Apoplectic
09-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Our bulldogs and the 4th was wavering at the end

Jack Lambert
09-19-2017, 09:20 PM
I think all of them picked Bulldogs. :)

MSUMatt
09-19-2017, 09:52 PM
We are a trendy pick. If they had beaten ND last week vs two weeks ago it would go the other way. Either way, I think it's a war Saturday night.

Political Hack
09-19-2017, 10:32 PM
We're more physical than them and hit way harder. Only question is, can they do it on the road without the energy from the crowd?

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2017, 10:37 PM
We're more physical than them and hit way harder. Only question is, can they do it on the road without the energy from the crowd?

Our DL vs their OL is the biggest mis-match for either team in the game.

Political Hack
09-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Yep. They're going to get brutalized with either a young freshman QB or a guy coming back from a knee sprain. That spells potential disaster for them. I also think we can run the football on any team in America. I've never felt that way before.

Herby just said that auburn "& maybe Mississippi State" may be the only challenge to Bama this year.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Yep. They're going to get brutalized with either a young freshman QB or a guy coming back from a knee sprain. That spells potential disaster for them. I also think we can run the football on any team in America. I've never felt that way before.

Herby just said that auburn "& maybe Mississippi State" may be the only challenge to Bama this year.

Agree. If we can run it Saturday night, we are going places.

I bet we get a defensive score in this game.

To add: I think we may be able to run it but we'll have to run it differently than we did vs LSU. As Matt Wyatt's video showed, LSU really struggled to set the edge which allowed us to violate the outside.

My guess is that UGA will specifically prepare for that and we'll have to scheme them in a different way.

BulldogBear
09-19-2017, 11:07 PM
I think all of them picked Bulldogs. :)

Nothing gets by Jack!

Todd4State
09-20-2017, 12:07 AM

I think that's where playing Louisiana Tech in Ruston might help. That atmosphere was not exactly "lit". And we got down 9-0. But while Georgia will obviously be more hostile, it's at least something that our guys have a little bit of experience with.

NCDawg
09-20-2017, 12:45 AM

To add: I think we may be able to run it but we'll have to run it differently than we did vs LSU. As Matt Wyatt's video showed, LSU really struggled to set the edge which allowed us to violate the outside.

My guess is that UGA will specifically prepare for that and we'll have to scheme them in a different way.

They may do like Denver did Dallas- stack the box and make Fitz beat them throwing the ball.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2017, 06:39 AM
They may do like Denver did Dallas- stack the box and make Fitz beat them throwing the ball.

Of course they will but it is more difficult than that. LSU stacked the box as well and it didnt matter.

Additionally, Fitz's improvement in the short to intermediate passing game makes stacking the box risky.

TE may be wide open.

MarketingBully
09-20-2017, 08:14 AM
Our DL vs their OL is the biggest mis-match for either team in the game.

If our D-line plays like they did against LSU, we should dominate their OL and possibly shut their offense down. Their OL is not very good.

MarketingBully
09-20-2017, 08:28 AM

I’d do that against their QB. They only want him to throw the ball 13-15 times a game and their OL is shit. Our front seven will dictate this game.

Political Hack
09-20-2017, 08:30 AM
I think that's where playing Louisiana Tech in Ruston might help. That atmosphere was not exactly "lit". And we got down 9-0. But while Georgia will obviously be more hostile, it's at least something that our guys have a little bit of experience with.

Athens is a little more golf clap and a little less rowdy IMO. I been to games there when GameDay was in town and it was still just meh... it'll be better than LaTech obviously, especially from a noise standpoint, but it's not like Starkville or Tiger Stadium where teams can feel the walls closing in on them.

MarketingBully
09-20-2017, 08:33 AM

They failed to set the edge because our OL dominated them. Stewart Reese and Daryl Williams were bad asses Saturday. The improvement from Week 1 to Week 3 Reese made was the biggest jump I have seen on film of an OL in a while.

smootness
09-20-2017, 08:39 AM

Denver also has quite possibly one of the best CB tandems to ever play. UGA's corners are good, but they're not that good.

smootness
09-20-2017, 08:41 AM
They failed to set the edge because our OL dominated them. Stewart Reese and Daryl Williams were bad asses Saturday. The improvement from Week 1 to Week 3 Reese made was the biggest jump I have seen on film of an OL in a while.

Also, some of the plays in which LSU was shown not to set the edge, like the run where Aeris bounced it outside to the right and the LSU corner dove inside, were plays in which there would have been a clear hole if they had set the edge. On that play specifically, if the corner had kept better contain on the outside, Aeris had a clear hole with a lead blocker inside the RT. Which is exactly why the corner dove inside - he saw the same hole. Just a good play call, good blocking, and good vision from Aeris. Not much you can do about it.

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Denver also has quite possibly one of the best CB tandems to ever play. UGA's corners are good, but they're not that good.

This! The weakest part of uga defense is their secondary. Front 7 very good but the backend is suspect. Also people been stacking the box against for quite awhile now. Fitz seen it before.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Of course they will but it is more difficult than that. LSU stacked the box as well and it didnt matter.

Additionally, Fitz's improvement in the short to intermediate passing game makes stacking the box risky.

TE may be wide open.

It also makes TD to Mixon or Deddrick happen. A LB or safety that has been getting blocked all night doesn't notice that someone blocks and releases for a wide open pass play. If Fitz keeps developing his touch on passes then he could be the most dangerous man in college football. He already runs like Cam Newton with more top end speed. It takes 2 guys to bring him down and then he can also run by them.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 08:48 AM

Dallas WR never got separation the entire game. Every catch by a WR was pretty much contested. Whitten got more targets than normal just because he wasn't covered by those corners.

Pollodawg
09-20-2017, 09:17 AM

Herbie loves some MSU. But it blows my mind why people think Auburn is a good team.

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Athens is a little more golf clap and a little less rowdy IMO. I been to games there when GameDay was in town and it was still just meh... it'll be better than LaTech obviously, especially from a noise standpoint, but it's not like Starkville or Tiger Stadium where teams can feel the walls closing in on them.

I'm glad someone else dosen't think Athens isn't all that from a gameday experience. I don't find anything about it intimidating. They are probably the quietest 90,000+ seat stadium in the SEC

TrapGame
09-20-2017, 10:09 AM
If our D-line plays like they did against LSU, we should dominate their OL and possibly shut their offense down. Their OL is not very good.

Did you see Smart get asked a tough question about the OL issues yesterday? He answered the question like a dick. Evidently the OL performance is a worry for Saturday.

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm glad someone else dosen't think Athens isn't all that from a gameday experience. I don't find anything about it intimidating. They are probably the quietest 90,000+ seat stadium in the SEC

Alabama, except when they pipe in crowd noise over the upper deck loudspeakers. Anyone that has sat up there for a game, you know what I am talking about.

MarketingBully
09-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Did you see Smart get asked a tough question about the OL issues yesterday? He answered the question like a dick. Evidently the OL performance is a worry for Saturday.

It should be and their weakest part of their OL is their interior line which is where Jeffrey Simmons will be. As I stated earlier if our DL plays like it did against LSU, we will shut their offense down.

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 12:31 PM
It's amazing with all the 4 and 5 stars that uga gets that their ol has been below average the last couple years.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 01:05 PM
It should be and their weakest part of their OL is their interior line which is where Jeffrey Simmons will be. As I stated earlier if our DL plays like it did against LSU, we will shut their offense down.

It doesn't matter how good a RB is if the Oline can't block.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2017, 01:08 PM
It's amazing with all the 4 and 5 stars that uga gets that their ol has been below average the last couple years.

UGA, A&M, and (UF on offense) can do less with more. They all seem to get 4 and 5 stars but can't even get them to play like 3 stars whereas Dan gets 3 stars to play like 5.

MarketingBully
09-20-2017, 05:26 PM

OL is the hardest position to get right in recruiting stars in high school and is often wrong. How can you project kids in high school that are often redshirted and often will gain 30-40 pounds to fill out? You can’t. In fact the only ones you can rank and have as sure fires are players that already weigh the 300+ like Tunsil, Little, and Robinson. Even then it’s guess work.

Commercecomet24
09-20-2017, 05:29 PM
OL is the hardest position to get right in recruiting stars in high school and is often wrong. How can you project kids in high school that are often redshirted and often will gain 30-40 pounds to fill out? You can’t. In fact the only ones you can rank and have as sure fires are players that already weigh the 300+ like Tunsil, Little, and Robinson. Even then it’s guess work.

Exactly! They're the hardest for sure. Harder than qbs.

Turfdawg67
09-20-2017, 05:55 PM
My goodness... UGA's OL stinks, their DBs stink and the QB is green. Where o' where is Random to defend UGA's honor and all those top 10 recruiting classes?!? Don't know if I like this overconfident MSU fanbase but... and I hope it doesn't happen, if we lose the meltdown will be epic!

MSUDawg99
09-20-2017, 08:04 PM

Did no one see AUB vs Mercer last wknd? They were awful! I was most worried about them among these 3 games. Now I'm leaning towards Georgia being hardest of the 3. But I still see us winning.

Political Hack
09-20-2017, 10:07 PM
Did no one see AUB vs Mercer last wknd? They were awful! I was most worried about them among these 3 games. Now I'm leaning towards Georgia being hardest of the 3. But I still see us winning.

He was making the point that they've got to get things straight because they may be the only challenge to bama. They were talking about whether anyone can challenge Bama. Auburn and us were the only two Herby mentioned and they were both "maybe."

Gandawg
09-20-2017, 11:22 PM

Incorrect. Athens will be loud. It will not be golf clap.

biggun
09-21-2017, 12:20 AM

Agree. Watched us play Georgia "Between the Hedges" in 2011 and the atmosphere was pretty tame despite Georgia dominating the game pretty much from beginning to end. Late arriving crowd, Granted it was a 12 eastern kickoff but still no excuse for the stadium being a little more than half full at kick and for the level of crowd noise more fitting for a tennis match rather than an SEC football game. They left early too and I know it was a blowout but with all the students streaming out at half, I thought I was in Oxford

Political Hack
09-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Incorrect. Athens will be loud. It will not be golf clap.

It'll be louder than most stadiums. It's just not the same as Davis Wade or Tiger Stadium.

Just like Tennessee is loud, but it's not rowdy. There's a huge difference.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Downvote.

Offshore Dawg
09-21-2017, 09:07 AM
I don't think these Georgia fans posting smack realize that was not their fathers ND that they beat.