PDA

View Full Version : MSU football and basic game theory

BoomBoom
09-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Let me explain this as simply as possible. There is no sceanrio where this team will win a game they would have otherwise lost by throwing the football more. Howvwer, there are many, many ways we can lose a game we would have won by throwing the football more. If this team can't run the ball, we lose. Period. Run the ****** football, then run it some more.

smootness
09-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Yep, and UGA's run defense is incredibly good. It was my one big concern coming in, and it's been the whole story.

HoopsDawg
09-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Let me explain this as simply as possible. There is no sceanrio where this team will win a game they would have otherwise lost by throwing the football more. Howvwer, there are many, many ways we can lose a game we would have won by throwing the football more. If this team can't run the ball, we lose. Period. Run the ****** football, then run it some more.

It's too hard to run the ball when you are playing a defense like UGA's or Bama's or maybe even AU's when they have zero respect for your receivers.

BoomBoom
09-23-2017, 08:38 PM
It's too hard to run the ball when you are playing a defense like UGA's or Bama's or maybe even AU's when they have zero respect for your receivers.

It is hard as shit. Doesnt change anything though. If we cant run it, we lose. And we have run well enough against UGA. When we ran on 1st and 2nd, it was usually 3rd and 3.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2017, 09:07 PM
It is hard as shit. Doesnt change anything though. If we cant run it, we lose. And we have run well enough against UGA. When we ran on 1st and 2nd, it was usually 3rd and 3.

Good point and you're probably right. We ran into a buzzsaw tonight though. We werent winning this one