PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good thread going on at nafoom about our rivilery with the shitbirds. Do you

99jc
09-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Think our hatred for each other has gone to far? I know it's only just a sport and in the grand scheme of things has little relevance, but I hate those bastards because the think they are superior humans. Our basic heritage is the same. That being said if a sinkhole opened up in oxford and the whole town went to the depths of hell I would not lose 1 second of sleep. gTHOM

louisvilledawg
09-22-2017, 08:58 AM
Rivilery? I don't even know how you arrive at that spelling.

But yeah, I disagree that our hatred has gone too far. I think it will reach that point once sanctions are handed down. However, I think right now the OM schmucks just have the sads and it's a classic case of "can dish it out but not take it." They can ridicule us all day, but once something gets put back on them, they take their toys, go home, and whine about it to their momma.

Drugdog
09-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Rivilery? I don't even know how you arrive at that spelling.

But yeah, I disagree that our hatred has gone too far. I think it will reach that point once sanctions are handed down. However, I think right now the OM schmucks just have the sads and it's a classic case of "can dish it out but not take it." They can ridicule us all day, but once something gets put back on them, they take their toys, go home, and whine about it to their momma.

Good point about spelling. Maybe wear your Addidas shoes and google how to spell.****

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Funny, I don't remember them saying anything like this when the investigation that led to Jackie going down was going on. THAT one was directly orchestrated by Ole Miss but I don't remember us saying stuff like that then. They love dishing it out but they can't take it. ONE MORE TIME REBS: We didn't turn you in, others did. We didn't instigate this, others did. I'm mad as heck at YOU for getting some of our guys caught up in what YOU were doing. If you want to see who to blame for this stuff Rebs, I'm sure you have a mirror somewhere in your house.

TrapGame
09-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Rivilery is akin to rueing.**

MaroonDawg25
09-22-2017, 09:18 AM
They didn't start complaining about things going too far until crap started hitting the fan for them with the NCAA and cheating. Besides, it's their fault the rivalry heated up because of the cheating and then they complain about it? Just ignore it while they slowly slip into irrelevance and madness for the next decade.

Drugdog
09-22-2017, 09:19 AM

Nice!

99jc
09-22-2017, 09:25 AM
Nice!

Yes it is.....and that's what happens to your spelling when you go to state at least thats what the shitbirds say.

confucius say
09-22-2017, 10:02 AM
I don't think any state fan "hates" om more now than in the past. So no.

What has happened is om got caught cheating and is lashing out like my 3 year old when I pop her hand for breaking the rules. End of story.

Political Hack
09-22-2017, 10:04 AM
They pushed me too far. Now, they pay.

BulldogBear
09-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Maybe was just quoting the way Bares spelled it on there little massage bored.

JoseBrown
09-22-2017, 10:11 AM

What has happened is om got caught cheating and is lashing out like my 3 year old when I pop her hand for breaking the rules. End of story.

That's right, I don't hate them any more than I ever have, I was born hating them. It's their idiot fanboys throwing this crap out as another way to lash out at us for them being punished. The national guys caught wind of it and it took hold a little more than most their other "woe is me" shit. I don't know what we've done to instigate anything in this, all this new founded 'hate' and 'vitriol' is on their side anyway. They really are pissed Rosebowl actually covered their demise...

Commercecomet24
09-22-2017, 10:12 AM
The pompous, self righteousness, holier than thou, elitist attitudes from those people make me sick. I've travel all over this country and I've never met any group as arrogant and pompous as the bears. It's amazing to me that human beings can be that selfish and so caught up in themselves. They brought this on themselves. There like the kid that's always running his mouth and annoying people. Then someone finally has enough and puts them in their place and then they whine and moan about being treated unfairly. You made your bed bears, now lie in the crap you created for yourself!

Acid mouth
09-22-2017, 10:18 AM
They have only themselves to blame for their predicament. There are countless State leans that flipped to Mississippi in what would appear to be a financial decision. This instant gratification mentality is the worst thing about college football especially when the coaches CAN'T develope talent. If Mississippi truly cares about their athletes, they would distant themselves as far away from the Freeze regime as they possibly can. They purchased the player, failed to develop them on the football field, and failed miserably at preparing them for life after football. Can anyone think of a Mississippi lean within the last five years that ended up coming to State? I can't think of one. We haven't "bought" a single one of their leans yet they are mad at us. I can't wait til the NCAA goes scorched earth on those pompous asses

Dawgbite
09-22-2017, 10:26 AM

You beat your kids? For shame, how do you expect them to grow up to be snowflakes. They will be outcasts in society.****

Pollodawg
09-22-2017, 10:32 AM
This rivalry isn't too intense. They just think it is because State holds all the cards. They have some of the vilest fans on that site, though. Read over there for about ten minutes, and you'll feel like you need to pray and shower.

Pollodawg
09-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Did I really read that they blamed Sherrill for him calling them "Mississippi" instead of Ole Miss? How 17ing fragile can you be? The University of Alabama is Alabama. The university of South Carolina is South Carolina. Who the actual 17 do you think you are?

TrapGame
09-22-2017, 10:42 AM
Did I really read that they blamed Sherrill for him calling them "Mississippi" instead of Ole Miss? How 17ing fragile can you be? The University of Alabama is Alabama. The university of South Carolina is South Carolina. Who the actual 17 do you think you are?

The University of Oklahoma is Oklahoma not Ole Okie.

It's part of the delusion they have created about who they are and how important they think they are.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Maybe ole miss will ask to be moved to the East.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2017, 10:51 AM

Yes they hated that Jackie called them "Mississippi". That bunch is fragile and unstable.

NWADAWG
09-22-2017, 11:01 AM
They've been paying. That's a big part of why they're in trouble.

LC Dawg
09-22-2017, 11:02 AM
I used to check over there fairly often to see what new stupidy they were spouting but now its kind of sad to see the rantings of 20 mostly unstable people. I don't see how that site stays alive.

msstatelp1
09-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Has it intensified? Hell yeah it has. When one fan base goes after people's jobs because of things said on a message board it's gonna get worse. When the same fan base tries to bring us and the SEC down because they got caught in the worst cheating scandal in CFB history it's gonna get worse. It amazes me that they think they can still shit on us without consequences and we'll smile and take it. They don't understand that this ain't your grandpappy's Mississippi State. This rivalry will continue to intensify until they accept that we had nothing to do with their downfall.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Has it intensified? Hell yeah it has. When one fan base goes after people's jobs because of things said on a message board it's gonna get worse. When the same fan base tries to bring us and the SEC down because they got caught in the worst cheating scandal in CFB history it's gonna get worse. It amazes me that they think they can still shit on us without consequences and we'll smile and take it. They don't understand that this ain't your grandpappy's Mississippi State. This rivalry will continue to intensify until they accept that we had nothing to do with their downfall.

If you take the side walk alumni out of the equation and I don't think they really matter anyways we out number them.

RiverCityDawg
09-22-2017, 11:37 AM
It goes back to the "cultish, clannish mentality", as Wolken has described it, which has been fueled further by the misinformation provided by their media. If they had been told the truth and accepted the truth early on about their NCAA problems it would not be near this bad. Of course their attitude about life and self-perception caused the misinformation campaign, so it was a perfect storm really.

sleepy dawg
09-22-2017, 11:55 AM
I feel the same way about them as I do cock roaches in my house.

TrapGame
09-22-2017, 11:56 AM
If you take the side walk alumni out of the equation and I don't think they really matter anyways we out number them.

A lot of the sidewalk fans don't drink the kool aid or know who Yancy Porter happens to be. This is why two or three years from now those om sidewalk fans will be wearing maroon and acting like they've been State fans all of their lives.

Mimi's Babies
09-22-2017, 12:08 PM
I would like to see Rosebowl to include some of the comments in the next book.

BiscuitEater
09-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Think our hatred for each other has gone to far?

The actual 'tipping point' came when Dan won three in a row and in desperation, Ole Miss reached out, sold it's collective soul and hired Freeze.

BB30
09-22-2017, 12:44 PM
I can't even go over there anymore, the delusion is just way to insane. I really can't understand how they are so unbelievably ignorant. I really hope it is more or less just because they are on a message board and that they really are not like that in the real world. I do have a few Ole Miss friends and they are pretty normal, sane individuals, nothing like those on Nafoom.

EAVdog
09-22-2017, 01:08 PM
It's not different, if not even more civil than it was 20 years ago. They haven't changed, cheated back when Brewer was there. It didn't matter because we sucked. They are just maybe a little more mad because we'll certainly benefit from their stupidity.

They just got caught cheating so they trot this out there as a pathetic excuse. It's not even worth discussing.

TrapGame
09-22-2017, 01:23 PM
It's not different, if not even more civil than it was 20 years ago. They haven't changed, cheated back when Brewer was there. It didn't matter because we sucked. They are just maybe a little more mad because we'll certainly benefit from their stupidity.

They just got caught cheating so they trot this out there as a pathetic excuse. It's not even worth discussing.

Reading some of the responses they know it's coming. We are in a very good position right now to capitalize on their downfall. So, not only will they suffer 3-9/4-8 seasons for a while they'll have to do so watching us actually compete for the West, make top 10 appearances and pull in legit top 10-15 classes. It's going to eat them up.

MadDawg
09-22-2017, 01:30 PM
We all knew this was going to get more and more ugly the closer we got to rebel doomsday and all their fake narratives started to run out.

codeDawg
09-22-2017, 01:47 PM
My opinion is that it's always been this bad, it's just been one sided. Ole Miss goes to extreme measures to protect their perception of superiority. Before Jackie and some after Jackie, MSU just rolled over and took it. The bully doesn't like it when you fight back. They use the argument that there wouldn't be a fight if you just gave them your lunch money.

RocketDawg
09-22-2017, 03:22 PM

They're saying we're doing the same thing to them. Any truth to that?

Dawgface
09-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Yes they hated that Jackie called them "Mississippi". That bunch is fragile and unstable.

One of my om golf buddies says he never liked Mullen because of the TSUN tag he put on them. Now when we play golf I always refer to them that way or the 'bears'. He laughs so it's all in good fun with us. If all rebels were like him I wouldn't have a problem with them. But they're not. Most are pretty touchy now days.

msstatelp1
09-22-2017, 04:24 PM
They're saying we're doing the same thing to them. Any truth to that?

I've never seen anything on either board where someone tried to organize an effort to get an Ole Miss poster fired. The only thing I know of that really pissed people off was the Starkville High School coach but I don't remember any organized effort to get him fired.

RocketDawg
09-22-2017, 04:42 PM
I've never seen anything on either board where someone tried to organize an effort to get an Ole Miss poster fired. The only thing I know of that really pissed people off was the Starkville High School coach but I don't remember any organized effort to get him fired.

It's in the same Nafoom thread that you referenced. Have you seen it? I've never known any MSU person to go after one of them either, but I've been told it's happened to a couple of us.

Post 46 on Page 5: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafoom/has-the-ole-miss-state-rivalry-gone-too-far-t60909-s40.html

Mimi's Babies
09-22-2017, 05:00 PM
That did not happen on this site... Happened some where else....

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2017, 05:05 PM
A rivalry would imply that there is somewhat of a competitive matchup. This series won't be competitive for a while. Perhaps we move on to LSU or USM for our rivalry game.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2017, 05:09 PM
I went over to try and read that thread. I got through two post and said screw that.

msstatelp1
09-22-2017, 05:18 PM
It's in the same Nafoom thread that you referenced. Have you seen it? I've never known any MSU person to go after one of them either, but I've been told it's happened to a couple of us.

Post 46 on Page 5: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafoom/has-the-ole-miss-state-rivalry-gone-too-far-t60909-s40.html

Personally, I don't go on nafoom unless someone posts a link to something. In that thread they reference going after Coach34 and they went after at least 2 on Sixpack.

Pollodawg
09-22-2017, 05:53 PM
I went over to try and read that thread. I got through two post and said screw that.

It's the transcript from a fever dream of a mad man.

Mutt the Hoople
09-22-2017, 06:47 PM

They tried to lynch my job once, in 2003.

Todd4State
09-22-2017, 06:54 PM
The Egg Bowl rivalry is toxic only because Ole Miss made it toxic.

They're a sad lot. They were good in the 1960's and then integration changed that. The only thing that they had to hold on to was "Well, at least we're better than Mississippi State". Then Jackie and Dan said "Hold my beer". When we've been better than them they have completely freaked out and gone all out as far as cheating goes- and it has blown up in their face. It may very well destroy their football program- at least for a decade.

Honestly, they're the worst fans in the SEC. It's like the worst of Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas (Little Rock version) all wrapped up in one batshit crazy fan base with Auburn's bag men running the show. It's pretty crazy how different they are from us even though we are in the same state. And this isn't bias- I've heard this from other SEC fans as well.

They'll say something "good natured" on a message board making fun of MSU- but then a MSU says something "good natured" back and they try to sue the guy and get him fired.

I think there are some sane Ole Miss fans but they are outnumbered by various lunatic fringe and have no real power. And if they do have any power they are being lied to about how bad things are to the point where it gets so far gone they can't do anything about it.

beretta
09-22-2017, 06:58 PM
thing is, they have spent at least the last decade trying to create a national image....recruiting students from out of state.....and its worked....they have the largest out of state student body in Ms....but yet, third in line in the flagship universities in overall undergraduate enrollment....that shit is catching up with them within the states political climate, in football and other recruiting, etc....they don't hold as many cards as they used to, and their law school is terrible.....problem for them, it takes years to overcome those type mistakes....even decades....they want to be known as house hold brand in athletics like bama, lsu, ND, USC, Texas, etc....and want to be known as Vanderbilt, SMU, ND, etc in academics.....hell they only hired vitter to better the image of academics.....and they have failed miserably with their plan, both academically and athletically....bad times being a reb