PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts going forward into the BYE.....

Coach 57
09-21-2013, 11:08 PM
First of all NEVER discount a win......EVER! This is the same team that took us to the limit last year and we had NFL corners! And were undefeated! Don't discount this win!

Dak looked like a superstar! He is getting better & better & better! I saw where he made some very nice reads. Made the correct throws & when get had to he rushed 5 times. It should be evident right now.....we are going forward with Dakota and there is NO reason we shouldn't! I don't care what Hack or Cookie or whoever says. Dak makes our offense a threat! And one thing about coaching defense. When the offense is pouring it on, you get MORE aggressive in your calls. He is our leader going forward!

Next week we are off and while we are off our next opponent plays Georgia. Between tonight in what Gus was able to expose them after it started to dry as Auburn kept running the "tre counter" over and over for 5-6 yds a tick and after the physical nature of the UGA game. I said this in the preseason & I am saying it now. We are going to beat them at home. But only if Dak starts & plays. They aren't as good as I thought. I think UGA is going to.heat them up next week. It'll be close but UGA is a physical football team, LSU is too. It will be very interesting. Plus I love giving our DC 1 week to prepare for them......AT HOME!

Our defense is getting pressure with 3-4 guys. This is why we got after them tonight. I love the DL rotation we have too. We are still a bowl team guys. We just need to beat BG, UK ARK & UM @ home. I think Arky looks very weak & I am still not sold on the confederates.

PassInterference
09-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Dak played great. He did a good job of finding his check down receiver instead of what TR would do which is hold the ball forever or force a throw downfield.

Dak needs to get better on deep throws. 2-3 times he threw one deep down the middle to a guy who had to stop and wait on the ball to get there. If he throws those sort of in stride, its a TD.

He did have one beautiful throw deep down the sideline, hitting Morrow in stride. And Morrow dropped it. Would have been a TD.

Five-tool Poster
09-22-2013, 02:55 AM
First of all NEVER discount a win......EVER! This is the same team that took us to the limit last year and we had NFL corners! And were undefeated! Don't discount this win!

Dak looked like a superstar! He is getting better & better & better! I saw where he made some very nice reads. Made the correct throws & when get had to he rushed 5 times. It should be evident right now.....we are going forward with Dakota and there is NO reason we shouldn't! I don't care what Hack or Cookie or whoever says. Dak makes our offense a threat! And one thing about coaching defense. When the offense is pouring it on, you get MORE aggressive in your calls. He is our leader going forward!

Next week we are off and while we are off our next opponent plays Georgia. Between tonight in what Gus was able to expose them after it started to dry as Auburn kept running the "tre counter" over and over for 5-6 yds a tick and after the physical nature of the UGA game. I said this in the preseason & I am saying it now. We are going to beat them at home. But only if Dak starts & plays. They aren't as good as I thought. I think UGA is going to.heat them up next week. It'll be close but UGA is a physical football team, LSU is too. It will be very interesting. Plus I love giving our DC 1 week to prepare for them......AT HOME!

Our defense is getting pressure with 3-4 guys. This is why we got after them tonight. I love the DL rotation we have too. We are still a bowl team guys. We just need to beat BG, UK ARK & UM @ home. I think Arky looks very weak & I am still not sold on the confederates.

They lost to arkansas state who got taken to the woodshed by Memphis.

Drugdog
09-22-2013, 07:15 AM
C57,great stuff. Thanks!

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Dak looked great.

It is funny to see everyone anoint him after beating Troy when the knock against TR was that he doesn't perform in big games. It would seem like the 2nd half of Okie State and Auburn are the only ways to measure our current QB situation.

I personally think they need to split reps. Have since before the season. Dak can do more than just cram it up the middle and he's proved that. He also has the locker room demeanor you want in a leader. I think State is better off at QB than we have been in a long, long time and yet all our fans want to do is kick our 5th year Sr starting QB to the curb because our #2 had good games and led us to victory over Alcorn and Troy. Maybe we should be a little more realistic and trust the coaches the manage the situation considering they're around the team every day and have a pretty damn good idea about who gives us the best chance to win games?

If CDM says TR is the starter, then support him. If CDM says Dak is the starter, then support him. Pisses me off to the core that MSU fans always declare QB#2 the "best." Y'all know that only works for kickers.

slickdawg
09-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Well, if the defense didn't give up an effin 98 yard TD drive to Auburn, Dak would have won there too, in his first SEC start, on the road at that.

slickdawg
09-22-2013, 07:37 AM
2012:

MSU 17 first downs, Troy 30
MSU 457 yards, Troy 572
MSU 11/26 244 , 34/47 349

2013:
MSU 30 first downs, Troy 11
MSU 551 yards, Troy 186
MSU 17/27 316, Troy 17/31 139

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Well, if the defense didn't give up an effin 98 yard TD drive to Auburn, Dak would have won there too, in his first SEC start, on the road at that.

giving up 24 to Gus after two fluke plays get you 10... and you'd rather blame the defense than the O that failed to convert a 3rd down in the 2nd half against a shit-the-bed defensive unit.

Coach 57
09-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Tyler had a decent game against this same team but Tyler an advantage Dak didn't have.....a Sr laden WR core. And honestly this game from the first whistle was never close. They don't need to split reps either. Dak looked better last night because he got ALL first team reps in practice and is looking more polished every time Dan does it. Tyler hasn't beat a good team in his career of 5 years. Dak will give Dan his first REAL signature W Vs LSU as long as he let's Dak prepare as the starter Vs. their defensive looks. Dak is Dan's first QB he recruited. It's time for a Dan Mullen recruit to be our QB.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 09:07 AM
57, I know you know football, but you're off on this one.

Dak couldn't beat Auburn's defense and you expect him to beat LSU's? Our only shot is having both play, and both play well.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Hack everything about Dak except experience shows he is a better QB for our team. I just can't figure out how by WATCHING the damn game, no matter who in the hell we are playing, it's not obvious. OK so Dak misses a few throws and he is not a 5th yr Sr. but he isn't a statue and close down 2/3 of the damn play book because he can't move and refuses to check down or is hell bent to wait until a WR is WIDE open before he throws the football. Tyler is better at 7 on 7, that's it.

There is soooooooooo much more energy and tempo to our offense that Dak brings I just can't fathom why we would play Tyler unless Dak gets hurt. Hack I love you and I know you are hard headed on this subject but I'm at a loss how you aren't coming around to Dak being the right guy and the better guy for what we need this season.

FlabLoser
09-22-2013, 09:39 AM
57, I know you know football, but you're off on this one.

Dak couldn't beat Auburn's defense and you expect him to beat LSU's? Our only shot is having both play, and both play well.

Play calling was the biggest offensive factor against Auburn. I've seen enough TR games to know there just aren't many good plays we can run with him.j

I do like getting both QBs reps in games - unless it is clear the starter has the offense rolling.

Will James
09-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Our only shot is having both play

Why, exactly, is that our only shot?

ETA look at how Auburn manned up and ran it all over LSU. You KNOW our O Line with Russell can't accomplish that.

Our ONLY shot is Dak Dak and more Dak.

Dak > Nick Marshall as well.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Dak played great. He did a good job of finding his check down receiver instead of what TR would do which is hold the ball forever or force a throw downfield.

Dak needs to get better on deep throws. 2-3 times he threw one deep down the middle to a guy who had to stop and wait on the ball to get there. If he throws those sort of in stride, its a TD.

He did have one beautiful throw deep down the sideline, hitting Morrow in stride. And Morrow dropped it. Would have been a TD.

We have hit more deep passes with Dak in the last couple of games than Tyler last year. Dak causes safeties to creep up, Tyler doesn't do that for us.

Dawgface
09-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I hope you are right C57. We could sure use a big win over a team like LSU.

Pollodawg
09-22-2013, 10:42 AM
I love how people keep blaming the Auburn loss on defense. It isn't like we didn't have ample opportunities to close that one out. Shit, they gave us a turnover in their own territory that should have put up by ten. Was it D's fault that we didn't put that away?

FlabLoser
09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
The Auburn loss was a team loss. The O and the D had a chance to seal the win, and given repeated opportunities they both waffled.

Pollodawg
09-22-2013, 11:35 AM
The Auburn loss was a team loss. The O and the D had a chance to seal the win, and given repeated opportunities they both waffled.

This is my point essentially. Both sides of the ball lost that one. But, you know, I think AU may be better than we think they are.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Dak looked great.

It is funny to see everyone anoint him after beating Troy when the knock against TR was that he doesn't perform in big games. It would seem like the 2nd half of Okie State and Auburn are the only ways to measure our current QB situation.

I personally think they need to split reps. Have since before the season. Dak can do more than just cram it up the middle and he's proved that. He also has the locker room demeanor you want in a leader. I think State is better off at QB than we have been in a long, long time and yet all our fans want to do is kick our 5th year Sr starting QB to the curb because our #2 had good games and led us to victory over Alcorn and Troy. Maybe we should be a little more realistic and trust the coaches the manage the situation considering they're around the team every day and have a pretty damn good idea about who gives us the best chance to win games?

If CDM says TR is the starter, then support him. If CDM says Dak is the starter, then support him. Pisses me off to the core that MSU fans always declare QB#2 the "best." Y'all know that only works for kickers.

You know what pisses me off?

When people say we "anoint Dak the Savior" or some shit, when really we're just glad he is leading us to victories and making this offense click like we have not seen against ANYBODY with Tyler.

You know what else pisses me off?

When people like you want to pick out the 4th quarter of the Auburn game when Mullen went super conservative, to try and prove that "Dak just isn't as good as you think he is". Could coaching and play calling have anything to do with that?

Nobody is saying Dak is a savior. We're saying that he gives our offense a spark and a dimension that TR doesn't. That is not TR's fault necessarily...it has a lot to do with the coach and the system. Don't make it about Dak vs Tyler...make it about dual threat vs non dual threat, and then maybe you can quit worrying about Russell's potentially little hurt feelings for a second and just see what's best for MSU's offense, and what gives us the best chance to win.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Dak should play. I didn't ask if he should be third string or stay finding locations for him to transfer. Only one side of this "debate" has been ridiculous. If CDM starts TR, then TR deserves to be the starter and will give us the best chance to win.

I'm also not only counting the 4th Qt of Auburn. We shit the bed with both QBs against OSU yet y'all clearly think Dak is the man. I don't see the separation y'all do. As far as playing goes, it's one ****ing play. The read option. God forbid we have to man up and use a blocker to run the ball in conference play. We can't complete a 15 yard crossing pattern over the middle with Dak, so we're giving up plays with him too.

If our OL can pass block against LSU, but can't run block... it's TR's show. If they can run block but can't protect the edge, it's Dak. But y'all don't think about shit like that. You just see Dak putting up 90% of our yards against shit teams and all of a sudden our #2 is better than our #1 who's last performance was hampered by a concussion.

ckDOG
09-22-2013, 12:04 PM
You know what pisses me off?

When people say we "anoint Dak the Savior" or some shit, when really we're just glad he is leading us to victories and making this offense click like we have not seen against ANYBODY with Tyler.

You know what else pisses me off?

When people like you want to pick out the 4th quarter of the Auburn game when Mullen went super conservative, to try and prove that "Dak just isn't as good as you think he is". Could coaching and play calling have anything to do with that?

Nobody is saying Dak is a savior. We're saying that he gives our offense a spark and a dimension that TR doesn't. That is not TR's fault necessarily...it has a lot to do with the coach and the system. Don't make it about Dak vs Tyler...make it about dual threat vs non dual threat, and then maybe you can quit worrying about Russell's potentially little hurt feelings for a second and just see what's best for MSU's offense, and what gives us the best chance to win.

What he said.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Dak should play. I didn't ask if he should be third string or stay finding locations for him to transfer. Only one side of this "debate" has been ridiculous. If CDM starts TR, then TR deserves to be the starter and will give us the best chance to win.

I'm also not only counting the 4th Qt of Auburn. We shit the bed with both QBs against OSU yet y'all clearly think Dak is the man. I don't see the separation y'all do. As far as playing goes, it's one ****ing play. The read option. God forbid we have to man up and use a blocker to run the ball in conference play. We can't complete a 15 yard crossing pattern over the middle with Dak, so we're giving up plays with him too.

If our OL can pass block against LSU, but can't run block... it's TR's show. If they can run block but can't protect the edge, it's Dak. But y'all don't think about shit like that. You just see Dak putting up 90% of our yards against shit teams and all of a sudden our #2 is better than our #1 who's last performance was hampered by a concussion.

One play?? Really?

There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

You don't think it was a bit of a disadvantage to Dak to come in trailing by 2 or 3 TD's in his first action of the year vs OSU?

And back to the "one play" thing....that one play sure must have been hard to figure out last night if we scored 62 by running "one play" as you say. Ridiculous.

And by the way, how many "plays" is there in the TR play book? I know there is ZERO successful running plays in there. But if you think a one dimensional team that can be covered with a 4 man rush will work better, I can't help you.

And no, if CDM starts TR that DOESN't necessarily mean we should support it. Did you support his conservative play calling that lost the Auburn game? Did you support him QB sneaking Tyson Lee to lose to LsU his first year? Did you support him leaving Russell in to throw 120 picks against Northwestern last year?

I'm not sure what your deal is with Russell, but what is so hard to see about the difference in our O while Dak is in there vs our O when TR is in there? It's not about the guy as a person, it's that we are easy to make one dimensional with a non dual threat QB in there. It's not hard to figure out if you understand football. But I have never seen somebody, that I feel like is a good football mind, absolutely lose all sight of reality like you have with this Russell thing.

Coach 57
09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Hack, let me try this route. Football is a game of numbers, plain and simple. 22 guys are on the field at any given time (minus the refs). 11 Vs 11. But essentially when you have a QB that is a traditional passer you have to create ways to make the extra guy. (most of the times it's the safety) commit to the box or look him off and go from one side of the field to the next. In the NFL I am a traditional type of QB guy. My favorite team is the Colts. We had a chance to get RG3 in the draft. I hoped that we wouldn't because I want my QB in the pocket NOT running zone reads & mid-line plays. But that is the NFL! Where EVERYBODY is paid to play and are professionals. In H.S and in CFB give me what best suits my teams needs. Especially when the talent disparity is different! We don't have the talent to compete man to man Vs elite teams in our conference. So we must provide ways to ensure that extra guy us playing "honest". Our OL are not that good in traditional sets pass blocking or especially run blocking on a consistent basis which they would HAVE to be with Tyler in the game. They weren't recruited for that system and they aren't able to do it. Without protection even Tommy Touchdown looks average. So what we dud Vs LSU last year was traditional cut blocks on the perimeter on the DEs. Which provide passing lanes as well. But it is not to be used as much as we did it. Cut blocking is like a Band-Aid it's only good for temporary relief. After a while any defensive line coach who is worth his salt will help his position overcome it. They did Vs us last year & got tremendous pressure on Tyler which is why he threw the pick 6 late in there territory. But when Dak is in there we don't HAVE to cut block even with the starting RG gone for the year. All we have to do is what they WERE RECRUITED TO DO......block spots in the field....not men. I like Tyler, but another thing is this. His personality is very laid back. These guys are kids, they gravitate to energy & passion. I heard Les talking in an interview how guys were "gravitating to Dak because of his infectious personality." He is a leader! Tyler, is a great kid. But he is a victim of wrong place....wrong time. When Dak is in the game the safety MUST honor him being a running threat! So now not only do our OL be freed up to do what they were recruited to be....now our young WR core can now get free from a safety who is playing honest and in the box.

engie
09-22-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm also not only counting the 4th Qt of Auburn. We shit the bed with both QBs against OSU yet y'all clearly think Dak is the man.

The OSU game is a bullshit way to assess Dak -- playing from behind thanks to an offense that was shit under Russell(for whatever reason/excuse people want to make) and clearly way outside of his strengths as a QB...

Coach 57
09-22-2013, 12:59 PM
What engie said minus the use of profanity.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 01:04 PM
playing from behind is a "must" in assessing Dak. We're not always going to be ahead.

That said, I agree with your point that brining him in off the bench isn't a fair way to assess him. However, since he only has 1.5 games against BCS teams you can't really discount it either.

I understand y'all's point about Dak. Love he kid and think he's going to do very well, but it blows my mind how quickly the fans turned on TR. It's shitty. He had 2 bad quarters this year after an 8-5 season last year, being the most efficient QB in school history, and breaking the single season passing record. And y'all are naming schools for him to transfer to. That's ****ing horrid and our fans should be embarrassed to pull their support from Tyler after e got a ****ing concussion.

If Tyler starts I'm done.
If Tyler starts Strick should fire CMD.
Should he be third string?
what schools could he transfer to?
He's only good against crappy teams.
Who's ever beat anyway?

All this SHIT was spewed two quarters after he led us to an 8-5 season, bowl birth, broke the passing record, and became the most efficient passer in the history of our program.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 01:14 PM
playing from behind is a "must" in assessing Dak. We're not always going to be ahead.

That said, I agree with your point that brining him in off the bench isn't a fair way to assess him. However, since he only has 1.5 games against BCS teams you can't really discount it either.

I understand y'all's point about Dak. Love he kid and think he's going to do very well, but it blows my mind how quickly the fans turned on TR. It's shitty. He had 2 bad quarters this year after an 8-5 season last year, being the most efficient QB in school history, and breaking the single season passing record. And y'all are naming schools for him to transfer to. That's ****ing horrid and our fans should be embarrassed to pull their support from Tyler after e got a ****ing concussion.

Who's ever beat anyway?

All this SHIT was spewed two quarters after he led us to an 8-5 season, bowl birth, broke the passing record, and became the most efficient passer in the history of our program.

You are cherry picking bullshit in a MAJOR way right now to try and help your stance, but it's not working.

First of all, nobody is bashing Russell, and nobody is "turning on Russell". What we're doing is rooting in FAVOR of a better offense. My loyalty does not reside with a particular QB, it lies with whatever works best for MSU. You should try it.

And only idiots are saying Russell should transfer...that is stupid, so please don't lump those of us with sense into that group.

We simply want what's best for our offense, and right now that is the dual threat QB that is making our offense a threat every time we touch the ball.

And one other thing...it's funny that you want to call out people that have said "who has Tyler beat anyway", when you have been the very one saying that Dak hasn't "proven anything a decent team". Why is it wrong one way but right for you to say it when referring to Dak?

If you would quit trying to take up for Tyler, and realize nobody is against Tyler as a person, just that he doesn't make our offense the best it can be because he isn't a run threat, you would realize how ridiculous you seem by pushing your Russell agenda.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 01:32 PM
nobody is bashing TR? you've lost any credibility you had in this debate.

engie
09-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Can you show me the rampant Russell-bashing that you are alleging here?

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Resistance is futile in this argument. Hopefully our head coach has clearer vision than Hack when choosing who starts against LSU. An actual threat and life in our offense Dak or the uber exciting coma inducing offense run by the statuesque TR.

This is the Stansbury argument at its finest.

Jacksondevildog
09-22-2013, 01:44 PM
State fans get too emotionally attached to a certain player. This is D1 collegiate athletics and you have to play the guy that makes the offense move the best and gives us the best chance to win. I would rather win than worry about one guys feelings if he's not getting it done. Take your emotions away from it and look at this objectively.

ckDOG
09-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Tyler's strengths and the staff's strengths do no complement each other. Dak and the staff are compatible. Simple as that. You play to win, not to force things.

Will James
09-22-2013, 01:49 PM

The MSU passing records are meaningless without context. The 8-5 record is meaningless without context.

Our passing record is so bad that over half of D1 schools broke it last year. 8-5 would be great if we could show that we belong in the same stadium as teams above us. We were totally uncompetitive in those games.

If "bashing" TR means saying I don't think he gives us the best chance to win and compete then consider me a basher as well. I'm tired of walking away from stadiums embarrassed though. We were embarrassed 5 times last year. Just because we played a schedule with 8 cripples in it does not make the embarrassments alright.

blacklistedbully
09-22-2013, 02:16 PM
And Hack, folks aren't against TR because of this year, they're turned off going back to last year. If TR had come into the Ok State game and lit it up, he'd be getting a ton more support. But he needed to "light it up". Sure, you can make the excuse he was concussed early, but that's, at best. the reason he didn't light it up. Unfortunate, sure, but the fact is, we couldn't get it done with him at QB going back to last year.

In other words, TR came into this year needing to show marked improvement over, in particular, his performances in the Egg Bowl & the Gator Bowl. He hasn't, whether his fault or not. Due to the ending last year, his leash was very short with most fans.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Here's how to asses Tyler's passing records:

His record yardage was only good enough to be 7th in the SEC in 2012
His TD record didnt even make the top 5 in the SEC and we had a very easy schedule
He couldnt even match Tyson Lee's record for completion percentage and we had a very easy schedule

I could go on- but everybody gets the idea

Coach34
09-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Dakota and Tyler arent even close anymore...anybody wanting Russell at this point is just being sentimental or ridiculously hardheaded

engie
09-22-2013, 02:21 PM
What, exactly, has Tyler Russell done for us while "playing from behind"? What, then, are we actually comparing Dak to?

Comparing apples to apples -- it's no comparison.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130922-fsor-56kb.jpg

Yet Dak still had a higher QBR than Tyler did last year. Russell accounted for SIX total TDs in our 5 losses last year while playing 90% of the total snaps. Dak had 3 in 10%(or less) of the overall PT.

Nevermind that Dak just put together the BEST SCORING GAME OF THE MULLEN ERA. BAR NONE.

it blows my mind how quickly the fans turned on TR. It's shitty.
It's shitty to "turn on" a QB when he loses 6 of 7 games -- and only looks mentally there in TWO of the 7(LSU and Arkansas)? That's the most MSU thing to say ever...

He had 2 bad quarters this year after an 8-5 season last year, being the most efficient QB in school history, and breaking the single season passing record.
- He was FIFTY SEVENTH in QBR among D1 QBs last year.(9th in SEC)
- He was FIFTY FIFTH in pass yards/Gm.(6th in SEC)
- He was FORTY FOURTH in overall pass yards.(7th in SEC)
against the easiest overall schedule that MSU has seen MANY years.
Nevermind that the team rush offense dropped to 86th last year under his watch -- and total offense dropped to #80.
All to say -- I don't give a damn about a "record book" at MSU -- I'm looking at the context of the present. And at that, Russell is very, VERY average.

Let's look at what Dakota has done in his 3 starts(keeping in mind that stats skew against him for that first game).
- He is SIXTY SECOND in QBR.
- He is EIGHTY FIRST in pass yards/Gm. In his 3 starts, he's SIXTY FOURTH.
- He is SIXTY THIRD in overall pass yards.
So, Tyler hasn't even ACTUALLY been much better in the single metric that skews into his favor...

And y'all are naming schools for him to transfer to. That's ****ing horrid and our fans should be embarrassed to pull their support from Tyler after e got a ****ing concussion.

Who's ever beat anyway?
That's straw man bullshit. You know it. I know it. No one "pulled support" over a concussion. People just support what they perceive makes MSU THE BEST IT CAN BE. That reality seems almost unanimously behind Dak Prescott now.

Easiest schedule in MSU history. Beat no one. Singlehandedly lost the bowl game. The team was ranked 84TH in rushing! We were EIGHTIETH in total offense. 80th!!! And you are REALLY bragging about setting "school" passing records? Nevermind that Dak is currently on pace to shatter them this year...

Don't look -- but Dak has us at 46th in total offense currently. And I feel pretty comfortable saying that we'd be inside the top 40 had he started all 4 games.

Nevermind the intangible/leadership difference that 90% of us can see through a tv screen at this point...and how the team responds SO much better to him being out there on the field.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 03:02 PM
The MSU passing records are meaningless without context. The 8-5 record is meaningless without context.

Our passing record is so bad that over half of D1 schools broke it last year. 8-5 would be great if we could show that we belong in the same stadium as teams above us. We were totally uncompetitive in those games.

If "bashing" TR means saying I don't think he gives us the best chance to win and compete then consider me a basher as well. I'm tired of walking away from stadiums embarrassed though. We were embarrassed 5 times last year. Just because we played a schedule with 8 cripples in it does not make the embarrassments alright.

Bingo. Hack is not able to distinguish between bashing and just wanting the QB that is best for the offense to play. Talk about credibility

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 03:06 PM
What, exactly, has Tyler Russell done for us while "playing from behind"? What, then, are we actually comparing Dak to?

Yet Dak still had a higher QBR than Tyler did last year. Russell accounted for SIX total TDs in our 5 losses last year while playing 90% of the total snaps. Dak had 3 in 10%(or less) of the overall PT.

Nevermind that Dak just put together the BEST SCORING GAME OF THE MULLEN ERA. BAR NONE.

It's shitty to "turn on" a QB when he loses 6 of 7 games -- and only looks mentally there in TWO of the 7(LSU and Arkansas)? That's the most MSU thing to say ever...

Nevermind that the team rush offense dropped to 86th last year under his watch -- and total offense dropped to #80.
All to say -- I don't give a damn about a "record book" at MSU -- I'm looking at the context of the present. And at that, Russell is very, VERY average.

Let's look at what Dakota has done in his 3 starts(keeping in mind that stats skew against him for that first game).
So, Tyler hasn't even ACTUALLY been much better in the single metric that skews into his favor...

That's straw man bullshit. You know it. I know it. No one "pulled support" over a concussion. People just support what they perceive makes MSU THE BEST IT CAN BE. That reality seems almost unanimously behind Dak Prescott now.

Easiest schedule in MSU history. Beat no one. Singlehandedly lost the bowl game. The team was ranked 84TH in rushing! We were EIGHTIETH in total offense. 80th!!! And you are REALLY bragging about setting "school" passing records? Nevermind that Dak is currently on pace to shatter them this year...

Don't look -- but Dak has us at 46th in total offense currently. And I feel pretty comfortable saying that we'd be inside the top 40 had he started all 4 games.

Nevermind the intangible/leadership difference that 90% of us can see through a tv screen at this point...and how the team responds SO much better to him being out there on the field.

Hard to argue this^^

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 03:45 PM
O

Engie has the post of the message board for our young existence.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Dak's beaten nobody.*** He's excelled against the easy teams on our schedule.***

We'll see how LSU goes. Then we can anoint someone.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Dak's beaten nobody.*** He's excelled against the easy teams on our schedule.***

We'll see how LSU goes. Then we can anoint someone.

You can substitute Tyler's name for Dak and it would be applicable.

Dak has changed the life and tempo of our offense. Can you argue that?

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Dak has looked great against Alcorn and Troy. We put up 20 against Auburn. No other team in the SEC West will score less than that against them. I'm very VERY disappointed in our offense that game. I truly believe if TR had played we would've picked them apart. He's a tougher matchup for them.

That said, I think Dak may be a tougher matchup for LSU. I hope, and want, both to play and play well. This "clear cut"
winner crap is just stupid.

Will James
09-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I truly believe if TR had played we would've picked them apart.

Why didn't he pick apart the horrid A&M defense last year? Or the Bears? Or NW? Or OSU?

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Answer the question.....have we not had more life and better tempo to our offense with Dak in the game? Even versus Auburn until it has been widely agreed upon that Dan and the play calling got extremely stupid in the second half after we gashed them the first half...

bocfarm
09-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Trying to play two qb's usually doesn't work out well at all. Very few teams have done this successfully since the beginning of football. There's a reason most coaches don't

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Dak has looked great against Alcorn and Troy. We put up 20 against Auburn. No other team in the SEC West will score less than that against them. I'm very VERY disappointed in our offense that game. I truly believe if TR had played we would've picked them apart. He's a tougher matchup for them.

That said, I think Dak may be a tougher matchup for LSU. I hope, and want, both to play and play well. This "clear cut"
winner crap is just stupid.

You're probably right. We would have been losing and he would have been winging it into a soft zone the 2nd half.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:15 PM
. We put up 20 against Auburn. No other team in the SEC West will score less than that against them. I'm very VERY disappointed in our offense that game. I truly believe if TR had played we would've picked them apart. He's a tougher matchup for them.

And I think he would have been sacked 7 times and hurried into throwing 2-3 picks. We would have had zero running game and their rush would have eaten up our OL with Russell in there. Statue gonna statue

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:24 PM
rip away at the guy who has given our program blood, sweat, and years...

"statue gonna statue"

What's that crap you're always talking about our OL and how few sacks we have up last season?

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:26 PM
That ain't ripping it's honest as hell and game film proves it.

Hack you still haven't answered my question....have we not had more life and better tempo with Dak than at any time in the last year with TR?

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:31 PM
rip away at the guy who has given our program blood, sweat, and years...

"statue gonna statue"

What's that crap you're always talking about our OL and how few sacks we have up last season?

Last year we had Sr WR's last season- this season's WR's arent as good at making the necessary adjustments. We are also down a starting offensive linemen also.

Everybody is ok with getting on Featherstone because he drops passes- but we cant talk about Tyler's lack of mobility???

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm frustrated with Morrow too, and Bell, but you don't see me ripping them or making fun of them.

Bleed maroon.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm frustrated with Morrow too, and Bell, but you don't see me ripping them or making fun of them.

Bleed maroon.

How can you say you "bleed maroon" when you're wanting to hamper our offense by starting the worse QB for our team? I is confused by that

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 06:01 PM
How can you say you "bleed maroon" when you're wanting to hamper our offense by starting the worse QB for our team? I is confused by that

Yes, you is confused.

Have you not been paying attention? I don't care who starts. I think both should play. Y'all are worried about who takes the first snap. I'm worried about who presents the toughest matchup.

It's like explaining biomechanical engineering to a kindergarten class. Let me say it simply: whoever can score the most points against the team we're playing should play. To this point, it's pretty obvious that Dak nor Tyler have lot up a defense worth a shit. Until they do, judgement is out.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes, you is confused.

Have you not been paying attention? I don't care who starts. I think both should play. Y'all are worried about who takes the first snap. I'm worried about who presents the toughest matchup.

It's like explaining biomechanical engineering to a kindergarten class. Let me say it simply: whoever can score the most points against the team we're playing should play. To this point, it's pretty obvious that Dak nor Tyler have lot up a defense worth a shit. Until they do, judgement is out.

Horseshit, that is NOT What you've been saying. Otherwise their would be no argument. What you've been saying is that "Dak has proven nothing" and "both should play". You are changing what you've been saying because it isn't working.

You can say kindergarten shit all you want, but the truth is, you are crawfish ing out of what you said originally and trying to use this blanket "I just want the best to play"" statement as a way out or whatever you're doing.

And no, nobody has said shit about who takes the first snap vs who plays the other 80. What we've said is that Dak has earned the right to start and that our O has looked completely different in a good way with Dak...and we had not seen that from Tyler the last 7-9 games if ever. So Dak should not only start, but he should play the whole game unless there is a package for Tyler. Dak gives this O a dimension Tyler doesn't give us.

EnterpriseDawg
09-22-2013, 06:51 PM
I work with a close friend to Tyler's family. We talked about this for a little today at work. I basically told him that Tyler should have gone to Alabama or any other school that ran a pro style system. It's not Tyler's fault that Dan can't adjust his offense to Tyler's ability. Tyler is a heck of a QB and I will never stray from that opinon, but it's clear that Dak makes this offense work. My only hope for Tyler is to get meaningful snaps and a good combine to play backup and earn his way at the next level.

One story I wanted to pass along about Tyler. When he went to the hospital the night he received the concussion he and his mom found a state fan battling cancer. Instead of worrying about what his future may hold, he instead spent time with this fan to make a bad day a little better. He is a good Christian man and of high character.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I work with a close friend to Tyler's family. We talked about this for a little today at work. I basically told him that Tyler should have gone to Alabama or any other school that ran a pro style system. It's not Tyler's fault that Dan can't adjust his offense to Tyler's ability. Tyler is a heck of a QB and I will never stray from that opinon, but it's clear that Dak makes this offense work. My only hope for Tyler is to get meaningful snaps and a good combine to play backup and earn his way at the next level.

One story I wanted to pass along about Tyler. When he went to the hospital the night he received the concussion he and his mom found a state fan battling cancer. Instead of worrying about what his future may hold, he instead spent time with this fan to make a bad day a little better. He is a good Christian man and of high character.

Awesome stuff. I agree with this whole post. And the last paragraph is what really matters most.

I get pretty passionate about State, especially when arguing, so I hope Hack, PM, and others realize that when I am debating them it isn't personal...just sports talk. Sometimes we as fans get too caught up in it, and forget things like what Tyler did at the hospital.

Anyway, enough of this argument. I just want us to win, and if Tyler is what can beat LSU, I hope he plays. Nothing would make me happier than for Tyler to suddenly light everyone up and finish out the Senior season as a hero.

PMDawg
09-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Awesome stuff. I agree with this whole post. And the last paragraph is what really matters most.

I get pretty passionate about State, especially when arguing, so I hope Hack, PM, and others realize that when I am debating them it isn't personal...just sports talk. Sometimes we as fans get too caught up in it, and forget things like what Tyler did at the hospital.

Anyway, enough of this argument. I just want us to win, and if Tyler is what can beat LSU, I hope he plays. Nothing would make me happier than for Tyler to suddenly light everyone up and finish out the Senior season as a hero.

"Debating" is not the same thing as using something that someone didnt even say to try to make them look stupid. I have no issues with true debate. I don't automatically assume that someone is stupid just because they hold a different opinion than mine. I'm just trying to be cautiously optimistic about the situation. My faith in our offensive coaches is very low. Until THEY show me something against a defense with a pulse, I'm going to be slow to get excited about our QB situation, no matter who starts. Our DL is going to see the best OL they've seen all season vs LSU. Our secondary will get carved if we don't get pressure all night (cox and Whitley vs mett and beckham...not good). Our offense is going to have to sustain long drives finish them. When LSU adjusts to Dak, we need to adjust right back. That may mean bringing in Tyler. Maybe there's a wrinkle we haven't seen yet. But if they do Dak like they did him against auburn in the 2nd half, they will be doing him no favors and setting him up to fail. Just like they've done with Tyler. Our coaches have to get their shit together, and until they do, they're just crapping on whoever they trot out at QB. I'm not back on the Mullen bandwagon just bc he put up 62 on a pitiful defense. Everyone wants to point to last year, but they lost over half of last years defense. If our coaches trot out bell, Russell, morrow, and Perkins, then you know we are screwed. Perkins is hurt, and we don't use him correctly anyway. Our offensive coaches are so hardheaded I just have a hard time seeing a huge transformation just bc we have a new QB. That's all I'm saying.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Horseshit, that is NOT What you've been saying. Otherwise their would be no argument. What you've been saying is that "Dak has proven nothing" and "both should play". You are changing what you've been saying because it isn't working.

You can say kindergarten shit all you want, but the truth is, you are crawfish ing out of what you said originally and trying to use this blanket "I just want the best to play"" statement as a way out or whatever you're doing.

go back and re-read my posts. Please show me where I said TR should be the starter??? Contrary to the message board poster phenomenon of claiming the right to name the starting QB, I've entrusted that decision to Dan Mullen and said he and whichever QB he fields will have my full support. I'm just not convinced Dak is the clear cut starter yet like so many others on this board.