PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgeralds ankle

cheewgumm
09-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Is he 100%?

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Not sure, but he met with the media yesterday which is usually a pretty good sign.

If players are injured, Mullen normally doesn't allow that player to meet with media.

Not saying the ankle isn't tender because I have no clue, but if he was significantly limping, the media would've noticed

KentuckyDawg13
09-19-2017, 10:16 AM
His left knee was bleeding during the game too. And when his helmet was plucked off by Key, he was holding his nose.
Fitz is one tough sob. Wish he would tighten his chinstraps though.

Hasu Dackds
09-19-2017, 10:52 AM
If he survives this week and next we are in good shape. Honestly, I'd probably go all out and try to beat Georgia, running him and all, but against Auburn, I think I'd try more passing.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Those ESPN guys we had calling our game was just hoping for LSU to win. They were looking for any positive to say about LSU during the game. They made all kinds of excuses for LSU. One of them said with glee Fitz looks like he hurt his ankle but Fitz still kept running over their asses. If he was hurt he would not have played at all in the third quarter. Don't listen to those ****ers.

bluelightstar
09-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Those ESPN guys we had calling our game was just hoping for LSU to win. They were looking for any positive to say about LSU during the game. They made all kinds of excuses for LSU. One of them said with glee Fitz looks like he hurt his ankle but Fitz still kept running over their asses. If he was hurt he would not have played at all in the third quarter. Don't listen to those ****ers.

Come on man, Todd Blackledge is as even as they come, and Tess always talks up State.

TrapGame
09-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Yes, Fitz has an ankle...

...connected to the foot he's gonna plant in UGA's ass!!!

Hail State!

msstatelp1
09-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Come on man, Todd Blackledge is as even as they come, and Tess always talks up State.

Normally I agree about Blackledge but he was slobbing LSU knob Saturday for some reason.

Dawg61
09-19-2017, 11:54 AM

I didn't get this sense at all except for them incorrectly calling the pick play not a penalty. It was most definitely offensive pass interference and the ref had his flag in the air before the LSU WR caught the ball. Tessitore called the game an absolute BEATDOWN by MSU.

mstatefan91
09-19-2017, 12:07 PM
I know it isn't really in him, but I wish Fitz would slide some.. especially when we are already up 30-7 in the 4th quarter in what is essentially garbage time. There was no need for him to take that shot to his leg..

Carry on

DogsofAnarchy
09-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Is he 100%?

Fitz never hurt his ankle. That's a media creation. He cut his knee when he got leg whipped. He is tough. He is fine.

msbulldog
09-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Fitz looked kind of gimpy, like ankle gimpy, the last time he walked off the field as the game was ending and Key went in.

mstatefan91
09-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Fitz never hurt his ankle. That's a media creation. He cut his knee when he got leg whipped. He is tough. He is fine.

Yep. He was walking around/trotting around fine after the game. My issue with it is that there was just no reason for him to take that shot.. but it already happened and glad he's ok for Gawja

Dallas_Dawg
09-19-2017, 12:35 PM
I didn't get this sense at all except for them incorrectly calling the pick play not a penalty. It was most definitely offensive pass interference and the ref had his flag in the air before the LSU WR caught the ball. Tessitore called the game an absolute BEATDOWN by MSU.

Rose Bowl said on his podcast that the NCAA is looking for pick plays and is calling those this year. He said it was a legit penalty
They called the same thing on us on the next drive but he said Farrod just didn't act it out as well as the LSU WR

msbulldog
09-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Rose Bowl said on his podcast that the NCAA is looking for pick plays and is calling those this year. He said it was a legit penalty
They called the same thing on us on the next drive but he said Farrod just didn't act it out as well as the LSU WR

And he didn't Farrod was pretty blatant I remember that play and comment.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2017, 01:05 PM
I know it isn't really in him, but I wish Fitz would slide some.. especially when we are already up 30-7 in the 4th quarter in what is essentially garbage time. There was no need for him to take that shot to his leg..

Carry on

I watched the recording several times and I both times I got that sense about them.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2017, 01:06 PM

Is it legal to use the ref's as pick?

Dawg61
09-19-2017, 01:09 PM
I watched the recording several times and I both times I got that sense about them.

I think you're responding to me not mstatefan91 but you're probably correct as I wasn't really focusing on the announcers as much as being thrilled with the football I was watching and the only thing I am going to remember about the announcers is Tessitore saying "Mississippi State with an absolute BEATDOWN of LSU" at the very end of the game.

mstatefan91
09-19-2017, 01:10 PM

Should be.. they're part of the field of play.

Reason2succeed
09-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Good luck getting a call to go your way for the rest of the season if you get a ref hurt trying to rub a defender off with them.

mstatefan91
09-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Good luck getting a call to go your way for the rest of the season if you get a ref hurt trying to rub a defender off with them.

Guess the getting hurt part is the key since offenses routinely use the umpire to rub off defenders.. especially after a ball is caught and they are trying to shake a linebacker who was covering them..