Bucky Dog
09-19-2017, 07:07 PM
It's not that hard! That is all!

BeardoMSU
09-19-2017, 07:08 PM
No shit.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Yep, no need to allow their game on our boards.

BulldogBear
09-19-2017, 07:13 PM
<<<<<<<Another who agrees here

Kyper
09-19-2017, 07:14 PM
While we hate seeing it, its a valid topic because the national media is rolling it out.

Its going to be interesting to watch though and I can't wait- Does Mullen stay with the team and go for his best chance to win a title at State in 2018? Or does he bolt for a bigger program and more resources with a good year here in 2017? Valid question as we roll thru 2017

Mobile Bay
09-19-2017, 07:17 PM
I agree. If it is something worth discussing, we can discuss it after the egg bowl.

RocketDawg
09-19-2017, 07:20 PM
While we hate seeing it, its a valid topic because the national media is rolling it out.

Its going to be interesting to watch though and I can't wait- Does Mullen stay with the team and go for his best chance to win a title at State in 2018? Or does he bolt for a bigger program and more resources with a good year here in 2017? Valid question as we roll thru 2017

It may be a valid topic, but it's only speculation of the "national media" writers with an agenda. Dan himself hasn't addressed the issue other than to say he's happy and doesn't intend to go anywhere. And that's a good enough reason to delete such posts, or at the least only give them mention in passing. Why don't the national writers speculate on whether Saban is leaving every time he wins, or Myer? Their speculation gets old after a while ... it's not news.

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Does this thread now need to be locked and deleted?

Mimi's Babies
09-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Don't feed the black bears.... They are about to eat burner phones....

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Don't feed the black bears.... They are about to eat burner phones....

Heard those in life proof cases are a little chewy, too.

TUSK
09-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Yeah! What he said!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/01/Antifalogo.svg/2000px-Antifalogo.svg.png

Oops... wrong board....

Bucky Dog
09-19-2017, 08:05 PM

That's the point! Don't go there!!

Bucky Dog
09-19-2017, 08:06 PM
I agree. If it is something worth discussing, we can discuss it after the egg bowl.

No! Not even then. That's what can kill recruiting. Y'all are missing the point.

Perpetual Underachiever
09-19-2017, 08:13 PM
<<<<<<<Another who agrees here

I second the motion. Absolutely nothing to discuss. Couple BS clickbait articles and people think the sky is falling. DM already has an ELITE job, making top 10 money, in the greatest division of the greatest conference, in a town he loves, with an administration that has his back, and currently has his extremely young team competing for a conference championship. Dennis Dodd can EAD!

Dawgface
09-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Does this thread now need to be locked and deleted?

Yep.

Mimi's Babies
09-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Heard those in life proof cases are a little chewy, too.

Those little black phones will get you every time...... Oh and don't key in the recruiters name or phone number.

turkish
09-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Is it not a problem that one mod would love to help Mullen pack?

TUSK
09-19-2017, 08:49 PM
Is it not a problem that one mod would love to help Mullen pack?

I think you misinterpreted his meaning... it was a compliment to YDL....

Acid mouth
09-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Why would he go anywhere? He's built a good program, HIS program, and makes nearly 5mil a year. He finally has a level playing field recruiting in MS. His family likes Starkville. Hell, he should qualify for state retirement soon.

StoneDawg
09-19-2017, 09:04 PM
It's not that hard! That is all!

Agreed

yjnkdawg
09-19-2017, 09:49 PM
I agree with Bucky Dog. By spreading this speculative crap, these posters are doing exactly what the media who wrote the articles want. They want hits and subscriptions if they have paid subscriptions. So congratulations to those who in their infinite wisdom want to help these media sources, who have no more clue what Dan is going to do than anybody else does. It is all speculation. All it can accomplish is possibly hurting our football program, because theire are those outside of MSU, who will use anything they can to try and destroy our football or athletic programs.

Political Hack
09-19-2017, 10:28 PM
I don't know why anyone is still worried about this in the least. It's every year, yet he's still here with his family making mint at a school with lower expectations and more rational fan base (W/L's) than any other SEC school. And he's top 10-15 paid. There are only a handful of teams that can spend with us, most of which are in the SEC. And the SEC hasn't allowed an SEC head coach to be hired away from another SEC school in probably close to 20 years. The math doesn't add up. It's incredibly low odds that those stars align with such limited upward mobility. Uneducated people, e.g., national writers, who don't know and understand how much money MSU football is bringing in don't understand that. They still think we're a pre-ESPN money middle-of-the-pack school. We're not. So kick your feet up, relax, and enjoy beating the hell out of Georgia this weekend. We don't get to enjoy many runs like the one we're about to have!

Commercecomet24
09-19-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't know why anyone is still worried about this in the least. It's every year, yet he's still here with his family making mint at a school with lower expectations and more rational fan base (W/L's) than any other SEC school. And he's top 10-15 paid. There are only a handful of teams that can spend with us, most of which are in the SEC. And the SEC hasn't allowed an SEC head coach to be hired away from another SEC school in probably close to 20 years. The math doesn't add up. It's incredibly low odds that those stars align with such limited upward mobility. Uneducated people, e.g., national writers, who don't know and understand how much money MSU football is bringing in don't understand that. They still think we're a pre-ESPN money middle-of-the-pack school. We're not. So kick your feet up, relax, and enjoy beating the hell out of Georgia this weekend. We don't get to enjoy many runs like the one we're about to have!

Please post more, Hack! Great post and dead on accurate. It's not that hard to understand really but people don't seem to get it!

BulldogBear
09-19-2017, 10:43 PM
"You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours. Try again later."

Bucky Dog
09-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Like I said to start this thread. It's really not that hard. Just STFU and enjoy the ride. Quit being a bitch and talking about the what if's. he's a top 10 coach with top 10 pay. Don't be an idiot and start these stupid ass threads and repeat what Joe Blow reporter says.

Mods, do you job and lock the shit up as soon as it starts. No question!

Mobile Bay
09-20-2017, 06:16 AM

SEC coaches have hopped programs to another SEC school more recently than that. Houston Nutt hopped from Arkansas to TSUN only about 10 years ago.

BulldogBear
09-20-2017, 06:50 AM
SEC coaches have hopped programs to another SEC school more recently than that. Houston Nutt hopped from Arkansas to TSUN only about 10 years ago.

Not really the same thing. Arkansas got rid of him. THEN he went to UMiss.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2017, 08:14 AM

The Swine fired him first.

Political Hack
09-20-2017, 08:25 AM

Nutt was fired. The last one to be hired away was Tubs leaving Ole Miss in his pine box for Auburn. That was 1998.

Behrdawg
09-20-2017, 01:06 PM
To add onto Hack's post, any school that wants to hire Mullen will automatically be in $10m deep in the first year. They will have to pay his buyout AND match what he is making at MSU right now. Not many schools can or will do that.

A few things I know for a fact:
1) The Mullen's love Stark-Vegas
2) State can and WILL pay $6m a year to keep him here
3) Mullen thinks HIGHLY of his future opportunity at MSU
4) Ole Miss sucks

Stop worrying about this mess and get excited about the 2017 season....we are damn good boys.

was21
09-20-2017, 05:35 PM
second it