PDA

View Full Version : The Narrative: Ed O is a mistake hire

Apoplectic
09-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Which is why we won. Dammit cant these media morons just say it? MSU not as talented but played better and coached better. I actually like O and thot he said the right things last week.

Mutt the Hoople
09-17-2017, 08:15 AM
What happened last night was a changing of the guard- THE Mississippi State University is ready to take over the College Football World.

Pollodawg
09-17-2017, 08:17 AM
I thought they painted the picture all week that all O had to do was get out of the way and let his coordinators coach. They couldn't save him?

BiscuitEater
09-17-2017, 08:32 AM
And, the streak continues .. Ed O has never won in Starkville. That he got beat twice by Sly Croom is telling.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2017, 08:33 AM
LSU looks good getting off the bus. They have speed. The media is right,Coach O wasn't a good hire but it was the best they could get. Just goes to show, firing and hiring isn't a guarantee of anything.

As for last night, Coach O ran into one of the best coaches in country. He won't have that obstacle but in one more SECW game.

MetEdDawg
09-17-2017, 08:40 AM
We beat Les Miles by 14-17 points last night. Still would have been a dominant performance no matter who was coaching. We were the better team and it really wasn't even close.

To add, a lot of us pointed to 2017 as the year. Early results are in and this team and its staff is damn good.

Dawgfan77
09-17-2017, 08:52 AM
I think some of you all and especially the media are under selling out talent. We don't have a bear or Ross but our OL and DL are fantastic. And our smaller WR are quick and fast. This team top to bottom is deeper and more talented than the 14 team. Next week against UGA will be a battle for number 2 in the SEC.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2017, 08:57 AM
You saw the speed of Donald Gray on that punt return. LSU had the angle and him sealed to the sideline. He just ran by th LSU guy closest, in position to make a tackle. Thomas is fast.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2017, 09:12 AM
We beat Les Miles by 14-17 points last night. Still would have been a dominant performance no matter who was coaching. We were the better team and it really wasn't even close.

To add, a lot of us pointed to 2017 as the year. Early results are in and this team and its staff is damn good.

Nope. We only jumped on miles once the entire time he was there and he still pulled within 4 by the end of the game. Some people just have your number even when you are the better team. Saban and miles has Dan's number.

3rdGen
09-17-2017, 09:16 AM
I don't care what they say! I was there last night, saw it with my own balls and even my wife was able to see how pumped up those recruits and players were last night. We sold the brand last night to a bunch of kids against a formidable opponent. And we dominated them! This ain't no FCS school, no CUSA "champ" that was LSU and I don't give a shit what anyone thinks we whooped that ass and I am proud to be a bulldawg and will celebrate this all week. The brand is on the rise! There are entire classes of high school kids who have only known MSU as a perennial Bowl bowl team. Think about that! Put that in your pipe light it on fire and get a deep puff of what's going on at the lowest levels of our states society, boys and girls , ladies and gentlemen! It is a new day in bulldawg future. Yeah we have a long way to go but we have made it to the top before. We just gotta keep climbing!

HAILSTATE!!!!!!!!

As a side note where did those "matrix" account for the two best oc/dc team to get destroyed and out coached by The Wizard AND "Money" Grantham!

WinningIsRelentless
09-17-2017, 09:20 AM
We just lined up and rammed it down their throats on both sides of the ball. Nothing O could do about that.

Dawgfan77
09-17-2017, 09:21 AM
I don't care what they say! I was there last night, saw it with my own balls !!

Best quote of the day!!

redstickdawg
09-17-2017, 09:31 AM
The difference this game was not the coaching, it was the trenches where this game was won. O may suck as a coach, but they were blown off the ball all night long and coaching is not what caused that. THe rating services do not evaluate talent as well as coaches whose livelihood requires evaluations.

msstatelp1
09-17-2017, 11:32 AM
The difference this game was not the coaching, it was the trenches where this game was won. O may suck as a coach, but they were blown off the ball all night long and coaching is not what caused that. THe rating services do not evaluate talent as well as coaches whose livelihood requires evaluations.

While watching the game I was thinking that all of our players were playing all out. Everybody was trying to do their job to the best of their ability. As a long time State fan, this is the offense I've wanted forever and this D is what I expect a Mississippi State D to be. F the "bend don't break" bullshit, ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!.

Dawgface
09-17-2017, 11:54 AM
The Narrative: Ed O is a mistake hire

Maybe so. But if I remember right, the guys they wanted turned the job down. High profile coaches are not beating the door down for the job. They better focus on a good coordinator next time around.

Maroons
09-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Which is why we won. Dammit cant these media morons just say it? MSU not as talented but played better and coached better. I actually like O and thot he said the right things last week.

We're more talented than LSU at every position group, except RB, and it showed. We're bigger, faster, more physical, and just have more badasses.

Apoplectic
09-17-2017, 12:30 PM
We're more talented than LSU at every position group, except RB, and it showed. We're bigger, faster, more physical, and just have more badasses.

cmon - i would take everyone of their DBs and WRs and OLs

BulldogBear
09-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Nope. We only jumped on miles once the entire time he was there and he still pulled within 4 by the end of the game. Some people just have your number even when you are the better team. Saban and miles has Dan's number.

Because CDM hadn't learned how to deliver the killshot yet. We let them come back. We could've named our score.

Leroy Jenkins
09-17-2017, 01:01 PM
The Narrative: Ed O is a mistake hire

Maybe so. But if I remember right, the guys they wanted turned the job down. High profile coaches are not beating the door down for the job. They better focus on a good coordinator next time around.

When the UT job came open they lost the guy they wanted.

TrapGame
09-17-2017, 01:16 PM
When the UT job came open they lost the guy they wanted.

And that ain't working out at the present time.

Buliwyf
09-17-2017, 02:43 PM
I have to agree in part, Ed O was a terrible hire but that is not why they got throttled last night.