PDA

View Full Version : Watching the replay ....LSU Targeting

boonedawg
09-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Didn't Les Miles report Dillon Day for a personal foul a couple of years ago that got him a suspension, yet LSU has not one but TWO targeting fouls? Seems much worse to me.

Reason2succeed
09-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Pot meet kettle. Lsu has always been dirty. The only difference this year is the refs seemed to be fair. Maybe Mullen is in cahoots with the SEC and the NCAA.

shoeless joe
09-18-2017, 09:57 PM
First was was an intentional dirty play...second appeared to be a late hit where fitz's height led to the contact to the head. Either way they were the correct calls according to the rule book.

DownwardDawg
09-18-2017, 09:58 PM
We run the NCAA now. This rueing is some cool stuff!

TUSK
09-18-2017, 10:05 PM
I was happy to see the refs call PI on pick plays!

DownwardDawg
09-18-2017, 10:07 PM

Haha! I bet you were!

redstickdawg
09-18-2017, 10:08 PM

Agree on this one, if you read the lsu papers like I have to they will tell you that it shouldn't have been called.

Also ogre hinted at his press conference that they would appeal the 2nd ejection, not that it matters to us.

Todd4State
09-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Les Miles sucks.

MarketingBully
09-18-2017, 11:20 PM

When you chicken/helicopter arm through your route knocking two defenders out of the play, it becomes a pretty easy call. He obviously wasn't running that route to get the ball thrown to him. I thought it was hugely obvious of the intent and that call should be called 100% of the time. I really don't know why Blackledge and Tess made such a big deal about it being called. It was an easy and the right call.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2017, 11:23 PM
When you chicken/helicopter arm through your route knocking two defenders out of the play, it becomes a pretty easy call. He obviously wasn't running that route to get the ball thrown to him. I thought it was hugely obvious of the intent and that call should be called 100% of the time. I really don't know why Blackledge and Tess made such a big deal about it being called. It was an easy and the right call.

My exact thoughts!

IMissJack
09-19-2017, 07:30 AM
Agree on this one, if you read the lsu papers like I have to they will tell you that it shouldn't have been called.

Also ogre hinted at his press conference that they would appeal the 2nd ejection, not that it matters to us.

All I know is after they called LSU and MSU for pick plays, it did not happen again, even by "accident".

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-19-2017, 07:51 AM
I don't think there is any coincidence that both of LSU's targeting penalties happened after halftime. You know the LSU defensive coaches told them to hit Fitz during the break.

Dawg61
09-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Both targeting calls were correct. 2nd one he is obviously flopping/trying to act like he's falling into Fitz's helmet.

Reason2succeed
09-19-2017, 08:43 AM
I don't think there is any coincidence that both of LSU's targeting penalties happened after halftime. You know the LSU defensive coaches told them to hit Fitz during the break.

"Affect the head."