Love it....keep this rolling!

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-21-2017, 12:34 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/910907080307089408

Pretty bad ass...Lovin the music!! "Cause I'm a Man...M A N!!!"

Muddy Waters...perfect choice

Big4Dawg
09-21-2017, 12:36 PM
100% disagree - I hate the music. Literally made me zero hyped. Whats up w/ these slow ass songs? Song selection this year has been crap.

sandwolf
09-21-2017, 12:45 PM
1005 disagree - I hate the music. Literally made me zero hyped. Whats up w/ these slow ass songs? Song selection this year has been crap.I agree. That may have been the worst hype video we've had yet.

KB21
09-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Muddy Waters...perfect choice

Absolutely! I downloaded the song after watching this.

fader2103
09-21-2017, 12:55 PM
This is one of the better ones, but generally I get more hyped on Stingray's videos

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2017, 01:31 PM
I thought it was good but not as good as the other one. I am a Foo Fighters fan though.

vv83
09-21-2017, 01:33 PM
That was terrible. What happened to the HYPE videos? The music choice is terrible (outside of FF earlier this week)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Good to see the blue tents make another appearance. PSA: If you can't afford a tent with the school colors or at least one that doesnt have one of our rivals colors, then don't F%#&-ing tailgate!

AlmostPositive
09-21-2017, 02:05 PM
If you don't like Muddy singing M-A-N, rethink your musical tastes.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2017, 02:11 PM
If you don't like Muddy singing M-A-N, rethink your musical tastes.

I like hearing Eric Clapton sing Tears in Heaven too but I don't want to hear it in a hype video.

Spiderman
09-21-2017, 02:40 PM
100% disagree - I hate the music. Literally made me zero hyped. Whats up w/ these slow ass songs? Song selection this year has been crap.

Slow song? Muddy Waters version of Mannish Boy off "Hard Again" with Johnny Winter backing and producing? The quintessential electric guitar song that influenced 99% of legendary rock guitarists?

Ok, I can't help you.

Jesus, it's the base of "Bad to the Bone" by George Thourgood, and many, many other classic rock songs.

Outside Dawg
09-21-2017, 02:52 PM
Thought it was great. Nothing to complain about with that video. Its a different take this week, but great nonetheless.

TrapGame
09-21-2017, 02:53 PM
That's actually pretty damn good.

Big4Dawg
09-21-2017, 03:01 PM
I just compare everything to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN3FjrkVxAY

Behrdawg
09-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Fantastic song. Fantastic video. Piss poor when put together. I kept waiting for the music to go remix wild into some skrillex-like shit and go off. It felt like there was going to be a climax and it never got there.

We need to do much better than this.

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Fantastic song. Fantastic video. Piss poor when put together. I kept waiting for the music to go remix wild into some skrillex-like shit and go off. It felt like there was going to be a climax and it never got there.

We need to do much better than this.

*rolling eyes emoji* not everything needs a bass drop or rap - the video was well done.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2017, 04:02 PM

BEST MUSIC EVER

tcdog70
09-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Slow song? Muddy Waters version of Mannish Boy off "Hard Again" with Johnny Winter backing and producing? The quintessential electric guitar song that influenced 99% of legendary rock guitarists?

Ok, I can't help you.

Jesus, it's the base of "Bad to the Bone" by George Thourgood, and many, many other classic rock songs.

ha, the haters must be about 12.

LC Dawg
09-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Why does something have to be screaming or thumping to get someone excited. Great music and Bulldog football will get me excited every time. I guess I just don't feel like these videos should have to make me run through a wall. But what do I know. I'm old. So get off my lawn so I can blast my Muddy Waters in peace.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2017, 05:05 PM
The Blues belong to Mississippi. It's about time we used it in a vid.

Coackjek
09-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Why does something have to be screaming or thumping to get someone excited. Great music and Bulldog football will get me excited every time. I guess I just don't feel like these videos should have to make me run through a wall. But what do I know. I'm old. So get off my lawn so I can blast my Muddy Waters in peace.

I'm with you. This thread reminds me of the one posted after the game Saturday telling us that we weren't excited enough after the game. Honestly, I call it maturing into a winner. If we acted like fools and tore down the goal post there would be people telling us to grow up. Now that we're not people are saying we need to. I personally like the music and I think the video editing was done well and the two together showed me that there is a new attitude and it's one of expectancy.

RezDog7
09-21-2017, 06:05 PM
I've got no problem with the music and no problem with video but together they couldn't get my hyped enough to drop a deuce.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Wow love the music! Love the blues! Now that's a dang good production!

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2017, 06:41 PM
I love it because I like the music and totally understand people who don't like it because they hate the music.

Well.... guess what... if you put a random 10 people in any room and play any music, some will like it and others won't

Therefore, I like that our video department is mixing it up and serving different groups of people that look at the meaning of Mississippi State football in different ways. For some that means nostalgic ways and for others it means hardcore kickass ways.

Neither are wrong. So, with this in mind, not every hype video will be for you, but that's ok.

Spiderman
09-21-2017, 07:53 PM
ha, the haters must be about 12.

Yep, Muddy was more hardcore and had 10 times the "street cred" of any phony tough rapper of today

As Blind Dog Fulton, Aka Willie Brown, said in Crossroads,.......

"You got your mind made up about how everything works. How you gonna learn anything new when you KNOW everything already? Look at this old guitar here you been squeakin' on. I bet you saw this thing in a music store and bought it just because you thought it was beat up! Well you got it all wrong. Muddy Waters invented electricity"

AND....

Willie Brown: Where you from, boy?

Eugene Martone: Well, I was born in Long Island.

Willie Brown: Oh, Long Island aww shit, this is rich! Long Island: the famous 'breeding ground' for blues men! You ever been to Mississippi, Boy?