PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Fans are so Nonsensical & Dramatic

BeastMan
09-20-2017, 03:39 PM
There is a trend among some Ole Miss fans and their fan media to respond to any dissenting opinion with the most absurd possible reply they can muster. When fans do it I just shake my head but when their media does this, I just cannot wrap my head around rational humans being so stupid. Examples:

Opinion- "Hugh Freeze sure doesn't seem to be genuine"
Response- "Why do you hate and attack Christianity?"

Opinion- "It is odd Tunsil's family picked up and moved to a much bigger house in Oxford"
Response- "Why are you racist and don't think black people can afford things"

Opinion- "Voting to switch the mascot to the Landshark is funny because that was a SNL skit"
Response- "Why do you disrespect deceased army vets?

Opinion- "Jeff Simmons seems like a good kid who made a mistake and deserves a second chance"
Response- "So you condone men beating women"

I could keep going but you catch my drift. They take the most extreme, ridiculous stance to anything that isn't red and blue koolaide and paint whoever says it as a terrible human. And again, I'm not talking some anonymous fan on twitter, I'm talking people credentialed by Kyle Campbell and sit in the media room at Vaught Hemingway.

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2017, 03:43 PM
They're card carrying idiots.

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 04:06 PM
And who says brainwashing doesn't work.

Reason2succeed
09-20-2017, 04:08 PM
They are gaslighting you. Hold on to your truth and reality and allow them to have theirs. Maintain your own serenity. You will never convince them because they are not interested in being convinced.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 04:17 PM
They are gaslighting you. Hold on to your truth and reality and allow them to have theirs. Maintain your own serenity. You will never convince them because they are not interested in being convinced.

The crazy thing is the sane ones are few and far between. The majority guzzle whatever yancy pours down their throat. Even if it doesn't come directly from yancy they all have the same warped reality.

BeastMan
09-20-2017, 04:19 PM

Oh I'm good and I typically chose not to engage in it. But you read Dan Wolken's mentions for example. It's full of the 3rd example I gave. It's fine to disagree with someone. You don't even have to like him. Whatever. But the jump to "you hate dead soldiers (I.e. Tony Fein)" is so crazy words cannot explain.

JoseBrown
09-20-2017, 04:21 PM
They're snowflakes. *** Well, they are coordinated and know exactly what they are doing so they ain't the snowflakes. Their readership that buys every word they say as the gospel are the 'snowflakes', and they are capitalizing off them. It's up to us to know the truth, laugh at them and point out when they are shitbirds.

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 04:23 PM

And the congregation said amen!

thf24
09-20-2017, 04:27 PM
In my observations they seem particularly quick to play the race card. Not just in response to the their football troubles, but pretty much any kind of criticism. I think it's projection.

Hot Rock
09-20-2017, 04:28 PM
I don't know these Ole Miss fans of which you speak. There were some "band-wagoneers" around here for awhile. They seem to be growing more scarce around these parts.

Dawgology
09-20-2017, 04:46 PM
There is a trend among some Ole Miss fans and their fan media to respond to any dissenting opinion with the most absurd possible reply they can muster. When fans do it I just shake my head but when their media does this, I just cannot wrap my head around rational humans being so stupid. Examples:

Opinion- "It is odd Tunsil's family picked up and moved to a much bigger house in Oxford"

Opinion- "Voting to switch the mascot to the Landshark is funny because that was a SNL skit"

Opinion- "Jeff Simmons seems like a good kid who made a mistake and deserves a second chance"

I could keep going but you catch my drift. They take the most extreme, ridiculous stance to anything that isn't red and blue koolaide and paint whoever says it as a terrible human. And again, I'm not talking some anonymous fan on twitter, I'm talking people credentialed by Kyle Campbell and sit in the media room at Vaught Hemingway.

I don't understand the above statement. What?

LC Dawg
09-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Ole Miss fans, in their attacks on Steve Robertson, call him a drug addict. Could you imagine the response if State fans, while responding to Rebels defending the landshark, pointed out that Tony Fein died of a drug overdose?
For the record I am not advocating this because I am not a shitty human being and I hate seeing drugs ruin lives.
It would be impossible to be part of a fan base that is as irrational as they are as a whole.

gravedigger
09-20-2017, 05:02 PM

Because if they dont turn it on you for saying it, they see it as a self admission that they support a religiously hypocritical, athlete exploiting, shallow, sore recruiting loser of a school.

Its the only way to deflect what they know is true. They supported a weak snake oil salesman. They bought a family for the services of their son. They have abandoned their traditions for a comedy skit joke and they cant understand why they get the kids that jump out of windows and we get the real difference maker.

To sum it up, they know their all out plan just wasnt worth the price they are about to pay.

mstatefan91
09-20-2017, 05:15 PM
It's a straw man tactic

bulldogsmsu
09-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George Carlin

BeastMan
09-20-2017, 05:44 PM
I don't understand the above statement. What?

Tony Fein who played for Ole Miss is the first person to throw up the landshark for them on defense. It was in the 08 Florida game I think. The one they beat Tebow and he had the famous presser where he cried. Fein went on to join some branch of the armed forces and die in combat. He's a damn hero. Not many people outside of hardcore OM fans know that story and I'm probably messing up a detail or 2. So, if you criticize the Landshark jesture or the Landshark as a mascot, you hate the armed forces and are disrespecting the memory of a deceased veteran.

Turfdawg67
09-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Because if they dont turn it on you for saying it, they see it as a self admission that they support a religiously hypocritical, athlete exploiting, shallow, sore recruiting loser of a school.

Its the only way to deflect what they know is true. They supported a weak snake oil salesman. They bought a family for the services of their son. They have abandoned their traditions for a comedy skit joke and they cant understand why they get the kids that jump out of windows and we get the real difference maker.

To sum it up, they know their all out plan just wasnt worth the price they are about to pay.

https://s26.postimg.org/ew1w4xsc9/IMG_2570.jpg

"You use your mouth better than a $20 whore."

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Fein went on to join some branch of the armed forces and die in combat.

Not quite.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4540735

http://www.djournal.com/sports/coroner-fein-s-death-an-accidental-overdose/article_ff07bd8b-e777-5205-80b2-b6cb257a78ed.html

Todd4State
09-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Ole Miss fans have been doing this my entire life. It's why I refrain from talking sports with them unless they are female.

BeastMan
09-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Not quite.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4540735

http://www.djournal.com/sports/coroner-fein-s-death-an-accidental-overdose/article_ff07bd8b-e777-5205-80b2-b6cb257a78ed.html

To my defense I said I'm probably getting some details wrong. I still stand by my statement that he's a hero. Anyone who serves in our armed forces is imo

TUSK
09-20-2017, 06:50 PM

this all sounds familiar.... hmmmmmmm?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-20-2017, 06:56 PM
To my defense I said I'm probably getting some details wrong. I still stand by my statement that he's a hero. Anyone who serves in our armed forces is imo

I am not disagreeing with you that he is not a hero. Anyone who has served in combat is.

klc90
09-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Nah, not all of us are heroes. I served 28 years and met many who were not. They may have served, but they weren't a hero. Fein was probably like many former war time vets, an adrenalin junky.
And after football, when he couldn't get that adrenalin high, he turned to drugs. In his case opiods and Xanax. He was likely a great guy, and battled some monsters. But he was just a guy in the end.

Coach34
09-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Nah, not all of us are heroes. I served 28 years and met many who were not. They may have served, but they weren't a hero. Fein was probably like many former war time vets, an adrenalin junky.
And after football, when he couldn't get that adrenalin high, he turned to drugs. In his case opiods and Xanax. He was likely a great guy, and battled some monsters. But he was just a guy in the end.

Quality take here. Good job

Dolphus Raymond
09-20-2017, 09:07 PM
I still haven't gotten my arm around how joking about a landshark mascot disrespects a deceased service member. I'm sure some Ole Miss fan could enlighten me. Zv2 maybe?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-20-2017, 09:14 PM
They're known for lawyers and "journalists"...enough said

Jack Lambert
09-20-2017, 09:26 PM
And who says brainwashing doesn't work.

It generationa of family passing on Syphilis to the next generation.

Political Hack
09-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Ole Miss fans, in their attacks on Steve Robertson, call him a drug addict. Could you imagine the response if State fans, while responding to Rebels defending the landshark, pointed out that Tony Fein died of a drug overdose?
For the record I am not advocating this because I am not a shitty human being and I hate seeing drugs ruin lives.
It would be impossible to be part of a fan base that is as irrational as they are as a whole.

Heard Mr Not A Fan made reference to Steve's drug related history the other day on twitter. It's amazing that these people are credentialed to be a part of anything, much less as someone credentialed for the purpose of communicating news to the public. And he uses his platform for stuff like that?

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 09:58 PM
It generationa of family passing on Syphilis to the next generation.

I'm almost starting to believe it is something like. Syphilis, inbreeding something because that bunch is some of the most psychotic, neurotic and irrational people I've ever seen!

Howboutdemdogs
09-21-2017, 09:17 AM
They are the Antifas and Libertards of all of college football.

Turfdawg67
09-21-2017, 09:36 AM
They are the Antifas and Libertards of all of college football.

What gave it away? The protests after Obama was elected?

Their administration may be, but the student body is the opposite of "libertards and antifas". I'm only guessing here, but I suspect that, politically, there's a lot of common ground between you and OM people.

aldawgbite
09-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Actually Tony Fein was a veteran that played for TSUN and died a few years ago from a drug over dose.