PDA

View Full Version : "That loss was what they needed"

Jack Lambert
09-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Some Ole Miss guy was saying that last night in the GYM. I just shook my head. They can't beat Cal who in the SEC will they beat?

TrapGame
09-19-2017, 11:13 AM
That's exactly what Chuck was saying on the radio last night. He must have been parroting him.

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2017, 11:18 AM
A loss is a good thing. Cal is going to rue beating them.

MetEdDawg
09-19-2017, 11:33 AM
Losses can be good. But when they come to what should have been an inferior PAC 12 team, you really just have to admit you suck.

I like watching them squirm. Everything they do is magnified by the fact the NCAA is going to hammer them, so they overreact. They are pumping so much sunshine to their people and it's hilarious.

I wonder how many losses it takes before it's bad or not ok to lose. I would prefer to never lose honestly.

IMissJack
09-19-2017, 11:44 AM
I think it depends on how you lose that determines if a loss was "good for you" or not. Not scoring a point in 9 or 10 possessions, and getting out physicaled by a finesse Pac 12 team doesn't seem like the type that would be good.

Pollodawg
09-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Shea Shea has checked out. You have to think he plays it soft be Bama. He ain't trying to get killled before he can transfer. He's such a waste on that team.

PassInterference
09-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Shea ain't checked out. He's a new QB with a handful of starts trying to carry the team in his back in a poorly-schemed offense that gets little defensive support. He's probably trying harder than anybody.

It won't be enough. Ole Miss is done. They're gonna be an embarrassment before mid year gets here. Maybe 3 or 4 wins or so by season's end. Maybe less.

The Federalist Engineer
09-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Shea Shea has checked out. You have to think he plays it soft be Bama. He ain't trying to get killled before he can transfer. He's such a waste on that team.

Doesn't he owe the Ole Miss boosters for his brother's job and for all those Detroit prostitutes?

I must be old fashion, but I could not accept all those illegal benefits and not produce. His bag man will be outraged.

If this is true, he is worse than Kapernut

Pollodawg
09-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Shea ain't checked out. He's a new QB with a handful of starts trying to carry the team in his back in a poorly-schemed offense that gets little defensive support. He's probably trying harder than anybody.

It won't be enough. Ole Miss is done. They're gonna be an embarrassment before mid year gets here. Maybe 3 or 4 wins or so by season's end. Maybe less.

Even several OM fans admit that he looked like a man with one foot out the door Saturday.

smootness
09-19-2017, 12:21 PM
They're probably going to lose their next 4 and be sitting at 2-5. They'll all likely quit before the end of that stretch.

LC Dawg
09-19-2017, 12:59 PM
If a loss is what they need then they should be happy because they are about to get a lot of what they need.

Doggie_Style
09-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Some Ole Miss guy was saying that last night in the GYM. I just shook my head. They can't beat Cal who in the SEC will they beat?

Yup, the BlackBear-MudSharks are 'woke' now, Look Out.......beloooooooooooooooooow!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-19-2017, 01:16 PM

Don't be surprised if he develops a mysterious injury between now and then and checks out. If not in the next couple weeks, he will after they lose the next 6 games.

fader2103
09-19-2017, 01:24 PM
A loss is only good for a team that is a championship contender (early in the season) UM doesn't fit this bill. They are wanting to play spoilers well that means they should be wanting to play spoiler for every team that is eligible to compete for a bowl position. A loss to Cal isn't good for this team, just more spin from the spin doctors

Martianlander
09-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Hope they have "good" losses the rest of their games.

mstatefan91
09-19-2017, 01:39 PM
A loss is only good for a team that is a championship contender (early in the season) UM doesn't fit this bill. They are wanting to play spoilers well that means they should be wanting to play spoiler for every team that is eligible to compete for a bowl position. A loss to Cal isn't good for this team, just more spin from the spin doctors
A loss to Cal isn't good for any team.

Dawg61
09-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Shae hasn't checked out yet. He is #2 in the country in passing yards. Him and the WRs are almost the entire team though and that's not enough vs P5 teams.

Turfdawg67
09-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Just like the initial NCAA investigation was "a good thing"!

Leeshouldveflanked
09-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Shaw's ready to Boomer Sooner.....

TrapGame
09-19-2017, 04:12 PM
I believe Chuck said Luke told the team after the game that these things happen, now let's move on.

Looks like motivational speaking is Luke's specialty.

BeastMan
09-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Thats why I don't talk to people in the gym. Headphones and a mean mug. Lift and go home.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Thats why I don't talk to people in the gym. Headphones and a mean mug. Lift and go home.

I wasn't talking. I just over heard two of them talking. I don't talk in the gym too much.

BeastMan
09-19-2017, 05:01 PM
I wasn't talking. I just over heard two of them talking. I don't talk in the gym too much.

Bet they were on that machine were you squeeze your thighs together.

Spiderman
09-19-2017, 05:39 PM
That's exactly what Chuck was saying on the radio last night. He must have been parroting him.

Not a good look for Cal

Spiderman
09-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Losses can be good. But when they come to what should have been an inferior PAC 12 team, you really just have to admit you suck.

I like watching them squirm. Everything they do is magnified by the fact the NCAA is going to hammer them, so they overreact. They are pumping so much sunshine to their people and it's hilarious.

I wonder how many losses it takes before it's bad or not ok to lose. I would prefer to never lose honestly.

There is no such thing as, and will never be a "good" loss.

No loss is good. Ever

BossDawg
09-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Don't forget, they don't have a post-season to play for either. Wonder when that reality will hit them.

RocketDawg
09-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Don't be surprised if he develops a mysterious injury between now and then and checks out. If not in the next couple weeks, he will after they lose the next 6 games.

Yeah, you're probably right. I immediately thought of the Texas QB (Colt somebody) whose daddy pulled him out of the national championship game with Alabama so he wouldn't be injured. There seems to be some parallels with Shea, his dad, and Colt. And I'm not sure I blame them ... he's a really good talent. Why risk it with the current state at Ole Miss?

parabrave
09-19-2017, 07:23 PM

He won't be the only one.