PDA

View Full Version : Brian Johnson... How much is he missed at this point.

Coach007
09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Fitz needed the mechanics coaching from him.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-23-2017, 10:03 PM

WTF!?!? You were full on sunshine pumping 12 hours ago. How about you STFU and let adults post for a while?

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2017, 10:05 PM
none

Fitz is not the problem

Coach007
09-23-2017, 10:11 PM
WTF!?!? You were full on sunshine pumping 12 hours ago. How about you STFU and let adults post for a while?

Yeah, I don't think I will allow you to shut me up.

Fitz needs to be better in his passing mechanics.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2017, 10:19 PM

Mullen is the QB coach. He's not missed other than he is a nice guy. We got another nice guy and good coach.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2017, 10:20 PM

He will get better.

Bdawg
09-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Not denying he needs more work,but not the major issue at hand. We got smoked in the trenches. Fitz had weak protection tonight. We have no big bodies receivers to win 1 on1s.

Homedawg
09-23-2017, 10:24 PM
none

Fitz is not the problem

I won't throw any one person or group under the bus. However, he certainly has his limitations. That's not hard to see

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Tonight was about UGA's OL holding up without having to use it's LB in pass rush.

There was no where to run or go.

Coach007
09-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Not denying he needs more work,but not the major issue at hand. We got smoked in the trenches. Fitz had weak protection tonight. We have no big bodies receivers to win 1 on1s.

I'm not looking at it from a stand point of anything other than his actual mechanics. His percentage aside.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2017, 10:28 PM

Mullen is the real QB coach , no matter who has the title. Fitz is a great runner, as a passer he has a long way to go. That is NOT a knock on his coaching. It's just a statement on where he was, is, and will eventually get to.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-23-2017, 10:29 PM
I'm not looking at it from a stand point of anything other than his actual mechanics. His percentage aside.

Yea old ass man, just look at that. Forget having nobodies up front blocking for Fitz.

Bdawg
09-23-2017, 10:32 PM

Well to put it like that, he needs more work. I think we have the coaches that can handle that though

chef dixon
09-23-2017, 10:34 PM
He will get better.

He's been here 4 springs. This excuse is getting old.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-23-2017, 10:37 PM

Yea, I didn't think I would shut you up, old ass man. I just hope your incompetence or stupidity ultimately does.

Coach007
09-23-2017, 10:38 PM
Yea old ass man, just look at that. Forget having nobodies up front blocking for Fitz.

Lol... wow!

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2017, 10:40 PM

Why is your user name that of a Rebel? Just wondering?

ScoobaDawg
09-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Mullen is the real QB coach , no matter who has the title. Fitz is a great runner, as a passer he has a long way to go. That is NOT a knock on his coaching. It's just a statement on where he was, is, and will eventually get to.

We will have to see. rememeber where he started at. Yes he has made big strides from where he started. but you can't put the ball in a general area and let our WR's make a play vs great defenses like we shall tonight. they have to be on the spot.

Meanwhile.. we make a FR qb tonight look like the best thing ever.

Coach007
09-23-2017, 10:44 PM

Remember what Johnson did for Dak....

chef dixon
09-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Why is your user name that of a Rebel? Just wondering?

It's not. Fact of the matter is the offensive line gave fitz a reasonable amount of time tonight. He was really bad in his progressions. We can't expect to run the ball down the throat of everyone on our schedule. It's not realistic. The blueprint is there, all you need are the athletes to stop our run game and we are done.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2017, 10:50 PM

What excuse? Dak got better every year. So will Fitz. Relf couldn't pass worth a crap and he got better. I dint say anything other than the obvious. He has gotten much better since he's been here and he will get even better.
Fitz, with his limitations, was not the issue tonight. We got manhandled in the trenches and our receivers......well.

sandwolf
09-23-2017, 11:05 PM
This is easily one of the more retarded topics of discussion that I've seen on this board. Anyone that thinks Brian Johnson is responsible for any of our past QB's development needs to just stop posting.

Hotdawg66
09-24-2017, 01:35 AM
The OL sucked tonight and our WRs can't create separation. Mechanics and progressions don't mean crap when even the check down guy couldn't get open half the time. UGA flat whipped our behinds.

Todd4State
09-24-2017, 02:28 AM
This is easily one of the more retarded topics of discussion that I've seen on this board. Anyone that thinks Brian Johnson is responsible for any of our past QB's development needs to just stop posting.

Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, and other QB's that DAN developed agree with this.

Todd4State
09-24-2017, 02:31 AM
What excuse? Dak got better every year. So will Fitz. Relf couldn't pass worth a crap and he got better. I dint say anything other than the obvious. He has gotten much better since he's been here and he will get even better.
Fitz, with his limitations, was not the issue tonight. We got manhandled in the trenches and our receivers......well.

Fitz's "issue" if he has one is he has no weapons to throw to on the outside. He's actually a very good QB- and he kept is in several games last year that could have been much worse had he not rallied us and used his legs to score TD's. His o-line isn't exactly all world either. At least he has the A-Train instead of Holloway up the middle this year.

Bdawg
09-24-2017, 08:37 AM
We will have to see. rememeber where he started at. Yes he has made big strides from where he started. but you can't put the ball in a general area and let our WR's make a play vs great defenses like we shall tonight. they have to be on the spot.

Meanwhile.. we make a FR qb tonight look like the best thing ever.

I think that all started from up front. We put absolutely no pressure on the QB and our DBs proved to be sub par again. That means their QB looks great. On the other hand, we were just the opposite. Fitz under pressure and our recievers aren't good enough to get separation or big enough to win 1on1 in tight coverage. All this means our QB looks bad.
Thought Fitz made a few bad throws but also made some good ones where our receivers should have made the play.

Edit: Dan could get a little more innovative with his calls when we are struggling too

CadaverDawg
09-24-2017, 08:39 AM
None.

Bdawg
09-24-2017, 08:41 AM

Spot on imo. Get manhandled in the trenches(on both sides) and you lose. We're not built to sit in shotgun and pass the ball around. If we can't run the ball, it makes for a long game.

Cooterpoot
09-24-2017, 08:42 AM
The problem is Hev and Gonzo have sucked ass recruiting. Nobody can get open downfield. Plus, it's hard to play back to back big emotional games in the SEC.