PDA

View Full Version : RE: ROKU + CBS

TUSK
09-23-2017, 01:14 PM
I have (an older) Roku thingy... can anyone give me a detailed, USMC-proof explanation of how to get the Bammer/Vandy 2:30 Game on CBS?

I've got the "CBS Sports" channel added but am at an impasse... don't see it listed...

WARNING: I am supremely ignorant (at times) with this shit... it'll prolly take some "hand holding"...

Thanks.

RocketDawg
09-23-2017, 01:17 PM
It'll be on your normal CBS broadcast station, wherever you get that from. B'ham or maybe Columbus, MS?

TUSK
09-23-2017, 01:32 PM
It'll be on your normal CBS broadcast station, wherever you get that from. B'ham or maybe Columbus, MS?

I'm really close to Columbus... but my ANT isn't working like it usually does... I dunno what's up with that... I suck.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm really close to Columbus... but my ANT isn't working like it usually does... I dunno what's up with that... I suck.

Come on down to jones county you can watch it with me.

Bully13
09-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Surprised he's having probs though near Columbus

TUSK
09-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Come on down to jones county you can watch it with me.

The Free State of Jones????

Commercecomet24
09-23-2017, 01:47 PM
The Free State of Jones????

Lol yep.

msstate7
09-23-2017, 01:50 PM
I have Roku so I checked it out. Even if you add the channel, you'll have to activate it by using cable login, satellite login, or by paying for it. I'm not 100%, but almost that you aren't just gonna download the cbs all access channel and stream the game free of charge

TUSK
09-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Surprised he's having probs though near Columbus

I think it's my line... I even went down in the woods and scratched up an ooooooold school 12' tv antenna and stuck it on my old dish rcvr arm.... gets nuthin'....

I suck.

TUSK
09-23-2017, 01:53 PM
I have Roku so I checked it out. Even if you add the channel, you'll have to activate it by using cable login, satellite login, or by paying for it. I'm not 100%, but almost that you aren't just gonna download the cbs all access channel and stream the game free of charge

screw that... I'll just go next door and watch it in my buddy's trailerhouse/meth lab....

Peace Out, cats....

msstate7
09-23-2017, 01:55 PM
screw that... I'll just go next door and watch it in my buddy's trailerhouse/meth lab....

Peace Out, cats....

I wouldn't pay either. Maybe someone here can give you a link where the game is being streamed

TUSK
09-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Check out this failed redneck, white trash attempt...

Rocketdawg, note the sweet dogear fence board skirting... I can do this for you and even finance it.*

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Tusk...search online for ustvnow.com. You will have to sign up but it's free. Has all cable channels. Designed for military oversees. I use it when needed. See if I can link it.

http://watch.ustvnow.com/guide

Mutt the Hoople
09-23-2017, 03:08 PM
I have (an older) Roku thingy... can anyone give me a detailed, USMC-proof explanation of how to get the Bammer/Vandy 2:30 Game on CBS?

I've got the "CBS Sports" channel added but am at an impasse... don't see it listed...

WARNING: I am supremely ignorant (at times) with this shit... it'll prolly take some "hand holding"...

Thanks.
Don't have any advice on how to help a Marine hook up the Roku, but I do have some crayons for you to eat.

RocketDawg
09-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Check out this failed redneck, white trash attempt...

Rocketdawg, note the sweet dogear fence board skirting... I can do this for you and even finance it.*

Whoa ... that is SWEET. When can you start?

RocketDawg
09-23-2017, 03:15 PM
Tusk...search online for ustvnow.com. You will have to sign up but it's free. Has all cable channels. Designed for military oversees. I use it when needed. See if I can link it.

http://watch.ustvnow.com/guide

Didn't know about that. It's not totally free but still a good deal. $29/mo is their most expensive plan.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Didn't know about that. It's not totally free but still a good deal. $29/mo is their most expensive plan.

I've been using for a year. Haven't paid anything for it. Does it charge now? Thought you could get major networks for free.

RocketDawg
09-23-2017, 03:50 PM
I've been using for a year. Haven't paid anything for it. Does it charge now? Thought you could get major networks for free.

Go to your link and scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll see the three packages they offer. Looks like you can get a free trial without a credit card, and you get HD free for a certain time (45 days, I think). It's only $10/mo I think, but still a little charge. You may have just slipped in under their radar.

Edit: I just checked again and you're right ... it's free for the basic. Looks like you're supposed to be a service member or American employee overseas though.