PDA

View Full Version : How good is Chris Jones?

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2013, 11:58 PM
I'll have my thoughts on the game tomorrow, but from a scouting perspective, my jaw was dropping tonight while watching Chris Jones play football.

I am under 30 and don't want to get over my skis, but Jones may the most talented football player I've ever seen wear the maroon and white, and that includes Fletcher Cox.

This guy hasn't even spent a winter in an SEC weight room yet and throws around o-linemen like rag dolls. I am dead serious, this guy is a monster that I've yet to see at DWS.

He'll only be here 3 years baring injury, but I can't wait to see what he looks his junior year.

msstate7
09-22-2013, 12:01 AM
I can't wait to see how good he looks by the OM game. He's getting better and better every game

Bothrops
09-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Chris Jones is better than Fletcher. Let him shed 15-20 pounds.

cheewgumm
09-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Thank god they didnt move him to DT like I predicted....sorry, not a complaining.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Chris Jones is better than Fletcher. Let him shed 15-20 pounds.

I agree with this. We may be watching a future #1 pick develop. And yes, this guy is that f-ing good.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Thank god they didnt move him to DT like I predicted....sorry, not a complaining.

He actually played both DT AND DE tonight, and looked great at both. Spent most of his time at DT, but I remember two consecutive plays where he got in the QB's face from the Left DE spot. He showed some tremendous quickness, and used his spin move on one play, and then just overpowered the guy on the next play. He was impressive all night long

thf24
09-22-2013, 12:07 AM
There was one play in which Jones simply put a hand on each of the blockers double-teaming him and drove them both into the pocket at a crisp jogging pace. He's definitely a freak athlete like we've never seen suit up for us before.

cheewgumm
09-22-2013, 12:08 AM
That's great to hear. I look forward to seeing it.

Bothrops
09-22-2013, 12:18 AM
If you watch him closely you will see that he's a freak. He smashes guards with ease and is still in there to make a tackle. He is unbelievably strong. Remember he's 18.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 12:22 AM
If you watch him closely you will see that he's a freak. He smashes guards with ease and is still in there to make a tackle. He is unbelievably strong. Remember he's 18.

And something else I love about the guy...

He always plays to the whistle. I saw him trailing several plays tonight and running from the complete opposite side of the field to try and get in on a tackle. He seems to have a decent motor for a young guy...especially a LARGE, young guy. If he will keep playing hard and working hard, the sky is the limit for the guy

msstate7
09-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Wish CJ would wear off on quay

preachermatt83
09-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Wish CJ would wear off on quay

watch the game film close and you will see that quay's playing time was very productive. he was very disruptive tonight

blacklistedbully
09-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Robert who??

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Our DL will be disgusting next year.

Coach 57
09-22-2013, 08:05 AM
I told you people right before we went to Texas. This kid has the potential to be the greatest DL I have ever seen wear maroon. The thing I like is how mature he is on the field and how guys like Quay and others are ACTUALLY gravitating towards him. I saw where Preston was getting in the face of #60 of Troy & Chris snatched Preston away & got up in his face about after the play garbage. This guy is a leader & an absolute baller! My favorite player to watch this year no doubt. You guys keep watching the QB I'm watching greatness on every down he's in there. Heard where Collins said they need to find more ways to get him on the field. I guess moving him to the 30 DE spot is what he meant.