PDA

View Full Version : I think everyone should prepare themselves

Gandawg
09-20-2017, 11:33 PM
To see UGA make some key defensive plays. This doesn't mean they will win, but I have seen many posts about them being a crappy sec east defense. If anyone has watched them play, you will realize they are an elite defense. They are not quite at bamas level, but they are definitely at least top 3 in the SEC, I would say they are about equal with State. That being said, State's Offense is better.

TimberBeast
09-20-2017, 11:38 PM
Watching the Georgia Notre Dame game right now. Good D, not impressed with the OLine. I haven't seen any posts saying that Georgia's d is a crappy sec east defense. They are good, I wouldn't go as far as elite, but yeah. It's going to be a war Saturday as it should be. Can't wait.

Fred Garvin
09-21-2017, 06:26 AM
I'm impressed with Georgia's defensive speed. Ought to be a great game.

Corndawg
09-21-2017, 06:58 AM
It looks like Georgia will be getting back Malkom Parrish from injury for the game. It remains to be seen if he will be near 100%, but he will see the field. He's the #1 CB and the best pure tackler and run stopper of all the DBs. I would say the front seven is elite and the weakness is the secondary. It's not that they are bad, but they are thin. There are starters and true freshmen, and not much in between. A couple other guys to look out for are Trenton Thompson 78, and 97 John Atkins. I think of Thompson as our version of Simmons, he's amazing. Atkins isn't heralded at all, but he does a lot of the dirty work, plugging up the middle and occupying guys to free up the linebackers. I'm excited to see what they can do against the best oline they've faced this year.

msstate7
09-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Georgia's defense is very good. I think facing lsu last week is a big advantage for us in that we've now faced a defense with big time speed and talent. Your offense is about to have an adjustment period at the beginning of this game going from ND and no ones to seeing Simmons and co.

You have 2 freshmen olinemen protecting a freshman qb; this isn't a good thing imo

MarketingBully
09-21-2017, 07:27 AM
Georgia's defense is very good. I think facing lsu last week is a big advantage for us in that we've now faced a defense with big time speed and talent. Your offense is about to have an adjustment period at the beginning of this game going from ND and no ones to seeing Simmons and co.

You have 2 freshmen olinemen protecting a freshman qb; this isn't a good thing imo

I love how the UGA posters are trying to act like MSU posters. Nice call out. :)

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2017, 07:57 AM
I love how the UGA posters are trying to act like MSU posters. Nice call out. :)

That guy announced who he was with his first post. Go look at it. He isn't trying to be a fake MSU guy.

Dawgbite
09-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Yeah, Gandawg and Corndawg are pale dawgs not spotted dawgs. They identified themselves earlier. All you pale Dawgs will just have to understand, all the Bears in sheep's clothing have a lot of us paranoid.

confucius say
09-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Georgia is very good defensively. I don't think anybody on here is saying otherwise.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2017, 08:39 AM
IMO I think they will start off the game throwing it around to see if they can test our virtually untested secondary, if successful and they get a lead, then we'll get a healthy dose of the running game. I think we're being a little too cocky after beating LSU and I have a feeling were going to be disappointed saturday night.

Maroonthirteen
09-21-2017, 08:42 AM
As things look after 3 weeks, UGA will be the most difficult game on our schedule. Other than Alabama.

msstate7
09-21-2017, 08:44 AM
IMO I think they will start off the game throwing it around to see if they can test our virtually untested secondary, if successful and they get a lead, then we'll get a healthy dose of the running game. I think we're being a little too cocky after beating LSU and I have a feeling were going to be disappointed saturday night.

On the flip side, if they come out passing, it could put them in a quick hole. Passing early is risky for them if they want to rely on their defense. I think we see a heavy dose of screens early

PassInterference
09-21-2017, 08:48 AM
As things look after 3 weeks, UGA will be the most difficult game on our schedule. Other than Alabama.

Yep.

Saw some UGA highlights. They are really really good on defense. Saw one of their DL guys lift a Notre Dame OL off the ground and push him backwards. Kind of like a bull rush except the OL got blown up so bad the dude left his feet going backwards.

TrapGame
09-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Or Fromm could throw a pick 6 early in the game and/or get multiple sacks which leads a freshman QB to lose some confidence, second guess himself and put his head on a swivel.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2017, 08:54 AM
This game is a toss up. Unless one team turns the ball over, it'll be close til the end.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2017, 09:01 AM

Eat a shit burger.

Good gosh. The loser mentality, Mittattippi Tate attitude in this post is thick.

I'm not saying your wrong because no one knows what is going to happen. I'm just tired of MSU fans like you.

Everyone realizes that this will be a tough, hardcore game, but, since I'm an MSU fan, I choose to look for ways in which we could win it rather than looking for ways in which we could lose.

What a miserable existence to be someone that looks for ways that your favorite team will lose games.

I've been an MSU fan for long enough that I don't have to look for ways that we could lose games. Showing up has often times been enough to lose many games in my life time.

Therefore, I choose to be optimistic & hopeful & look for ways in which we an compete & win games.

I don't even understand how fans with your perspective & attitude enjoy football or cheering for MSU

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Eat a shit burger.

Good gosh. The loser mentality, Mittattippi Tate attitude in this post is thick.

I'm not saying your wrong because no one knows what is going to happen. I'm just tired of MSU fans like you.

Everyone realizes that this will be a tough, hardcore game, but, since I'm an MSU fan, I choose to look for ways in which we could win it rather than looking for ways in which we could lose.

What a miserable existence to be someone that looks for ways that your favorite team will lose games.

He actually does have a point, our secondary is untested so far.

msstate7
09-21-2017, 09:08 AM

Georgia is dead last in sec in passing offense and 11th in 3rd down conversions... are they the test our secondary has been waiting on?

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2017, 09:12 AM

No doubt. It's the loser mentality that pisses me off.

Again, looking for ways that we could lose rather than acknowledging that Georgia struggles to throw the ball & block, which makes it unlikely that they will be a able to throw enough to beat us.

Again, fans like that can eat a shit burger wit diarrhea sauce as far as I'm concerned. They are useless

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Georgia is dead last in sec in passing offense and 11th in 3rd down conversions... are they the test our secondary has been waiting on?

Could be if they want to see if they can expose something...Isn't that what coaches do?

msstate7
09-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Could be if they want to see if they can expose something...Isn't that what coaches do?

I hope they come out air Georgia.

Their best game plan is wr screens, rb screens, and run the ball to rely on their defense.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2017, 09:18 AM

Again, looking for ways that we could lose rather than acknowledging that Georgia struggles to throw the ball & block, which makes it unlikely that they will be a able to throw enough to beat us.

Again, fans like that can eat a shit burger wit diarrhea sauce as far as I'm concerned. They are useless

And you can shut the f^&* up. Funny how brave people are on a message board calling someone useless. Last time I checked I can discuss the game in however the f^$* I want. Excuse me for not catering to the sunshine pumping mentality that is expected here. I didnt say I wanted us to lose rather I gave my opinion on what Georgia might do.

iPat09
09-21-2017, 09:35 AM

Or maybe he is trying to remain reasonable instead of allowing the wool to get too thick? It's not like he said we are going to get our butts handed to us. It is possible to be a little negative without having what you call a loser mentality. Someone needs to pump the breaks a little bit on calling out fellow fans. Last I checked, it's perfectly legal to share one's opinion. Back off a bit, we all pull for the same team here.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Uga is trying to protect Jake. He's young and they just want him to manage the game right now. He's gonna be great but he's not there yet. I doubt very seriously if Kirby gambles with him. They want to really on their defense, run the ball and not gamble and keep it low scoring(see nd game).

Jack Lambert
09-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Georgia bulldogs you are welcome here and you don't have to act like your a MSU Dog. Tell us what you think. Ole Miss are the only ones who are not welcome on this board.

Gandawg
09-21-2017, 09:47 AM

As I have stated before, I am a respectful Georgia fan who is giving a humble opinion on the game. I have not been cocky, I am just interested to see the debates on the board. So I am not a MSU fan, so I do not have to eat a shitburger with diarrhea sauce. Once again I am a guest on your board, and I'm not trying to offend anyone.

CarolinaDawgs
09-21-2017, 09:51 AM
Shotgun got a little triggered. Easy there Snowflake.

Gandawg
09-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Or Fromm could throw a pick 6 early in the game and/or get multiple sacks which leads a freshman QB to lose some confidence, second guess himself and put his head on a swivel.

Obviously if Fromm throws a pick six and gets sacked multiple times it is over, but he won't. Cheney will only let him throw short safe passes. He will only go deep if Riley Ridley is wide open.

MadDawg
09-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Once again I am a guest on your board, and I'm not trying to offend anyone.

You're good man.

IMissJack
09-21-2017, 09:54 AM
To see UGA make some key defensive plays. This doesn't mean they will win, but I have seen many posts about them being a crappy sec east defense. If anyone has watched them play, you will realize they are an elite defense. They are not quite at bamas level, but they are definitely at least top 3 in the SEC, I would say they are about equal with State. That being said, State's Offense is better.

Hopefully none of our fans are dumb enough to say GA has a bad defense, and these are just a few know nothings. Should be a good game.

That said, we believe ours is pretty good too.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2017, 09:57 AM

They aren't useless. Just because someone doesn't think like you doesn't make them useless. We don't do groupthink like the folks up the road.

confucius say
09-21-2017, 09:59 AM
I can see Georgia max protecting and taking some deep shots early. No read, just down the sideline in man coverage out of a run formation that has our safeties walked down. They did this against notre dame

TrapGame
09-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Obviously if Fromm throws a pick six and gets sacked multiple times it is over, but he won't. Cheney will only let him throw short safe passes. He will only go deep if Riley Ridley is wide open.

Yep, your boy Fromm is not quite there yet but this season has forced him to grow up early in the program. If he does look like Tom Brady come Saturday night then hats off to ya.

Reason2succeed
09-21-2017, 10:14 AM
I can see Georgia max protecting and taking some deep shots early. No read, just down the sideline in man coverage out of a run formation that has our safeties walked down. They did this against notre dame

And Grantham saw that too. We will be ready.

BB30
09-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Eat a shit burger.

I've been an MSU fan for long enough that I don't have to look for ways that we could lose games. Showing up has often times been enough to lose many games in my life time.

Therefore, I choose to be optimistic & hopeful & look for ways in which we an compete & win games.

I don't even understand how fans with your perspective & attitude enjoy football or cheering for MSU

Pot call kettle coming from a guy that starts a thread discussing mullen leaving....

GreenheadDawg
09-21-2017, 01:38 PM
I expect both offenses to struggle early. Fitz will have to make some throws in the first half to get us going. We aren't just going to walk out there and run over them. Exact thing can be said for UGA. This will be a battle of the QBs and defense. I don't think either team is going to light it up in rushing yards

Commercecomet24
09-21-2017, 01:41 PM

I like Jake a lot. Know the family. He's going to be really good but he's not quite there yet and I hope he doesn't get there til after Saturday, ha! Yeah they're not gonna let him gamble yet unless it's wide open. Y'all will depend on your stout defense, run game and Fromm not turning it over. If y'all have to throw the ball to win you're in trouble, imo.I think it's gonna be a good game and that we will prevail.

MarketingBully
09-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Um, LSU and La Tech slung it around some. I saw our safeties and our corners going stride for stride on man to man coverage. I also saw Jonathan Abram put us in the right checks. We have a decent secondary and we have leaders on all levels on the defense. If they come out passing it, I think that gives us a better chance of winning it because I think we will hurry and confuse Fromm from our coverages and front seven. Remember, we hurried Etling on 8 of 22 passing plays and he has not only a better OL but he is a senior. I don?t think their OL will be able to protect Fromm on slow developing pass plays.

smootness
09-21-2017, 01:57 PM
I was going to say that he is right, UGA's defense is very, very good and will provide some serious issues for our offense.

But after finding out he's a UGA fan, I'll just say - Screw you, Gandawg, I think you should prepare yourself for a massive beatdown.

Gutter Cobreh
09-21-2017, 01:59 PM
As I have stated before, I am a respectful Georgia fan who is giving a humble opinion on the game. I have not been cocky, I am just interested to see the debates on the board. So I am not a MSU fan, so I do not have to eat a shitburger with diarrhea sauce. Once again I am a guest on your board, and I'm not trying to offend anyone.

He wasn't referring to you regarding the sandwich. Shotgun hasn't learned the art of debate and sometimes lashes out here at others when he is not busy trying to help Mullen decide on what school he's leaving us for...

I have the same concerns as you, but am hopeful we find motivation w/ Grantham, Fitz playing in his home state, etc. This game (imo) is a must win for the overall trajectory of our program. We have to build off momentum created last weekend.

Pot call kettle coming from a guy that starts a thread discussing mullen leaving....

Rep. +1