PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new Dude.

AlSwearengen
09-18-2017, 02:27 PM
I was looking at the construction feed and am now a little worried about something. There was a lot of discussion about better sight lines or more specifically, can you sit a little ways down the line and watch home plate without 17ing up your neck?

Maybe I am totally wrong here, but I'm not seeing any improved angles for watching the game. Am I wrong?

ScoobaDawg
09-18-2017, 02:34 PM
I was looking at the construction feed and am now a little worried about something. There was a lot of discussion about better sight lines or more specifically, can you sit a little ways down the line and watch home plate without 17ing up your neck?

Maybe I am totally wrong here, but I'm not seeing any improved angles for watching the game. Am I wrong?

Sight lines will not be horrible but not great... it's one thing I'm pretty ticked off about. They couldn't of saved that much money really leaving the bottom section of seating, taking everything down carefully rather than just knocking the whole thing over quickly...

The worst sight lines were in the bleachers.. with the lines not changing it is improved with the change to a berm instead... everyone can turn their body more towards the plate naturally than on a bleacher.

Tbonewannabe
09-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Sight lines will not be horrible but not great... it's one thing I'm pretty ticked off about. They couldn't of saved that much money really leaving the bottom section of seating, taking everything down carefully rather than just knocking the whole thing over quickly...

The worst sight lines were in the bleachers.. with the lines not changing it is improved with the change to a berm instead... everyone can turn their body more towards the plate naturally than on a bleacher.

This will piss me off. We were promised the best college baseball stadium in the country. If I still get a crick in my neck trying to watch the game then that isn't the best stadium in any way.

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2017, 04:07 PM
I thought they were reworking the entire seating area. Well that sucks. Why spend the money if you cannot get the easiest thing right, correct fn sightlines. HKS or Gensler would not have messed up that. Matter of fact, that is the clear as day #1 priority other than not messing up the left field lounge.

ScoobaDawg
09-18-2017, 04:24 PM
I thought they were reworking the entire seating area. Well that sucks. Why spend the money if you cannot get the easiest thing right, correct fn sightlines. HKS or Gensler would not have messed up that. Matter of fact, that is the clear as day #1 priority other than not messing up the left field lounge.

That was the original plan..and what was shown in all the releases two years ago...and all the mockups..
http://www.msubulldogclub.com/projects/files/2014/08/dudy-home-v2.jpg

Instead...this is what went out for bid.. Notice the roofline and angle of seating changed... because we kept the lower most part of the stadium layout...
Also the size of the right field entrance.. the visitors bullpen was moved.. the seating is shortened slightly down the lines

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/cfc16d1037b3b4a855e06e86e10a5d330cf31d04.JPG

bulldogcountry1
09-18-2017, 04:26 PM
The 5 rows they actually left have a 12" rise between rows. All the new rows on the lower levels, above and below, have a 9" rise. So, we aren't even blending the old with the new uniformly.

I don't get it.

drummerdawg
09-18-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm still pissed at the berms.

ScoobaDawg
09-18-2017, 04:39 PM
I'm still pissed at the berms.
Why? they have been in from the beginning...

bulldogcountry1
09-18-2017, 09:11 PM
FYI: The 3B lower chairbacks are going to be a full section longer than the bid (b&w) rendering, so that berm will be half as large as pictured. I guess they just didn't bother to get the rendering exact.

There are some other mods that changed after award, like the netting system. Those giant black poles aren't in the advertised plans.

Bothrops
09-18-2017, 11:11 PM
I always thought the b&w rendering looked kinda clandestine. Not to mention kinda plain Jane.