PDA

View Full Version : R E L A X ......

TUSK
09-24-2017, 12:57 AM
the final score wasn't as indicative as most imagine....

UGA was more physical, more talented, and a bit deeper...

Yall are still playing with house money....

Commercecomet24
09-24-2017, 01:00 AM
Ah the ole Aaron Rodgers philosophy. You're right though. It's gonna be a good season with more to look forward too.

Todd4State
09-24-2017, 01:02 AM
I'll tell you what sucks for me is we don't get to play them again for another six years or so because of the stupid SEC schedule rotation. I'd like a chance at payback right now.

TUSK
09-24-2017, 01:10 AM
Ah the ole Aaron Rodgers philosophy. You're right though. It's gonna be a good season with more to look forward too.

yup, MSU is still better than Arkie, A&M and OM... whack UK and 8-4 is all but guaranteed...

mstatefan91
09-24-2017, 01:11 AM
We may still very well be the 2nd best team in the West (oh how the mighty have fallen), but that doesn't change the fact that we are not the 2nd best in the conference.

Would it have been closer in Davis Wade? Oh definitely but UGA would have still won based on how they played tonight. Physical, fast and well coached. We looked outmatched and overwhelmed. The 3 and out set the tone. The flee-flicker called our number, and we crumbled like a house of cards will.

Fix it. Move forward and beat auburn. Increase emphasis in key recruiting areas, namely receiver and offensive line. Looking at you Mullen and Hevesy. Fix it

TUSK
09-24-2017, 01:11 AM
I'll tell you what sucks for me is we don't get to play them again for another six years or so because of the stupid SEC schedule rotation. I'd like a chance at payback right now.

No,,,, you don't.

No offense intended.

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 01:15 AM
Yeah, we got UGAs best shot and they were up for that game. They even had to use a trick play for one of their touchdowns. I think they might have put the emphasis on the wrong game though. I’ll call it. Tennessee beats them next week because it’s hard for teams to stay up every week. After a very emotional game we played last week, we had a let down this week. Next week will be UGA’s turn.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2017, 01:16 AM
yup, MSU is still better than Arkie, A&M and OM... whack UK and 8-4 is all but guaranteed...

The only ones left I'm concerned about are yall and auburn. We win the rest. If we could somehow take auburn 10-2. I say 9-3, 8-4 at worst.

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 01:17 AM
We may still very well be the 2nd best team in the West (oh how the mighty have fallen), but that doesn't change the fact that we are not the 2nd best in the conference.

Would it have been closer in Davis Wade? Oh definitely but UGA would have still won based on how they played tonight. Physical, fast and well coached. We looked outmatched and overwhelmed. The 3 and out set the tone. The flee-flicker called our number, and we crumbled like a house of cards will.

Fix it. Move forward and beat auburn. Increase emphasis in key recruiting areas, namely receiver and offensive line. Looking at you Mullen and Hevesy. Fix it

Nope. At DWS they get called for holding sorry and that is a much different game. It would have been a very low scoring game as well with us having a chance to win. On the road and their OL getting away with holding every play equals blow out.

mstatefan91
09-24-2017, 01:21 AM
Nope. At DWS they get called for holding sorry and that is a much different game. It would have been a very low scoring game as well with us having a chance to win. On the road and their OL getting away with holding every play equals blow out.

I saw a team that whipped us in the trenches. Refs didn't call much either way as far as I can remember.

MarketingBully
09-24-2017, 01:25 AM
I saw a team that whipped us in the trenches. Refs didn't call much either way as far as I can remember.

I saw Georgia’s OL cheat to overcome their deficiencies and whip us by tackling our guys, chop blocking our guys, ripping at our jerseys and doing whatever it took to keep our DL at bay. Shit, 77 and 65 held the entire game. Their OL is not that good but if they are allowed to do what they did tonight UGA won’t lose a game. They won’t be able to do that next week against TN and that is why I think TN beats them.

mstatefan91
09-24-2017, 01:32 AM
I saw Georgia’s OL cheat to overcome their deficiencies and whip us by tackling our guys, chop blocking our guys, ripping at our jerseys and doing whatever it took to keep our DL at bay. Shit, 77 and 65 held the entire game. Their OL is not that good but if they are allowed to do what they did tonight UGA won’t lose a game. They won’t be able to do that next week against TN and that is why I think TN beats them.
I will respect your opinion of what happened but will tell you this. Nobody appreciates a sore loser. Have a good night and hopefully our program moves forward to a win next week.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-24-2017, 07:10 AM
UGA's OL and DL whipped ours... our #1 WR would be their 3rd or 4th...their offensive coordinator and Defensive coordinator had a heck of a game plan, ours were lost.

Bucky Dog
09-24-2017, 07:28 AM
The only ones left I'm concerned about are yall and auburn. We win the rest. If we could somehow take auburn 10-2. I say 9-3, 8-4 at worst.

I said last night based on talent and schedule, we lost at Auburn and to Bama and win the rest. I will take 9-3. 8-4 with a loss at either TAM or Ark. I would still be fine with that based on 2017 expectations.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-24-2017, 08:33 AM
T-Shirt idea... knock off of 1984 Frankie goes to Hollywood "Frankie says Relax" TShirt , print a Maroon and White one with "Dan says Relax" and the Famous Maroon Band could play "Relax, don't do it" pregame. Would be awesome.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2017, 10:04 AM

I was thinking the opposite. At least we don't play them so I do not have to watch that again for 7 more years.

msbulldog
09-24-2017, 10:32 AM

We play them next year in Starkville unless I am mistaken. If that's not right somebody explain that.

msstate7
09-24-2017, 10:39 AM
We play them next year in Starkville unless I am mistaken. If that's not right somebody explain that.

Nope. Florida in Starkville next season. I'll gladly make that trade

dawgday166
09-24-2017, 11:17 AM

Since we're beating Bama next year ***** (according to some on this board ... in TTown no less), we won't see UGA till SEC Champ game *****

BulldogDX55
09-24-2017, 11:28 AM

If we win out (Yeah, I know), we can do it in Atlanta.

Bothrops
09-24-2017, 12:01 PM
14 years I think before we go back to Athens. Football, as we know it, may not exist by then. So I guess Georgia comes to Starkville in 2024? Wish we played them next year in Starkville. We need to avenge last night's castration.

Dental Dawg33
09-24-2017, 12:35 PM

I saw the same. We were dominated on both sides of the ball. If Fitz can't run, he can't beat you with his arm. Not this year. I tend to be overly optimistic but last night showed me that we will likely lose to both Bama and Auburn. Their defensive fronts are too good and will likely contain fitz like Georgia did. I would love to be dead wrong, like I was last night against Georgia. But hell, we have more than a good chance to be an 8-9 win team this year. Keep that head up and Hail State

Corn Bread
09-24-2017, 09:24 PM
the final score wasn't as indicative as most imagine....

UGA was more physical, more talented, and a bit deeper...

Yall are still playing with house money....

Agree house money. That ass whipped has to humble all of us.