PDA

View Full Version : The Longo love affair is about to be over.

Leroy Jenkins
09-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Watching the Rebs' replay... That team is softer than Matt Luke's titties.

The Longo offense... Its cute and kitschy to say things like "we only have 4 plays blah blah" and "our WRs don't have routes, we read the D and run to space". That's cool when you are killing cupcakes for two weeks. Everyone is sucking you off and saying that's genius, its so simple and effective.

Fast forward to a team with a pulse and a brain, suddenly that philosophy doesn't work. If your playbook is truly "reading the D and running to space" then the other team will line up the same way each time and see how you "read" that particular alignment; then they know what you are going to do. Hence the 2nd-half shut-down of the go-Longo scheme.

On the Landshart D: There is literally no one on that back 7 who would get a game rep on our team, Benito Jones and Breeland Speaks would be in the 2 deep for our DL if they were in shape at all.

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 10:31 PM
That sounds like backyard football to me.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2017, 11:12 PM
I'm a man ahead of my time! I was running that offense in my back yard when I was 7 back in 1972. I should've become an oc lol

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm a man ahead of my time! I was running that offense in my back yard when I was 7 back in 1972. I should've become an oc lol

Ole Miss will be looking in about three months. Get your application ready.

JoseBrown
And then the qb just starts watching receivers for one that's open. When he finds one he "trusts his cannon" and throws it to him. What a novel concept.

I predict we don't ever play Shea Shea again. By the time the Egg Bowl rolls around he will be injured or have quit by then. They are trying to get him killed doing that crap behind that awful O line with no running game.

IMissJack
Their entire offense is throwing bombs to the receivers they have.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2017, 11:28 PM
And then the qb just starts watching receivers for one that's open. When he finds one he "trusts his cannon" and throws it to him. What a novel concept.

I predict we don't ever play Shea Shea again. By the time the Egg Bowl rolls around he will be injured or have quit by then. They are trying to get him killed doing that crap behind that awful O line with no running game.

If he survives the next 4 games intact it will be a miracle.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Ole Miss will be looking in about three months. Get your application ready.

Naw they can't afford me lol

TUSK
09-17-2017, 11:41 PM
It shouldn't be hard to find an OC that can draw this up:

https://youtu.be/Tnlp53tsJaI

parabrave
09-17-2017, 11:43 PM
That sounds like backyard football to me.

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone go long but Tommie you do a curl. Unfortunately the defense doesn't have to count to 5 Mississippi.

Okrastar1
09-18-2017, 01:02 AM

That's not true... just look at Kimmchee, Laremy "the mask" Tunsil, and "hands" Paidwell. They beg to differ!

Commercecomet24
09-18-2017, 01:05 AM
That's not true... just look at Kimmchee, Laremy "the mask" Tunsil, and "hands" Paidwell. They beg to differ!

Nice! Lol

parabrave
09-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Well according to the sheep we win cause we have the best paid players.

Jacksondevildog
09-18-2017, 05:27 AM
And you wonder why Akers didn't go and play for that Playstation offense.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2017, 05:35 AM
They've come full circle on Luke, too. From he sucks, to he's the next Saban, and now back to he sucks. Just took one loss.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-18-2017, 05:48 AM
28 plays, 28 in their offensive playbook!

somebodyshotmypaw
09-18-2017, 06:19 AM
Their offense has always been centered around building stats, not winning games. They don't run the ball, their offensive tempo kills their own defense, but Shea gets numbers.

Pollodawg
09-18-2017, 06:40 AM
Their offense has always been centered around building stats, not winning games. They don't run the ball, their offensive tempo kills their own defense, but Shea gets numbers.
Freeze was that kid on PS who just throws deep every play and never punts. Luke has followed in his footsteps. Their entire offense is AJ Brown and Patterson scrambling for 20 seconds when the pocket inevitably breaks down.

msbulldog
09-18-2017, 06:42 AM
Patterson head was on a swivel the whole 4th quarter, he was running for his life, he won't last.

Mutt the Hoople
09-18-2017, 06:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Everyone go long but Tommie you do a curl. Unfortunately the defense doesn't have to count to 5 Mississippi.
More like counting to "1 Texas".

msstate7
09-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Patterson head was on a swivel the whole 4th quarter, he was running for his life, he won't last.

Next game is bama. Patterson has faced '16 aTm, '16 vandy, '16 state, USA, UTM, and cal. Om has scored more than 20 1 time against the 4 P5 schools. In those 4 P5 games, Patterson has thrown 6 ints (2 pick 6s)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Next game is bama. Patterson has faced '16 aTm, '16 vandy, '16 state, USA, UTM, and cal. Om has scored more than 20 1 time against the 4 P5 schools. In those 4 P5 games, Patterson has thrown 6 ints (2 pick 6s)

seriously, does any team in the nation ruin big-time talent as much as OM. My God, why do recruits still go there?

anubus
09-18-2017, 12:25 PM

They would give u free passes to high cotton,free gear from rebel hags, and endless supply of cold chicken fingers from the groovy Grove pre and post game.........meh,not worth it

TrapGame
09-18-2017, 12:29 PM
They'll be stuck with Longo and Luke for a while. Even after their good players transfer out.

anubus
09-18-2017, 12:38 PM
What type of coach says we only run 28 plays and don't run routes? That should be a red flag to any qb or wr being recruited by flounder (Luke) and Mr buzzcut (longo) next week Patterson is really gonna be in for a beatdown

Commercecomet24
09-18-2017, 12:51 PM
They would give u free passes to high cotton,free gear from rebel hags, and endless supply of cold chicken fingers from the groovy Grove pre and post game.........meh,not worth it

lol exactly! I wouldn't fit in anyway, I'm to country for that bunch!

parabrave
09-18-2017, 12:54 PM
What type of coach says we only run 28 plays and don't run routes? That should be a red flag to any qb or wr being recruited by flounder (Luke) and Mr buzzcut (longo) next week Patterson is really gonna be in for a beatdown

I wonder if his dad will go berserk on the OM coaches like he did with the Biloxi coaches.

TrapGame
09-18-2017, 12:55 PM

That's sure as hell not preparing Shea for the NFL. I bet his dad is super pissed right now.

Todd4State
09-18-2017, 01:02 PM
I wonder if his dad will go berserk on the OM coaches like he did with the Biloxi coaches.

The Biloxi coaches probably weren't paying him as much as the Ole Miss coaches are. I feel bad for Shea kind of from the standpoint he is stuck in a travel ball family.

GreenheadDawg
09-18-2017, 02:12 PM
The Biloxi coaches probably weren't paying him as much as the Ole Miss coaches are. I feel bad for Shea kind of from the standpoint he is stuck in a travel ball family.

They are basically a 7 on 7 team. SLing it as far as you can and let your receiver make a play. Only works against FCS

Commercecomet24
09-18-2017, 02:14 PM
I noticed SECN didnt talk much about ole shea this week like they had the last 2 weeks lol.

Percho
09-18-2017, 02:27 PM

Methinks, Ole Miss was paying when he was at Biloxi! Ummmm...

somebodyshotmypaw
09-18-2017, 02:29 PM
I feel bad for Shea kind of from the standpoint he is stuck in a travel ball family.

That's a pretty good analogy Todd. Shea is already thinking NFL, and he and his family have been thinking about it since before high school. Because of that, they don't think about the necessary development. And Ole Miss isn't really a program that develops. I think about the development and coaching put into players like Dak. I think Shea went to Ole Miss as a stopover on the way to the NFL. Not as place to improve and prepare for the NFL.

GoDawgz
09-18-2017, 05:03 PM
This past weekend was the first flash of light into the reality of what is to come. The simple fact that the commentators were bragging about Longo only have 28 plays like it was a good thing is the most ole miss thing ever!
And Luke had that lost look on his face for much of the game.....please please please let him keep the job!

They have 2 weeks to let this loss sit, soak and sour....then @Bama, @Burn, Vandy, LSU,....... this past weekend is only the beginning of their woes!

Mimi's Babies
09-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Methinks, Ole Miss was paying when he was at Biloxi! Ummmm...

Me thinks someone was paying for the school in FL also.....
Wonder who holds the bank account on that one?

One thing I did notice after watching the Om game -- How out of shape they are-- most of them look like high school kids with
no weight training. I know that our players have spent many hours in the weight room and are bricks. Change of diet and work outs will "ROCK YOUR WORLD" and
these kids have found that out. #HAILSTATE... Proud of our guys.... and for their discipline-- awesome.....

Dawgowar
09-18-2017, 06:21 PM
They are starting the decline similar to what we went through with Jackie BEFORE sanctions were announced. Last year was 5-7, this year that or worse. JWS's last 3 years were all 2-3 wins a year. They are getting off easy in that regard. Sanctions though, we got 8 scholarships. They will be hit far worse.

Todd4State
09-18-2017, 06:32 PM
They are basically a 7 on 7 team. SLing it as far as you can and let your receiver make a play. Only works against FCS

Exactly. And whatever low level of Texas High School football they got Longo from apparently.

Todd4State
09-18-2017, 06:36 PM
They are starting the decline similar to what we went through with Jackie BEFORE sanctions were announced. Last year was 5-7, this year that or worse. JWS's last 3 years were all 2-3 wins a year. They are getting off easy in that regard. Sanctions though, we got 8 scholarships. They will be hit far worse.

I think they are staring at a long stretch of 2 win seasons. If not worse. After 2018 I suspect AJ and Shea will be gone in some way shape or form. Their depth is already pretty bad at just about every position group except WR. I think we are looking at a more pronounced and longer decline just because as you said their sanctions will be worse and longer.

Leroy Jenkins
09-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Back to back bad recruiting classes will cripple a team. One you can absorb, two is half your roster. How's that crutin been the last year and this year?