PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up burner phone article from Gary Segars

DancingRabbit
09-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Will there be NOA #3?

http://winningcureseverything.com/ole-miss-vs-ncaa-sworn-affidavit-claims-freeze-used-burner-phones-for-recruits/

Jack Lambert
09-20-2017, 10:55 AM
That's a good Question. What would the NCAA do?

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 10:58 AM
ole miss the gift that keeps on giving! How many rotten layers are they gonna uncover? It seems like when you peel off one layer, there's another rotten layer just waiting. It seems endless. They've gotten themselves into quite the little pickle up there.

Dawgtini
09-20-2017, 11:02 AM
i'd have to say, yeah.

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2017, 11:03 AM
NCAA: We'll never hand out another death penalty.

TSUN: Hold my beer.

louisvilledawg
09-20-2017, 11:07 AM

TSUN: Hold my Codeine and Sprite.

FIFY

Leeshouldveflanked
09-20-2017, 11:18 AM
His podcast with Not A Fan was epic.

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 11:33 AM
I told folks that there were burner phones and prostitutes a year ago and people LAUGHED now who is laughing....

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2017, 11:35 AM
So when does Mars give a check to Elite Dawgs? I believe we have been discussing the burner phones rumors on here for a while. You're welcome Houston Nutt.

TXDawg
09-20-2017, 11:37 AM
The best part of this is the NAFOOM posters who keep saying that since burner phones weren't in the first two NOA's and that the COI's already met, then there's nothing to this.

I guess they don't understand the concept of additional violations being uncovered after the original investigation was complete and that the NCAA can hit them with a 3rd NOA.

Dolphus Raymond
09-20-2017, 11:51 AM
The depth and breadth of the corruption that surrounds the Ole Miss football program is incredible. If the NCAA is forced to open yet another investigation into the Ole Miss football program, the death penalty will no doubt be on the table.

Reason2succeed
09-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Would a 3rd NOA put them in repeat violator status?

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Yes, a 3rd NOA would put them in the repeat violator status.... There more information than just the cell phones still to come out...

Dark Dark days ahead for OM....

Really Clark?
09-20-2017, 12:05 PM

It's when the violations occur not the number of NOA. Repeat offender would be triggered for violations after Oct 2016, when basketball and track went on probation.

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 12:09 PM
It's when the violations occur not the number of NOA. Repeat offender would be triggered for violations after Oct 2016, when basketball and track went on probation.

So the date would not be after the Close of the January 29, 2016, NOA?

yjnkdawg
09-20-2017, 12:10 PM
DELETE

DovaDawg
09-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Someone in my office brought up an interesting suggestion. With the headache it would cause to death penalty UM, what if they removed all scholarships for say three years? If you qualified for academic scholarship, you would be allowed to utilize it as not to punish those who were due, but all other athletes would be non-scholarship. It would eliminate the need to reschedule games, etc. Bowl ban, win forfeiture, no tv revenues, and removal of schlorships would be effective without imposing hardship on other schools for scheduling.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2017, 12:12 PM

Only for stuff that happened after their track and WBB programs went on probation.

1bigdawg
09-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Before SMU got the death penalty, they got a 25 scholarship reduction for one year and 15 the next. That may have been during to era of a 30 per year limit.

1bigdawg
09-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Only for stuff that happened after their track and WBB programs went on probation.

One, I don't think there is an NCAA rule that a school has to be a repeat violator. Two, cheating while the investigation is going on might qualify in the eyes of the COI.

Really Clark?
09-20-2017, 12:18 PM
So the date would not be after the Close of the January 29, 2016, NOA?

No. They time starts when a sport (any sport at a school) is officially on probation when the COI gives their final report.

Political Hack
09-20-2017, 12:20 PM
So when does Mars give a check to Elite Dawgs? I believe we have been discussing the burner phones rumors on here for a while. You're welcome Houston Nutt.

Elitedawgs rumor that the NCAA is in town? Yep.

Elitedawgs rumor that Freeze has some infidelity questions surrounding him? Yep.

Elitedawgs rumors of burner phones? Yep.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-20-2017, 12:25 PM
I've wondered all along if the NCAA was holding some things back just to bring them out a year or so later to cause them to have repeat offender status. Those sneaky devils.

Really Clark?
09-20-2017, 12:27 PM
One, I don't think there is an NCAA rule that a school has to be a repeat violator. Two, cheating while the investigation is going on might qualify in the eyes of the COI.

Per NCAA:

"What is the ?death penalty??
The repeat-violator legislation (?death penalty?) is applicable to an institution if, within a five-year period, the following conditions exist:

Following the announcement of a major case, a major violation occurs and

The second violation occurred within five years of the starting date of the penalty assessed in the first case. The second major case does not have to be in the same sport as the previous case to affect the second sport."

They do have legislation and procedures on the death penalty

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Someone in my office brought up an interesting suggestion. With the headache it would cause to death penalty UM, what if they removed all scholarships for say three years? If you qualified for academic scholarship, you would be allowed to utilize it as not to punish those who were due, but all other athletes would be non-scholarship. It would eliminate the need to reschedule games, etc. Bowl ban, win forfeiture, no tv revenues, and removal of schlorships would be effective without imposing hardship on other schools for scheduling.

They would just get 4 stars an academic schollie similar to Vaught having guys with rowing scholarships. They would just cheat around it.

TXDawg
09-20-2017, 01:02 PM

So, does their payment to SA39 qualify as repeat offender? I don't know the exact timeline, but didn't that occur after Oct 2016?

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Per NCAA:

"What is the ?death penalty??
The repeat-violator legislation (?death penalty?) is applicable to an institution if, within a five-year period, the following conditions exist:

Following the announcement of a major case, a major violation occurs and

The second violation occurred within five years of the starting date of the penalty assessed in the first case. The second major case does not have to be in the same sport as the previous case to affect the second sport."

They do have legislation and procedures on the death penalty

Wasn't there rumors of another violation that happened with the last recruiting class?

Saltydog
09-20-2017, 01:04 PM
by now something would have surfaced, but nothing yet.............

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Elitedawgs rumor that the NCAA is in town? Yep.

Elitedawgs rumor that Freeze has some infidelity questions surrounding him? Yep.

Elitedawgs rumors of burner phones? Yep.

Left one off Sir, Prostitutes for Freeze and recruits.....

Really Clark?
09-20-2017, 01:06 PM
So, does their payment to SA39 qualify as repeat offender? I don't know the exact timeline, but didn't that occur after Oct 2016?

No. Leo signed long before that

Really Clark?
09-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Wasn't there rumors of another violation that happened with the last recruiting class?

The 2017 class? A couple of rumors but honestly one of the players had been tied up a long time. Luke supposedly committed possible Level 2 or 3 for the flip of that New Hope player. But that one may depend on how bad that they would classify that violation.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 01:14 PM
The 2017 class? A couple of rumors but honestly one of the players had been tied up a long time. Luke supposedly committed possible Level 2 or 3 for the flip of that New Hope player. But that one may depend on how bad that they would classify that violation.

Maybe it was the 2016 class while the NCAA was on campus.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2017, 01:22 PM

I suspect that 2016 class will have an opportunity to transfer.

JoseBrown
09-20-2017, 01:37 PM
I've wondered all along if the NCAA was holding some things back just to bring them out a year or so later to cause them to have repeat offender status. Those sneaky colluding devils.

Fify

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 01:42 PM

You are correct about Lukie at New Hope... OM Booster and a teacher at New Hope.... They pulled crap at SHS and WP also... WP crap was stopped... Might want to talk to a guy from WP that is an OM Booster about what he has been up too.... Others on here know who these people are.... Lukie is dirty with very dirty hands.....

Back up a year and you will find lukie's hands in the candy jar again.....

shannondawg
09-20-2017, 01:47 PM

+1. I tried!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 again.

shannondawg
09-20-2017, 01:52 PM
You are correct about Lukie at New Hope... OM Booster and a teacher at New Hope.... They pulled crap at SHS and WP also... WP crap was stopped... Might want to talk to a guy from WP that is an OM Booster about what he has been up too.... Others on here know who these people are.... Lukie is dirty with very dirty hands.....

You talking about the distributor of round little pebbles by a internal combustion engine attached to a 8 wheeled vehicle?

MSUDAWGFAN
09-20-2017, 01:56 PM
I've wondered all along if the NCAA was holding some things back just to bring them out a year or so later to cause them to have repeat offender status. That sneaky DAN MULLEN.

FIFY.

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 02:03 PM

BOTH CLASSES... 2016 and 2017... 2016 signing day was after the cut off date of the NOA.... A certain recruit received his car in March 2016....

Mimi's Babies
09-20-2017, 02:04 PM
You talking about the distributor of round little pebbles by a internal combustion engine attached to a 8 wheeled vehicle?

BINGO..... Shannondawg.... and that flat black stuff poured on the ground.... lets not leave out the one who likes to call in sick -- and end up on the same golf course as the boss... haha can you say fired....

+1 I tried.... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to shannondawg again.

WSOPdawg
09-20-2017, 05:58 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 again.