PDA

View Full Version : So You Want to Attend A School With a Great Game day Environment?

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2017, 04:55 PM
This is WOW IMO. Just WOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRvWl0E595U

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2017, 05:01 PM
There is a video out there of that from last night that was shot on the field. It's awesome.

RocketDawg
09-17-2017, 05:11 PM
That was definitely cool. Plus, they pretty much played the song all the way through this time, as it should be done.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2017, 05:15 PM
That will give you chills! Absolutely awesome! Rockets right too play it all the way through!

Howboutdemdogs
09-17-2017, 05:55 PM
This is what our marketing department needs to work on getting it National. It was electrifying last night!

SaintDawg
09-17-2017, 06:08 PM
I love the Stone Cold Steve Austin intro music. When you hear the glass, it's your ass! And Triple H's intro music, The Game by Motorhead. Great stuff

Dawgpile
09-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Saw an LSU guy post on tRant complementing our DJ. Nice to see that given our past issues with the sound system.

preachermatt83
09-17-2017, 08:08 PM
There is a video out there of that from last night that was shot on the field. It's awesome.

Link??

GreenheadDawg
09-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Hope we had our top recruits in town. Stadium was rockin

Pollodawg
09-17-2017, 08:23 PM
"Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and — most of all — volume." The Shreveport Times

Commercecomet24
Paul said we had over a hundred football recruits there last night. From next years class all the way though 2020 class.

Liverpooldawg
Link??

I saw it on twitter. I'll see if I can find who had it.

MSUDawg99
09-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Check Brett Hudson, Robby Donoho, Bulldog Sports Radio, Andy Cann, Grantham, etc. Its been RT'd a lot.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2017, 08:28 PM
I saw it on twitter. I'll see if I can find who had it.

It's on Coach Can's Twitter.

HSVDawg
09-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Saw an LSU guy post on tRant complementing our DJ. Nice to see that given our past issues with the sound system.

The sound system itself is still the absolute worst I have ever heard. Legitimately high school quality....doesn't sound any different than when we had the iPad sized jumbotron back in the late 90's. I could have sworn that I heard we were getting a distributed sound system with satellite speakers all along the club level and upper deck tiers (like every other SEC school), but obviously that never happened. Must have been something that got brushed under the rug during the transition from Stricklin to Cohen.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Sound system sounds awesome from the upper deck. Terrible from the lower west side. I am sure there is a reason, but it may just be that the speakers have a narrow projection and we need to add some on the sidelines pointing each direction. May cause an echo though.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-17-2017, 08:38 PM
I love the Stone Cold Steve Austin intro music. When you hear the glass, it's your ass! And Triple H's intro music, The Game by Motorhead. Great stuff

I hope we keep that intro going forward.

SailingDawg
09-17-2017, 08:39 PM
I think it evolves from being a mid-pack team for so long and finding success with a coach, athletic director, and many others with the same beliefs that grow a program. State fans are genuinely excited to be there.

preachermatt83
09-17-2017, 08:56 PM
It's on Coach Can's Twitter.

Tnx bud.

HSVDawg
09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Sound system sounds awesome from the upper deck. Terrible from the lower west side. I am sure there is a reason, but it may just be that the speakers have a narrow projection and we need to add some on the sidelines pointing each direction. May cause an echo though.

I was lower East Side around midfield, and it was awful. That's literally the only complaint I came out of last night with.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2017, 10:37 PM

The cowbell noise is trapped on lower level and it drowns out the sound.

Choctaw Dawg
09-18-2017, 09:05 AM
It sounded pretty great in the upper level, cowbells drowned out the noise and bass but you could still hear it better than you could in the past.

HSVDawg
09-18-2017, 09:13 AM
It sounded pretty great in the upper level, cowbells drowned out the noise and bass but you could still hear it better than you could in the past.

So 30% of the stadium can hear the PA and sound? That's still a big problem. Again, the lower level needs an actual distributed sound system like every other SEC school has with speakers every 30 ft or so mounted along the tiers above the seating areas (use the club level on each side).

Behrdawg
09-18-2017, 09:43 AM
From the Shreveport newspaper:

"Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and ? most of all ? volume.
When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game.

And this one will be ringing in O's ears for a long time."