PDA

View Full Version : Ben Garret say...

Leroy Jenkins
09-21-2017, 11:16 PM
MSU has reached out to DD Bowie "through back channels" about transferring.

JoseBrown
09-21-2017, 11:20 PM
He prolly has it backwards. That I wouldn't be surprised.

msstate7
09-21-2017, 11:21 PM
That could be the case, but I say word is coming out DD wants to come to state. Bc of this, we're to blame

CJDAWG85
09-21-2017, 11:23 PM
Bullshit... these guys are unreal. They constantly keep trying to play MSU as the villain for their demise.

Todd4State
09-21-2017, 11:29 PM
I noticed that DD was standing on the Ole Miss sidelines and wasn't dressed out in a highlight video I watched.

I hate that he made a mistake but the NCAA will give him an opportunity to make it right in December. If we'll even take him.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-21-2017, 11:42 PM
I think Bowie was just a kid that had a bunch of adults lie straight to his face. Would not mind giving him a chance to play for some coaches that would give a damn about him.

preachermatt83
09-21-2017, 11:55 PM
Trust me when I tell you, DD regrets his decision bad. He'd love to be a bulldog.

TUSK
09-22-2017, 12:46 AM
Can he play LB?

If so, I'll take em.....*

Reason2succeed
09-22-2017, 02:37 AM
Trust me when I tell you, DD regrets his decision bad. He'd love to be a bulldog.

I feel compassion for DD Bowie because he was flat out lied to. AJ can GTH with OM.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2017, 04:28 AM
I wouldn't touch him. Trouble.

Madisonmd
09-22-2017, 05:42 AM
Probably best to let this dog lie

Mobile Bay
09-22-2017, 06:26 AM
I don't want him.

At this point I would not put it past TSUN to have him out there wearing a wire and his hand out to every MSU booster he can find

somebodyshotmypaw
09-22-2017, 06:26 AM
Can he play LB?

If so, I'll take em.....*

Have you seen the Ole Miss defense? If he could play linebacker he would never come off the field. Because their linebackers suck.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-22-2017, 06:29 AM
Poor dude was lied to by Ole Miss... wasn't the first....won't be the last.

Howboutdemdogs
09-22-2017, 06:58 AM
With college football being such a huge and sometimes nasty business, a 17 or 18 YO kid can be collateral damage and a pawn. I feel this happened to DD. If we take him, first he had to address the team and apologize for his words and signing mistake against State during recruitment and then to the fans. (With true humility)

Any transfer to any school has to do this, if the other school is in the same conference, let alone a huge rival.

Political Hack
09-22-2017, 07:46 AM
If they let that kid in our locker room, they need their heads examined. No way. No how, do you mess up this team's chemistry this year or next.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2017, 07:53 AM
Tommy T said when he was at Ole Miss he said that when the sanction came down he had just gotten there and every SEC school was getting hotel rooms to recruit ole miss guys. Tommy T said he only lost two.

maroonmania
09-22-2017, 07:59 AM
Poor dude was lied to by Ole Miss... wasn't the first....won't be the last.

I'm sure his family was "rewarded" well for believing the lie so I don't think anyone should feel too bad for poor ol' DD.

smootness
09-22-2017, 08:03 AM
If they let that kid in our locker room, they need their heads examined. No way. No how, do you mess up this team's chemistry this year or next.

So then do we not accept new recruits, either? I don't see how this would be different than any other new player coming in with regard to chemistry.

MSUDAWGFAN
09-22-2017, 08:04 AM
I would take him. He went there because of a business deal and he needed to take care of his kid. Can't really blame him too much.

BulldogDX55
09-22-2017, 08:22 AM

Requesting that preachermatt have his user name changed to Back Channel

I would take him. He went there because of a business deal and he needed to take care of his kid. Can't really blame him too much.

Exactly. He had a family to take care of and Freeze lied to his face. Also, the kid was never disrespectful to us during the recruitment process like AJ and the Hat Tosser. Grow up, everyone.

99jc
09-22-2017, 08:30 AM
Any recruit that chose the plantation over us can stay there and go down with the ship.

Spiderman
09-22-2017, 08:34 AM

Tough nuggies.....

notsofarawaydawg
09-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Requesting that preachermatt have his user name changed to Back Channel

Exactly. He had a family to take care of and Freeze lied to his face. Also, the kid was never disrespectful to us during the recruitment process like AJ and the Hat Tosser. Grow up, everyone.

Matt Luke and Steve R from New Hope loves him some Hat Tosser even if he did steal all his guns. Luke lived out there during this kids recruitment.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Anybody that went to the Plantation is damaged goods at this point because of their association with the Plantation. We need to stay away from them.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-22-2017, 08:51 AM
I hope we don't touch this. I will be reallly surprised if he is making the grades at OM. He is not a very bright young man.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2017, 09:00 AM
It's funny people would want a kid that (a) has baggage (b) can't even crack the lineup on a sorry team
We aren't interested in him at all.

Drugdog
09-22-2017, 09:03 AM
Anybody that went to the Plantation is damaged goods at this point because of their association with the Plantation. We need to stay away from them.

This all day long. Excellent point.

BulldogDX55
09-22-2017, 09:03 AM
It's funny people would want a kid that (a) has baggage (b) can't even crack the lineup on a sorry team
We aren't interested in him at all.

He is a true freshman at a school where they have like 3 5* WRs. If there's one position that OM has that could be described as elite, it's their receivers.

bulldawg28
09-22-2017, 09:15 AM
All he has to do is enroll in juco and follow the process.

dawggrad08
09-22-2017, 09:16 AM
He is a true freshman at a school where they have like 3 5* WRs. If there's one position that OM has that could be described as elite, it's their receivers.

Your point would be valid if he'd actually been recruited to play WR. They're playing him at CB, which is where they planned to play him all along. This isn't a case where he can't get reps at WR so they switched him to CB. CB is always where they planned for him to play. I don't know what their CB situation is like to read anything to his PT there.

Turfdawg67
09-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Your point would be valid if he'd actually been recruited to play WR. They're playing him at CB, which is where they planned to play him all along. This isn't a case where he can't get reps at WR so they switched him to CB. CB is always where they planned for him to play. I don't know what their CB situation is like to read anything to his PT there.

Pretty sure he played DB in their first game and got hurt.

confucius say
09-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Thanks but no thanks. Do not want. Has nothing to do with him being at om either. Barring a complete attitude and mindset change, he couldn't make it in our program.

SailingDawg
09-22-2017, 09:54 AM

I thought he had two kids, he's a trainwreck! We don't need him or AJ on our team.

fader2103
09-22-2017, 10:18 AM
Do you think if any of TSUN's players transfer out especially to State than they will come out and say we gave money to them, and try and make them ineligible?

Political Hack
09-22-2017, 10:26 AM
So then do we not accept new recruits, either? I don't see how this would be different than any other new player coming in with regard to chemistry.

If you'd let a guy pee on your head, tell you it's raining, and then still invite him into your house I'm not sure what to say. He had his chance and he placed his loyalties with someone else despite the warnings he was given from State people. It's a lot different than a high school recruit who's never burned your coaches, players, and fans. He chose Ole Miss over State despite the mess they're in. He thinks they're better than us even when they're missing bowl games and under NCAA investigation. And you want him to come play for us? No thanks.

The recruiting process sucks, but once you spurn someone for their rival school, that's it. There's no coming back from that. Also, anyone that "fits in" on that team, isn't going to like our locker room. Our boys are grinding in the weight room while they're playing hotel Peter Pan.

DudyDawg
09-22-2017, 10:32 AM
I'd take any player from any school that has the talent to make us better and doesnt come with any kind of baggage/legal trouble/expulsion. Not necessarily as it pertains to DD but in general. Getting to Atlanta takes more than hardworkers who love your school. Talent >>>>>

MSUDAWGFAN
09-22-2017, 10:43 AM
He may have two kids, but that doesn't mean he is a trainwreck. He is a very talented player that could help our team and he made a business decision to help his family. He really had no choice.

smootness
09-22-2017, 10:51 AM
If you'd let a guy pee on your head, tell you it's raining, and then still invite him into your house I'm not sure what to say. He had his chance and he placed his loyalties with someone else despite the warnings he was given from State people. It's a lot different than a high school recruit who's never burned your coaches, players, and fans. He chose Ole Miss over State despite the mess they're in. He thinks they're better than us even when they're missing bowl games and under NCAA investigation. And you want him to come play for us? No thanks.

The recruiting process sucks, but once you spurn someone for their rival school, that's it. There's no coming back from that. Also, anyone that "fits in" on that team, isn't going to like our locker room. Our boys are grinding in the weight room while they're playing hotel Peter Pan.

He was a high school kid that believed what adults were telling him. I can't really blame him. Who knows what other pressures he had as well. If he has been there and now realizes how much better an option State is, then I don't see any reason to tell him no thanks.

Do we stop recruiting JUCO kids because they picked a different school coming out of HS? I get that it's Ole Miss, but there's no reason to hurt ourselves because of the rivalry.

Gutter Cobreh
09-22-2017, 10:55 AM

That's a lie. Life is about decisions and consequences. Sometimes you get a second chance and sometimes you don't. This is a case where I hope there is no second chance as it pertains to MSU.

I don't wish any kid any ill will. I hope he gets to transfer and showcase his talent, just not at MSU.

DudyDawg
09-22-2017, 11:09 AM
I thought he had two kids, he's a trainwreck! We don't need him or AJ on our team.

Should we kick off all the "trainwrecks" on our football and basketball teams with kids then?

sandwolf
09-22-2017, 11:18 AM
I'd take any player from any school that has the talent to make us better and doesnt come with any kind of baggage/legal trouble/expulsion. Not necessarily as it pertains to DD but in general. Getting to Atlanta takes more than hardworkers who love your school. Talent >>>>>

This.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2017, 11:26 AM

He's not a WR.....I'm not getting into everything on him, but we don't want him.

Westdawg
09-22-2017, 11:32 AM
With the toxicity level that it is on the OM end, I would not willing to bring anyone from that current team to this one. They would do everything in their power to ruin that student and quite likely try to hurt MSU.
It ain't worth it. Any player they have currently, we could match any player they currently have with a recruit in the '18 and '19 classes, except for maybe AJ. And Malik Heath would be my choice over him. You have guys there that are tainted - not so much by the rivalry , but more so by the lack of coaching, the lifestyle as an athlete, and the loss of those beginning years in the program, at OM that would all have to be removed from their psyche and rebuilt. I say NOPE. Keep finding players that WANT to be here from the word GO.
They want to be here???? Go the juco route for a season and prove that you do on the field( improvement) and academically ( in the classroom). THEN I might consider it.

confucius say
09-22-2017, 11:39 AM
His being at om has nothing to do with it. He is a lot more quay Evans than taveze Calhoun (all 3 from Morton).

thf24
09-22-2017, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't take anyone just in case they aren't out of the woods with the NCAA. Lodge and/or Metcalf would be tempting though.

West Tn Dawg
09-22-2017, 11:55 AM
NO!
He chose The Cheetahs, we don't want him. He would be a nasty virus in the locker room.
Think about the guy he replaces that chose us up front and made the team. How does that look and feel?
NO!!!!

msbulldog
09-22-2017, 12:12 PM
MSU isn't DD's only option as I recall FSU was recruiting him.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2017, 12:13 PM
I dont know him and he may be a great kid but anyone associated with unm is radioactive.

Mimi's Babies
09-22-2017, 12:15 PM
No deal.. No one from ole ..... They have not worked or earned the reward to play at MSU. PERIOD. We don't need these in the locker room. We should not have the scholarship slots either.

Johnson85
09-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Some of you people are crazy.

I'm not sure if there is anybody we would want or take, but I would hope our coaches wouldn't reject any transfer just because they went to UM first.

I don't doubt that UM has more than their fair share of players that would be locker room problems because that naturally happens with their recruiting strategy and tactics, but an 18 year old kid just doing what's best for his family financially is not some sign of an unforgivable character flaw.

We may not be throwing money around like Ole Miss did, but we have players that have accepted inducements also and that have no problem coming and working and being team players.

BeardoMSU
09-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Some of you people are crazy.

I'm not sure if there is anybody we would want or take, but I would hope our coaches wouldn't reject any transfer just because they went to UM first.

I don't doubt that UM has more than their fair share of players that would be locker room problems because that naturally happens with their recruiting strategy and tactics, but an 18 year old kid just doing what's best for his family financially is not some sign of an unforgivable character flaw.

We may not be throwing money around like Ole Miss did, but we have players that have accepted inducements also and that have no problem coming and working and being team players.

This^^^^

The rest of this thread reads like something from OM's Spirit boards....Serious, wtf?

BB30
09-22-2017, 12:39 PM

So I guess you are pissed we took Abram after he left UGA?

Political Hack
09-22-2017, 12:53 PM
He was a high school kid that believed what adults were telling him. I can't really blame him. Who knows what other pressures he had as well. If he has been there and now realizes how much better an option State is, then I don't see any reason to tell him no thanks.

Do we stop recruiting JUCO kids because they picked a different school coming out of HS? I get that it's Ole Miss, but there's no reason to hurt ourselves because of the rivalry.

I understand that point of view, but I think bringing anyone who has been entrenched in the Ole Miss culture and isnused to that mentality could easily become a detriment to our culture and our locker room. I don't give a damn if it's Tom Brady, no player is worth that risk when you've already got things going in the right direction. If we sucked, yeah... bring him in.

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2017, 01:06 PM
If/when that happens, we'll just have to trust Mullen to make the best decision and trust it. Heard rumors AJ reached out and he was told to pound sand by Mullen. If he's ok bringing someone in then I'll trust that decision until I have reason not to.

msstatelp1
09-22-2017, 01:20 PM
If/when that happens, we'll just have to trust Mullen to make the best decision and trust it. Heard rumors AJ reached out and he was told to pound sand by Mullen. If he's ok bringing someone in then I'll trust that decision until I have reason not to.

This. DM is the one that would ultimately gain or lose from letting anyone transfer in so I'd have to trust his judgement.

smootness
09-22-2017, 01:31 PM
I understand that point of view, but I think bringing anyone who has been entrenched in the Ole Miss culture and isnused to that mentality could easily become a detriment to our culture and our locker room. I don't give a damn if it's Tom Brady, no player is worth that risk when you've already got things going in the right direction. If we sucked, yeah... bring him in.

I get it, but I don't think Bowie has been there long enough to become 'entrenched' in the culture, especially if he got there and immediately wanted out.

Just sounds like a kid who listened to the wrong people, made a bad decision, and now realizes he made a mistake.

TUSK
09-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Me thinks there are some people lying to themselves in this thread....

Is there any player you would not take if it gave ya a great shot at an SEWC/SECC? a CFP appearance? a NC????

Acid mouth
09-22-2017, 01:49 PM

Is there any player you would not take if it gave ya a great shot at an SEWC/SECC? a CFP appearance? a NC????

I wouldn't take a single player off their roster. The only exception would be that the transferring player meet in length with the NCAA to corroborate accusations for NOA#3. At that point they would have the option to walk on.

Bully75
09-22-2017, 01:52 PM

Hack is on point. Agree

West Tn Dawg
09-22-2017, 02:02 PM

Nope!
Not in this situation. There could be a situation where a player just thought he wanted to play for, lets say Ohio State and got homesick and wanted to get closer to home. I would not have a problem with it. But a player we battled with our rival for, and all the underhanded stuff that was going on, Hell no!

confucius say
09-22-2017, 02:20 PM

Well DD ain't that so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, for others in this thread, DD didn't choose Mississippi bc of thousands of dollars. He chose it bc he grew up a huge fan. His idol as a kid was shay Hodge.

whosyourdawgy
09-22-2017, 02:40 PM
If the scenario plays out and Ole Miss players are allowed to transfer whiteout penalty and play immediately, I personally don't want a single kid that we recruited heavily and those kids still chose Ole Miss over us. I don't give a damn if it is a 5 star receiver and definitely don't care about a little cb. Those few on that team that we went after hard and they thumbed their noses in our coaching staffs faces at the end don't DESERVE an opportunity to play for MSU now. Now if one of the 5 star wide receivers or a certain offensive lineman that we didn't recruit would be interested in coming then maybe I would give them a shot. But we can find a DD Bowie as easily in next years class without even worrying w the Ole Miss players jumping from a sinking ship. How they signed there with all the water filling the boat up before they signed is reason enough not to take them.

cheewgumm
09-22-2017, 02:58 PM
I'd take AJ Brown all day.

BeardoMSU
09-22-2017, 03:02 PM
I'm glad Dan gets the final say in all of this, and not y'all, lol...

Commercecomet24
09-22-2017, 03:07 PM

i'll agree with that on all counts. I think he's earned our trust in making these decisions whether he tells them to go jump in a lake or whether he takes one of them. I trust him on this.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-22-2017, 03:09 PM

Yes I'd take DD**

notsofarawaydawg
09-22-2017, 04:34 PM
We only take a limited number of JUCO players so he'd have to get in line coming from TCUN. ***

Percho
09-22-2017, 06:36 PM

I agree with this. Was talking about this last night with my son about have you really have to be careful about chemistry. When Saban gets mad at reporters on years following NC teams it is because he understands that the next team is going to be only as good as their chemistry allows them to be.

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2017, 07:09 PM
We only take a limited number of JUCO players so he'd have to get in line coming from TCUN. ***

Rep

Statecoachingblows**
09-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Yes I'd take DD**

Dan nailing the punchline for the thread***

Schultzy
09-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Went to the MS/AL game, Bowie looked slow to me.

dawgoneyall
09-22-2017, 11:04 PM

Agree.

dawgoneyall
09-22-2017, 11:05 PM
I'd take AJ Brown all day.

No.

dawgoneyall
09-22-2017, 11:06 PM
He may have two kids, but that doesn't mean he is a trainwreck. He is a very talented player that could help our team and he made a business decision to help his family. He really had no choice.

Yes he had a choice.

sandwolf
09-22-2017, 11:45 PM
The rest of this thread reads like something from OM's Spirit boards....Serious, wtf?

100% this.

BulldogBear
09-23-2017, 05:42 AM

Wrong state TUSK

somebodyshotmypaw
09-23-2017, 08:11 AM

If you have two kids, wouldn't a "business decision" have been to get up and work 60 hour weeks at a job with a paycheck? Then you could pay for food, diapers, clothes, etc. How do you provide for your kids as a college student?

TUSK
09-23-2017, 08:40 AM

yep, we'd likely find that YDL is the "forgiving", "2nd chances-kinda-guy" with a heart and compassion....

Bully13
09-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Someone mentioned team chemistry. I don't think that can be overstated and Dan knows this. This team has it and no amount of 5 star talent can buy that.

JoseBrown
09-23-2017, 09:55 AM
The problem I see with taking any player transferring out of UM is that they'd still be high school knowledge and skill with fewer years to play. Just like Engram told Gruden, at Umiss he only ran two routes, when he got to the NFL he had to learn a whole new route tree. I'd maybe take an o-lineman for depth.

I'd love to take Shae Shae for a third string backup. That would be funny as hell to me.**

But whatever Dan decides to do, I'd be happy with.