PDA

View Full Version : Just remember, it was Troy. They have a horrible defense......

Goat Holder
09-21-2013, 10:36 PM
If Dak shows out vs. LSU, I'll be a believer. But not until then. This will be debated for 2 weeks I'm sure. People criticize Mullen for not beating a good team, well, Dak hasn't done it either.

He's definitely earned the right to start, though.

msstate7
09-21-2013, 10:40 PM
What good team has TR beat?

I seen it dawg
09-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Thank you. Dak is the better QB at this point.

archdog
09-21-2013, 10:45 PM
What good team has TR beat?

You guys act like TR isn't even a bulldog. Dak looked strong today and last week. This guy is young and still is trying to make all the plays. It will take him and hte RB's next game to get it done.

Everyone was talking about Troy's offense and how potent they are. We shut them down and did exactly what any SEC team should do to them. We were coming off a terrible loss and rebounded. We did exactly what we needed to do today. Hell we even went vertical. Gives LSU something to look at.

maroonmania
09-21-2013, 10:45 PM
You are definitely correct. At one point during the game thread I said that the Troy defense looked every bit as bad as Alcorn. Remember the Ark St team that lost to Memphis tonight 31-7 put 41 points on them.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:49 PM
If Dak shows out vs. LSU, I'll be a believer. But not until then. This will be debated for 2 weeks I'm sure. People criticize Mullen for not beating a good team, well, Dak hasn't done it either.

You would rather Dak fail and us lose than to admit that Tyler just isn't the right fit. I don't give a shit if Dak beats LsU...that doesn't make Tyler the better QB for us. Nothing can be done that will make TR the better QB for a Mullen offense, and I think it's sad that you could post something questioning Dak when he has been the only positive for our football team in the last 10 games for the most part. Are you that worried about being right or wrong on the QB issue? Because personally, I would rather Russell prove me wrong and us win games...but after over 2 seasons, it is not looking like that's going to happen. Not his fault, just not a good offense for him.

gravedigger
09-21-2013, 11:02 PM
A men. Doesn't matter if we lose to lsu. Our offense is what it should be with dak.

Don't care who we have or haven't beaten. This is obvious. Dan is gaming lsu. Tyler should play against them. But it should be daks job to lose.

Saltydog
09-21-2013, 11:08 PM
him throw the ball and our WR's won't be open like they were tonight.

SignalToNoise
09-21-2013, 11:18 PM
him throw the ball and our WR's won't be open like they were tonight.
Then Tyler will be useless against them as well.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Start Tyler, play Dak. I have no problem "starting" Tyler, as long as Dak gets as many first team practice reps as he needs over the next 2 weeks, so he is ready to do most of the actual playing.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 11:22 PM

Exactly!!! Thank you!!

What people don't realize is that our WR's have a BETTER chance at getting open with Dak in the game because we actually have a threat at play action passes.

I swear their are people in our fan base that would rather Dak fail than to admit that TR just isn't the best fit for our offense to be successful. What is so hard to understand? Our offense has 10 times the capability when we have a run threat at QB.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Start Tyler, play Dak. I have no problem "starting" Tyler, as long as Dak gets as many first team practice reps as he needs over the next 2 weeks, so he is ready to do most of the actual playing.

I disagree. Start Dak, play Dak. It's what has been working...why go away from what is working?

Homedawg
09-21-2013, 11:26 PM

Agreed they aren't good. However, how many times have we laid an egg against a team like that ? Well too often unfortunately. Enjoy the W and pray we stay healthy. Lsu will be in a big time lull when they come here.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2013, 11:30 PM
I disagree. Start Dak, play Dak. It's what has been working...why go away from what is working?

I think you misunderstand me. What I mean is, if Mullen is gonna put Tyler in there for our first snap that's fine by me, as long as he's ready to put DAK in right away, and has given Dak all he needs in prep work to be the real QB in our game. I was certainly not suggesting we should start TR.

Boya
09-21-2013, 11:51 PM

Yep...and they weren't any good last year either, but we didn't hang 60 on them...

Coach34
09-21-2013, 11:51 PM

dead on

Dakota makes the D respect the run- Tyler at QB make the defense cover the pass and only put 4 upfront to stop the run

Bothrops
09-21-2013, 11:54 PM

Dak is a stud, just except it. LSU would love to have him right now.

PassInterference
09-22-2013, 12:55 AM
The awesome news here is that we have now faced two prolific high tempo, high scoring offenses and we shut both of them down.

Goat Holder
09-22-2013, 08:56 AM
You are stupid if you believe that.

Goat Holder
09-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Our offense is what it should be with dak.

Our offense should be whatever it needs to be to score more points than the other team. I don't know if Dak is the answer, I hope he is, but he struggled to do that at Auburn.

Bubb Rubb
09-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Exactly!!! Thank you!!

What people don't realize is that our WR's have a BETTER chance at getting open with Dak in the game because we actually have a threat at play action passes.

I swear their are people in our fan base that would rather Dak fail than to admit that TR just isn't the best fit for our offense to be successful. What is so hard to understand? Our offense has 10 times the capability when we have a run threat at QB.

Pot meet kettle. There are too many people wanting Tyler out of the picture as well. We have too many armchair coaches who don't know what they are talking about.

Bottom line is this: Mullen is going to play who HE thinks gives this team the best chance to win. Instead of shitting on Russell or Dak, let's just get behind whomever gets the start.

bocfarm
09-22-2013, 11:34 AM
You are definitely correct. At one point during the game thread I said that the Troy defense looked every bit as bad as Alcorn. Remember the Ark St team that lost to Memphis tonight 31-7 put 41 points on them.

Which is exactly why I put 500 on the good guys after i saw the Memphis score.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Pot meet kettle. There are too many people wanting Tyler out of the picture as well. We have too many armchair coaches who don't know what they are talking about.

Bottom line is this: Mullen is going to play who HE thinks gives this team the best chance to win. Instead of shitting on Russell or Dak, let's just get behind whomever gets the start.

Thanks for your insight Gene Swindoll, but this is a message board. I would rather see our team win, than to try to make TR and his loyal fan club happy. If you have read ANY of my posts, you would know that I have said, "if TR can lead us to wins better than Dak, then let's go with TR"....but he hasn't proven that. And it's not his fault. But you can't go screwing with someone that is working...and Dak is CLEARLY working in our offense right now. We have had 3 straight games of looking pretty good offensively. If Dan doesn't go conservative against Auburn, then Dak has led us to 3 straight victories and looked good doing it.

This is far more a case of me wanting to see us stick with what's working, and guys like you just wanting to see Tyler play well, than anything else.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Our offense should be whatever it needs to be to score more points than the other team. I don't know if Dak is the answer, I hope he is, but he struggled to do that at Auburn.

No he didn't. He got us points until Mullen handcuffed him.

Dawgface
09-22-2013, 12:15 PM
No he didn't. He got us points until Mullen handcuffed him.

Exactly. Mullen went conservative when we got the lead. Thinking the D could get it done. Didn't work out.

Goat Holder
09-22-2013, 12:52 PM
This isn't completely true. Prescott missed numerous reads and numerous wide open receivers.

Damn, son, I'm not hating on him, I'm just stating the truth. It was his first road start, it was expected.