will slow their roll down. If we win which I think we probably will- then it rubs salt in the wound. It also leaves them in flux as far as the early recruiting period and would delay any inevitable coaching search that they will have- all of which would hurt them.

yjnkdawg
09-24-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty certain that OM is challenging this and if this is not the normal NCAA timeline, then the sanctions may be issued prior to the Egg Bowl. I even had an OM supporter tell me that OM may be a no show for the Egg Bowl. Now wouldn't that be interesting if that should become a reality?

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Finebaum started the rumor Friday in an interview with Bob Ley. That tells me all I need to know about it.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2017, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty certain that OM is challenging this and if this is not the normal NCAA timeline, then the sanctions may be issued prior to the Egg Bowl. I even had an OM supporter tell me that OM may be a no show for the Egg Bowl. Now wouldn't that be interesting if that should become a reality?
Your Ole Miss supporter is an idiot. Just not showing up for a game might just get them kicked out of not only the SEC but the NCAA. It would also violate several contracts. The only way that happens is if the NCAA cancels the game.

whosyourdawgy
09-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Haha. Let Ole Miss just not show up and see what the SEC does to them for that. Them not coming to the game will never happen and you need to tell your friend he is a freaking idiot if he believes that

Virgil Caine
09-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Finebaum started the rumor Friday in an interview with Bob Ley. That tells me all I need to know about it.
What did Bob Ley have to say about that? I missed the interview.

yjnkdawg
09-24-2017, 02:11 PM
Your Ole Miss supporter is an idiot. Just not showing up for a game might just get them kicked out of not only the SEC but the NCAA. It would also violate several contracts. The only way that happens is if the NCAA cancels the game.

I think it was more of a we are self imposing a bowl ban this year and the MSU/OM game is the Egg Bowl, Stranger things have happened. Yeah, I would agree with you.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-24-2017, 02:15 PM
I think the COI could care less when Egg Bowl is...

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2017, 02:19 PM
What did Bob Ley have to say about that? I missed the interview.

Ley questioned it. But Finebaum said "I'm just letting you know what I'm hearing"

RocketDawg
09-24-2017, 02:19 PM

They seem to like law suits ... we could sue them for cost of hotel, cost of tickets, cost of travel, and mental anguish. **

StatesboroBlues
09-24-2017, 02:41 PM
I think it was more of a we are self imposing a bowl ban this year and the MSU/OM game is the Egg Bowl, Stranger things have happened. Yeah, I would agree with you.

What "stranger things have happened"?

TrapGame
09-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Ley questioned it. But Finebaum said "I'm just letting you know what I'm hearing"

And with those ears Paul hears a lot.*

yjnkdawg
09-24-2017, 03:09 PM
What "stranger things have happened"?

"Stranger things have happened" is just a saying when you think something couldn't have happened but it did. I should have just left that wording off. My bad. That comment about the no show may have just been a smart a..... comment. I thought it was funny when I heard it. As was said earlier there is no way, even if they wanted to do a no show, with contracts, obligations, etc.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-24-2017, 03:55 PM
The Bob Ley/Finebaum interview was stupid on all accounts. Ley mentioned that it was a strange situation because Leo Lewis "was a transfer from OM to MSU and then turned on his old team", in which Finebaum didn't even acknowledge that it was incorrect. Finebaum just repeating what he had heard. I saw it written someplace about being held until after Egg Bowl because of safety to fans, etc. Finebaum just got it from hearing it from someplace else.

Todd4State
09-24-2017, 04:31 PM

No way that happens. The only time I ever even heard of that ever being a possibility was one year when Grambling was having some major internal problems and the team was protesting. I can't remember the end result of that, but I think they played.

Not showing up at all would be incredibly embarrassing for Ole Miss- among no telling what kind of penalties there would be for not showing up. They would have to forfeit the Egg Bowl and I can't imagine ESPN being happy about them having to show the MSU spring game Thanksgiving edition. It would probably cost them at least a million dollars in penalties and be another huge black eye for their program.

Mimi's Babies
09-24-2017, 05:02 PM
The sanctions will be released and then om can file an appeal. Won't do them any good.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-24-2017, 05:26 PM
I think the COI could care less when Egg Bowl is...

*Couldn't*

shannondawg
09-24-2017, 06:14 PM
From the last time they played at Davis Wade, there were very few fans scattered around the stadium except in the visitors section, I think its something just brought up to get attention.

msbulldog
09-25-2017, 06:59 AM
They seem to like law suits ... we could sue them for cost of hotel, cost of tickets, cost of travel, and mental anguish. **

There are already serious financial penalties built into the contracts. For example Tulane had to pay us $350,000.00 when they canceled their game with us.

msbulldog
09-25-2017, 07:10 AM
No way that happens. The only time I ever even heard of that ever being a possibility was one year when Grambling was having some major internal problems and the team was protesting. I can't remember the end result of that, but I think they played.

Not showing up at all would be incredibly embarrassing for Ole Miss- among no telling what kind of penalties there would be for not showing up. They would have to forfeit the Egg Bowl and I can't imagine ESPN being happy about them having to show the MSU spring game Thanksgiving edition. It would probably cost them at least a million dollars in penalties and be another huge black eye for their program.

That was Grambling/Jackson State about 3 years ago. They did not play that game, the Grambling players did not show up at the team bus to travel to the game, so Grambling forfeited. The players were protesting the conditions of their facilities. Grambling had to pay JSU a chunk of money and got in troble with the SWAC.

Brahmabull
09-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Well, It wouldn't make since for the COI to issue the Death Penalty prior to the egg bowl and then still expect OM to play the game*****

Mimi's Babies
09-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Well, It wouldn't make since for the COI to issue the Death Penalty prior to the egg bowl and then still expect OM to play the game*****

Interesting thought for sure.....

RocketDawg
09-25-2017, 04:01 PM
There are already serious financial penalties built into the contracts. For example Tulane had to pay us $350,000.00 when they canceled their game with us.

I meant individuals, not the school. Of course, I was being facetious.

RocketDawg
09-25-2017, 04:02 PM

Nor would it make sense .... **

RocketDawg
09-25-2017, 04:03 PM
That was Grambling/Jackson State about 3 years ago. They did not play that game, the Grambling players did not show up at the team bus to travel to the game, so Grambling forfeited. The players were protesting the conditions of their facilities. Grambling had to pay JSU a chunk of money and got in troble with the SWAC.

Didn't that almost happen to Missouri a couple years ago when the team was all up in arms?

Hail State
09-26-2017, 12:16 AM
The COI won't deliver the penalties until after the Egg Bowl in an attempt to limit potential violence situations in the rivalry. I kind of see that position by them, but if they went ahead and announced the penalties, no OM people would attend the Egg Bowl. Once the penalties are handed down, 99%of OM fans won't care anymore about football. What you guys think?

Pretty sure they were referring to players fighting each other. There's virtually no threat of violence from Ole Miss fans in Starkville since they usually bring about 500 over and there's not one man in the whole pussie lot of them.

Dawg61
09-26-2017, 12:21 AM
OM supporter tell me that OM may be a no show for the Egg Bowl.

He was talking about their defense and he is correct

Mimi's Babies
09-26-2017, 05:42 AM
MSU needs to take the ESPN money and run after the egg bowl. We need that money and OM will not get their share. Due to the sanctions.

Maroons
09-26-2017, 02:08 PM
MSU needs to take the ESPN money and run after the egg bowl. We need that money and OM will not get there share. Due to the sanctions.

Huh?

Mimi's Babies
09-26-2017, 02:25 PM
Huh?

OM will not receive any money made off any games -- due to the sanctions.. Those sanctions will/should be back dated to the beginning of the investigation. All of the money from the Sugar Bowl will have to be returned also... nearly 8M.

Should OM, as rumored, decide not to show up for the Egg Bowl... Now that would be interesting for sure....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-26-2017, 02:55 PM
MSU needs to take the ESPN money and run after the egg bowl. We need that money and OM will not get there share. Due to the sanctions.

their*

StatesboroBlues
09-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Didn't see this posted...Pat Forde said right after the COI meeting that it would be after the Egg Bowl. May of tweeted it for all I know..

somebodyshotmypaw
09-26-2017, 08:38 PM
I understand the thought process of the NCAA releasing after the Egg Bowl. It makes sense to me. However another school of thought is that the NCAA might announce as quickly as possible (maybe late October). This would give 4-5 weeks for things to settle down before the Egg Bowl. This would give Ole Miss clarity for their coaching search. This would be more fair to recruits with a December 20 signing date. It gives recruits more time to understand the sanctions and consider them when selecting a school. I would hate to be an Ole Miss verbal commit who finds out on December 1 that the sanctions will be much worse than anticipated. Then I only have three weeks to find another school. Unless I wait until February.

Also, if you are going to allow open transfer, I think the announcement needs to come sooner. Existing players need time to consider their transfer options. In my opinion, if the NCAA is looking out for the high school recruits, and also for the existing players, the announcement needs to come as soon as possible.

Political Hack
09-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Any delay in announcing the sanctions would be because they're going to be too staggering and crippling to announce during the season. That's a very, very bad sign for Ole Miss.

Dallas_Dawg
09-26-2017, 10:53 PM
Any delay in announcing the sanctions would be because they're going to be too staggering and crippling to announce during the season. That's a very, very bad sign for Ole Miss.

Like I have said before, I worry about our players' safety. I can see them taking cheap shots. I have heard some of their trashy ass fans allude to this saying that Leo and Kobe were "marked men"

Spiderman
09-27-2017, 08:07 AM
AGAIN, I want the sanctions released before the Egg Bowl. It will be a blow to that teams morale, and won't help their coaching search one bit.

Ole Miss will get the same coach they are gonna get whether the sanctions are announced in Early Nov. or Early Dec.

The candidate pool is set to begin with, and it's not that big.