PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tendency to watch for in UGA offense early

calidawg
09-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Week 2 against Notre Dame, Jake Fromm threw the ball just 1 time from under center. Last week against Samford, UGA went under center 21 times and threw it just 1 time.

That tendency will have to change this weekend if UGA wants to have any success on O. Early in the game we will be heavily keying in on the run when UGA goes under center. They will most likely try short throws off a 3 step drop early in the game to get our D on it's heels slightly and to get Fromms confidence up throwing out from under center. We don't need to let this happen. If Fromm can complete a couple of short / medium throws from under center right off the bat, it will give them better leverage in their downhill run game which is what they want. Fromm will make mistakes, we will have the opportunity to force some turnovers in the 1st half.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Damn, you charting plays?

That's next level there.

Hopefully, we'll be ready when they go under center and play action bomb on the first few plays.

Hopefully it's not a set up.

Bodaski
09-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Week 2 against Notre Dame, Jake Fromm threw the ball just 1 time from under center. Last week against Samford, UGA went under center 21 times and threw it just 1 time.

That tendency will have to change this weekend if UGA wants to have any success on O. Early in the game we will be heavily keying in on the run when UGA goes under center. They will most likely try short throws off a 3 step drop early in the game to get our D on it's heels slightly and to get Fromms confidence up throwing out from under center. We don't need to let this happen. If Fromm can complete a couple of short / medium throws from under center right off the bat, it will give them better leverage in their downhill run game which is what they want. Fromm will make mistakes, we will have the opportunity to force some turnovers in the 1st half.

That is huge for a scouting report. Did you by any chance recognize which hash they were on, right or left or whether they were going in or coming out? Those are the very things coaches look for to find tendencies Good job!!!

calidawg
09-20-2017, 06:34 PM
That is huge for a scouting report. Did you by any chance recognize which hash they were on, right or left or whether they were going in or coming out? Those are the very things coaches look for to find tendencies Good job!!!

There are 2 types of people who learn this information. Coaches and Gamblers. I fall in the latter. I have found some good resources over the years that assist me in my hobby (habit)

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Thanks for letting GA know we know.

Maroons
09-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Thanks for letting GA know we know.

Ha. There aren't many secrets, even after only 3 games. Film, media, large staffs, etc.

msstate7
09-20-2017, 07:39 PM
Gotta figure they're setting up passing from under center. Might not be a bad idea to zone blitz on a 1st down when they line up under center; could end up with an int