PDA

View Full Version : Hot Seat Rankings. Guess Who's Numero Tres?

Indndawg
09-17-2017, 01:51 PM
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Indndawg
09-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Don Merlinsdown to 108 with a bullet

Indndawg
09-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Ah, and there's Phat Matt at 72. Wobble on Phat Mat, wobble on

ScreenCaptureThis
09-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Hasn't been updated to reflect Saturday's games. Orgeron might be #1 and Luke #2

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2017, 02:08 PM
If SEC fans had their way...the following teams would have vacancies today......

Arkansas
aTm
Tennessee
LSU
Ole Miss

Chip Kelly is going to have his pick of Jobs. Ha!

RocketDawg
09-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Hasn't been updated to reflect Saturday's games. Orgeron might be #1 and Luke #2

OM can't fire Luke right now. Who'd they hire?

Reason2succeed
09-17-2017, 02:27 PM
If SEC fans had their way...the following teams would have vacancies today......

Arkansas
aTm
Tennessee
LSU
Ole Miss

Fans at Georgia, Auburn, and Florida are one loss away from having their coach on that list too. Chip Kelly is going to be a busy man.

confucius say
09-17-2017, 10:20 PM

Arkansas
aTm
Tennessee
LSU
Ole Miss

Not this sec fan. I hope all five of those keep their current coaches.

TUSK
09-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Sumlin not #1? List is shite.

Actually, he shouldn't be on the list, at all... He's already been fired, it's just not official, yet.*

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 10:34 PM

I bet they would promote Bicknell. Which I suspect might be why he was hired in the first place since there is a very distinct possibility that Luke will get a show cause. I would be very surprised if Luke is back next year regardless. I suspect that their plan is to appeal their sanctions but now with Freeze gone they may go ahead and try to move forward once the penalties are announced.

msbulldog
09-18-2017, 07:00 AM
Ogeron has a 12M buyout this year.

1bigdawg
09-18-2017, 07:52 AM
I bet they would promote Bicknell. Which I suspect might be why he was hired in the first place since there is a very distinct possibility that Luke will get a show cause. I would be very surprised if Luke is back next year regardless. I suspect that their plan is to appeal their sanctions but now with Freeze gone they may go ahead and try to move forward once the penalties are announced.

The NCAA investigative staff did not recommend Luke for a show cause or even a suspension and I don't believe the committee will go beyond the staff recommendations on those.

dogshiek
09-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Sumlin not #1? List is shite.

Actually, he shouldn't be on the list, at all... He's already been fired, it's just not official, yet.*

Double secret probation?

Mimi's Babies
09-18-2017, 08:26 AM
The NCAA investigative staff did not recommend Luke for a show cause or even a suspension and I don't believe the committee will go beyond the staff recommendations on those.

There are 6 names listed between page 30 and 45 that are not listed in the boosters list. Why aren't they?

Behrdawg
09-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Oregeron isn't going anywhere. LSU will give him 3 years. O doesn't have a huge salary so he is protected on the back end with his buyout. LSU isn't Auburn- they aren't going to fire someone over one game.

Kyper
09-18-2017, 08:41 AM

Yep. Orgeron probably gets 2 more years but will at the very least coach in 2018. LSU is still paying Miles, they arent going to add another bill.

MarketingBully
09-18-2017, 08:45 AM

What I find funny is that they could buy out O for $12 million but wouldn't pay Fisher $7 million a year? Laughable at best.

Tbonewannabe
09-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Coach O will recruit well but who doesn't at LSU. He will win between 7-9 games for the next couple of years then they will let him go. The question is where does Chip Kelly land? There is going to be several jobs available so he is going to have a lot to choose from. UCLA would probably be a great job if he wants to stay on the west coast. ND if he wants to bring back the tradition to the Irish. A&M if he wants to go to a sleeping giant. UM if someone has pictures of him with a live boy or dead girl but he still might choose prison over coaching in that shit hole.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-18-2017, 10:02 AM
Saban and Dabo should be tied for last here. How is any coach safer than these two?

smootness
09-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Saban and Dabo should be tied for last here. How is any coach safer than these two?

Well, Dabo is last. And I'm guessing there are a few below Saban because it is Alabama, after all, and he just finished a year without a national title. The natives are getting restless.

MSUDAWGFAN
09-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Gruden*******

Hasu Dackds
09-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Yep, they hired him to take a chance and see if he turns out like Dabo, and if he doesn't, he will have stockpiled enough talent for the next coach to come in and win immediately. Dabo recruits and manages the program, and stays out of the coordinators' way. I think they'll give O 3 years to implement that.

However, while I get the theory, at the end of the day, I think it was a bad hire. O isn't Dabo. And plus, he has talent now. He's really just missing a QB, though I'm not sure Etling is horrible. But since he missed on Key Thompson last year, he's still at least 2 years away from finding that piece, assuming any true freshman won't light the world on fire in their first year. He's essentially got to land a Jameis Winston type in the 2018 class that produces as a second year player in 2019 or he's gone.

Maybe Narcisse gets it done. I guess they COULD fire him after 2018 but that would negate any possible recruiting advantages.