PDA

View Full Version : Mullen has announced Russell as starter from here on out...

WCUdawg88
09-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Facepalm.

DapperDawg
09-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Are you surprised?

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Are you serious?

If so, he is a dumbass.

WCUdawg88
09-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes, according to all the beat writers on Twitter.. Sigh, makes perfect sense

msstate7
09-21-2013, 10:22 PM
TR may start, but dak will play I'm sure. TR will have a leash about 6" long. He better perform early or dak will be in ASAP IMO

ckDOG
Oh lawdy. Let's have the offense get in rhythm and change shit up. Just when I thought I didn't have anything to bitch about....

Coach34
wtf?

maroonmania
09-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Only hope to beat LSU is Prescott as the QB and Sobiesk as the FG kicker on anything inside 40 yards. I will say though that Russell's best game during the losing streak to end the year last year was the LSU game.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2013, 10:25 PM
This is Crooms ****ing moronic. Fire his ass during opening kickoff if Tyler starts LSU game. All this life and energy on offense comes from Dak. Just put our offense back in the coffin if TR starts again.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Oh lawdy. Let's have the offense get in rhythm and change shit up. Just when I thought I didn't have anything to bitch about....

Exactly. This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard if true. If Dan isn't careful, this type of shit could lose the team. You don't **** with a good thing. And that's exactly what it sounds like he is about to do. Just when I thought I could be happy with Mullen for a little while, he does something like this and makes me pissed at him again

Coach34
09-21-2013, 10:26 PM
""Tyler is our starting quarterback. We plan on Tyler being the starter against LSU and going forward."

Shirley he is playing mindgames with Lester- there is no way he has watched our offense and decided Russell needs to be in

angusyoung
09-21-2013, 10:27 PM
It's just gamesmanship.

ckDOG
09-21-2013, 10:30 PM
""Tyler is our starting quarterback. We plan on Tyler being the starter against LSU and going forward."

Shirley he is playing mindgames with Lester- there is no way he has watched our offense and decided Russell needs to be in

Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this. Please be this

messageboardsuperhero
09-21-2013, 10:32 PM
I was just about to say... This almost HAS to be mind games. If not, this rivals, if not surpasses anything Croom ever did.

Goat Holder
09-21-2013, 10:34 PM
If you've been around MSU football at all, you know how this will unfold.

Prescott WILL start vs. LSU. Mullen just wants them to prepare for 2 QBs. Prescott will struggle vs. a good team, then we'll put in Russell. He'll do some good things, but we'll end up losing by a FG.

Rinse, repeat. The MSU QB curse continues.

Todd4State
09-21-2013, 10:36 PM
This could work if Dan knew how to use a two QB system. I do realize this was not their best night- but Troy has had a lot of success using two QB's. Tyler can do some things that Dak can't and Dak can do some things that Tyler can't. If we can use them together, we could potentially be even better on offense.

And yes, I just typed that on a night where we scored 62 points.

gravedigger
09-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Don't agree w the conclusion but I do see us using 2 qbs vs lsu. Our defense will win or lose that game.

gravedigger
09-21-2013, 10:42 PM
That is to say I think Mullen learned tonight to take what the defense gives. Dak won't b able to run until the pass is established. We will attempt to do that very thing. I loved the reduction in pocket passes this week. Timing spread plays are the key to the whole thing. It's why dak had so much running room. Morrow should drop to second string. We must use that tight end fly pattern to uncrowd the box.

Defense will be key.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Dak is the perfect QB to face LSU. They have a smash mouth offense that shouldn't be able to score at will on our D, and we need to make sure we sustain clock eating drives and establish the run. Dak allows us to do that. If we do start Russell, we need new leadership.

The Croom Diaries
09-21-2013, 10:47 PM
This is what I want Mullen to say. Why wouldn't you say Tyler is the starter when he is a completely different QB than Dak, so LSU will have to prepare for both? Are the QB police going to lock him up? He did the same thing vs. Auburn and Troy. With two QB with totally different skill sets, it's the smart thing to do. He's playing the hand he's been dealt pretty well I think in that regard.

Also, I haven't been on this board much lately, just haven't had time, but I'd like to credit Cadaver for being right on Dak from back in July. There were others saying it, but I don't remember anyone as adamant as him. And I was wrong on that front, my faith in Mullen's ability got in the way. Hopefully that isn't the case here, and it is like I think it is, Dak will play 98-100% of the snaps vs. the Tigahs.

Todd4State
09-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Dak is the perfect QB to face LSU. They have a smash mouth offense that shouldn't be able to score at will on our D, and we need to make sure we sustain clock eating drives and establish the run. Dak allows us to do that. If we do start Russell, we need new leadership.

Do we really want Dak running 22 times into their defense though? That seems like a good way to get two QB's with concussions.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Do we really want Dak running 22 times into their defense though? That seems like a good way to get two QB's with concussions.

No, he shouldn't run 22 times against anybody...and if we don't go conservative against Auburn, he wouldn't have done it in that game either. We just have to keep being creative on O like tonight, and Dak won't have to carry the ball 20-25 times

Political Hack
09-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Dak can not carry the ball 20+ times against LSU. Both will have to play.

NorCalDawg
09-21-2013, 11:01 PM

I'm not buying that. I just don't think there's that much to prepare for with Russell at QB. No disrespect to Russell because I think he is a great quarterback, but if I'm Miles I'm preparing for Dak. Furthermore, this is Dak's team now and this team works best when Dak is in. If you take it away from him it could be the death knell for this season.

Mullen has always said you've got to put your team in the best position to win. So, based on that he has to keep starting Dak until he proves he is not the best option to win. If Mullen does start Russell against LSU then he is a hypocrite.

Fader21
09-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Prescott WILL start vs. LSU. Mullen just wants them to prepare for 2 QBs. Prescott will struggle vs. a good team, then we'll put in Russell. He'll do some good things, but we'll end up losing by a FG.

Don't tell our secret. We all know Les and co read elite dawgs

Will James
09-21-2013, 11:31 PM
I bet Russell starts.

Coach34
09-21-2013, 11:37 PM
I bet Russell starts.

Yes, we are going to revert back to depending on Morrow for offensive production

Bothrops
09-22-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm ok with it, except starting LSU. Dak will be in soon to try to save a drive. Then Dak from there. I'd wait and start Tyler against Bowling Green.

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Yes, we are going to revert back to depending on Morrow for offensive production

He is just ****ing with Les. Les is the one coach in the SeC that may believe Dan.

Sure, Tyler May take the first snap, but Dak will take the rest.

preachermatt83
09-22-2013, 12:39 AM
I was just about to say... This almost HAS to be mind games. If not, this rivals, if not surpasses anything Croom ever did.

and should without a doubt be a fire-able offence.. if tyler starts scott should walk onto the sideline and fire dan then and there

bulldawg28
09-22-2013, 07:10 AM
At the Auburn game it was announced that Russell was the starter over the PA. As we all know Dak was the man. I see you Mullen you sly dog.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:31 AM
and should without a doubt be a fire-able offence.. if tyler starts scott should walk onto the sideline and fire dan then and there

please use sarcasteriks.

Coach 57
09-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Gamesmanship.....period. Tyler playing against that defense spells doom for us. Dak needs to be in to put stress on the front 7 which will always mean a safety walking down too. When that happens separation happens from the WRs down field and Dak finds his check downs. But the guy that can put the most pressure on them is Malcolm/Brandon Hill on the post or seam routes on the hash. They are the weapons of choice that should exploit a Chavis defense.

Will James
09-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Dans quote was something like "Tyler's the leader of this team and we'll rally behind him"

You don't say THAT out of gamesmanship. I'm telling you now, TR will start. You think Mullen just dropped the stubbornness? There is no doubt in my mind who the starter will be, none.

Dawgface
09-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Dans quote was something like "Tyler's the leader of this team and we'll rally behind him"

You don't say THAT out of gamesmanship. I'm telling you now, TR will start. You think Mullen just dropped the stubbornness? There is no doubt in my mind who the starter will be, none.

Wouldn't surprise me either. The dumbass left Tyler in the damn Gator bowl when everyone knew he wasn't right. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't do the same thing against LSU.

Original48
09-22-2013, 08:46 AM
I don't understand when people say Mullen wants people to prepare for two QBs. It's the same offense for BOTH. The only difference is one QB is immobile.

msstatelp1
09-22-2013, 08:57 AM
If Russell is healthy, I think he starts. Your senior QB doesn't lose his starting position because of an injury. The biggest question I have is how long a leash does TR have?

FlabLoser
09-22-2013, 09:45 AM
He is just ****ing with Les. Les is the one coach in the SeC that may believe Dan.

Sure, Tyler May take the first snap, but Dak will take the rest.

When you say Les....which Les?

Will James
09-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Your senior QB doesn't lose his starting position because of an injury.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

How do you think the other 90+ players feel not putting your best chance to win on the field because of ONE guy who isn't as much of a locker room leader as it is anyway.

It_Could_Happen
09-22-2013, 11:14 AM
I heard last night that Dan said in his post game press conference that Russell was the team's quarterback and he would start against LSU. Do you guys know anything about that?

NorCalDawg
09-22-2013, 11:44 AM
What?! No, no. I haven't anything like that at all.**

I assume you're joking. There are a few threads about this already.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?5936-Mullen-has-announced-Russell-as-starter-from-here-on-out

It_Could_Happen
09-22-2013, 12:30 PM

It. Could. Happen

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2013, 02:19 PM
The only thing that makes sense, he is going to let Russell play and of course he will struggle and it will then be painfully obvious to everyone that Dak is the guy.

Either that or Dan wants to make sure that Dak is healthy for Egg Bowl.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 02:22 PM
The only thing that makes sense, he is going to let Russell play and of course he will struggle and it will then be painfully obvious to everyone that Dak is the guy.

I think this is very possible also- but I hate to waste valuable possessions in this game with Russell

engie
09-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't want Dak to have to try to come from behind against LSU. Period. It's a recipe for failure.

I'm fine with him giving Russell a few scripted drives where he generally has great success -- but his leash has to be ridiculously short...

PMDawg
09-22-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but Russell had no problem lighting up crappy defenses either. Dak looks good and the play calling looks better with him in there...but are we just going to ignore the second half of the auburn and OSU games? As long as Les and Dan are in charge of the offense, I have little confidence against real defenses, no matter who is under center.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Zero chance tyler starts

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but Russell had no problem lighting up crappy defenses either. Dak looks good and the play calling looks better with him in there...but are we just going to ignore the second half of the auburn and OSU games? As long as Les and Dan are in charge of the offense, I have little confidence against real defenses, no matter who is under center.

No one expects us to look like Baylor, but it's abundantly clear how Mullen is simply more comfortable calling plays with a mobile QB, always has, always will.

msstatelp1
09-22-2013, 04:34 PM
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

How do you think the other 90+ players feel not putting your best chance to win on the field because of ONE guy who isn't as much of a locker room leader as it is anyway.

I think it's generally an accepted truth that your starter loses his job because someone beat him out not because he got hurt and someone else took over. In all honesty, I hope DM starts Dak but at some point he will give Russell a shot...and I wouldn't be surprised if its against LSU because we have 2 weeks to get ready for them.

Gordon Gekko
09-22-2013, 04:39 PM
I think it's generally an accepted truth that your starter loses his job because someone beat him out not because he got hurt and someone else took over. In all honesty, I hope DM starts Dak but at some point he will give Russell a shot...and I wouldn't be surprised if its against LSU because we have 2 weeks to get ready for them.

Didn't Bledsoe lose his job to Brady due to injury? That worked out well for the Patriot fans even if it didn't work out for the Bledsoe fans.

Diggs
09-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Completely agree with this here. You HAVE to give Tyler the chance to regain his starting position. If it doesn't go well, the problem I am worried about is Mullen's thought process. At what point does he transition his thinking from "Tyler is just rusty" to "Tyler really isn't our best option?"

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Completely agree with this here. You HAVE to give Tyler the chance to regain his starting position. If it doesn't go well, the problem I am worried about is Mullen's thought process. At what point does he transition his thinking from "Tyler is just rusty" to "Tyler really isn't our best option?"

Why?? Is it about winning games or being fair? Is this f'ing little league now?

Are we going to give our team a trophy even if they lose too?

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 04:47 PM

No you don't. This isnt youth league it's big boy football. If the 2nd guy is better and brings something the team needs to the table you play him.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 04:49 PM
No you don't. This isnt youth league it's big boy football.if the 2nd guys as better and brings something the team needs to the table you play him.

Exactly.

Leave it to MSU fans to finally have a winner at QB and all of the sudden care more about being fair and not hurting feelings.

I just want to win.

Diggs
09-22-2013, 04:56 PM
This has nothing to do with his damn feelings.

It's all about the recruiting pitch! We have a hard ENOUGH time to recruiting QB's at State... why make it even harder? Would you want to commit to a school that immediately replaces you, without a chance to win back your job, should an injury happen?

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 04:57 PM

don't be patient with your judgement. you will be crucified for not jumping on the backup QB bandwagon.

Our offense has looked like crap against two BCS teams.

Will James
09-22-2013, 05:00 PM

It's all about the recruiting pitch! We have a hard ENOUGH time to recruiting QB's at State... why make it even harder? Would you want to commit to a school that immediately replaces you, without a chance to win back your job, should an injury happen?

I think we should be showcasing the dual threat QB's to QB recruits. Also, I think they care about winning more. Also, if they think that we aren't playing the best they will not sign here. Also if the reason they like us is that we let the old guys play no matter what then they do not care about competing for a job or focusing once they get that job.

This is one of the more asinine posts eva

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:02 PM

It's all about the recruiting pitch!

What are you talking about? Playing Dakota tells recruits- "You dont have to sit your ass on the bench and wait for the guy ahead of you to graduate if you are outplaying him."

Playing Dakota helps recruiting- not hinders it

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:03 PM

Would you want to go to a school that when you get your chance when the lights are on and you perform well you get sent back to the bench for the guy who is not better than you?

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:05 PM
don't be patient with your judgement. you will be crucified for not jumping on the backup QB bandwagon.

Our offense looked like shit for most of last yr and the half TR played this yr. Can you deny that there is not more life and better tempo since there has been a new QB under center?

Diggs
09-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I think we should be showcasing the dual threat QB's to QB recruits. Also, I think they care about winning more. Also, if they think that we aren't playing the best they will not sign here. Also if the reason they like us is that we let the old guys play no matter what then they do not care about competing for a job or focusing once they get that job.

This is one of the more asinine posts eva

Did I say anything about letting the "old guy" continue to play without competition for his job? Or that Dak shouldn't continue to compete? Please point me to that.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:09 PM

20 points and 415 yards of offense on the road is not crap- I mean you are literally lying at this point

You know what looks like crap?

Russell has never put up 20 points vs an SEC team that's 6-6 or better...Dak did it 1st time out the gate

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-22-2013, 05:12 PM
If u think tyler should start over dak, u know shit from shinola about football. Im a huge tyler fan and think he will play in nfl and dak will never sniff nfl but being good in college is different.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:14 PM

And another thing....I think we are doing a decent job at recruiting QBs lately...we stole Williams and got 2 good QB commits already for this class. Our recruiting of QB is doing damn fine and none of them is a damn statue drop back passer. The only QB we have recruited in the last 5 yrs are dual threats. And we are getting good ones starting with Dak.

PMDawg
09-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Our offense looked like shit for most of last yr and the half TR played this yr. Can you deny that there is not more life and better tempo since there has been a new QB under center?

My original point is that it hasn't looked good (against real defenses) in a long long time. I'd say since game 2 in 2011. No matter who has been under center. Putting Dak in will help some, but I'm not holding my breath thinking it will be enough to matter.

Will James
09-22-2013, 05:20 PM

I do.

10 3rd down conversions TOTAL in our SEC losses last year is crap.

1st half shutouts vs TX AM are crap.

Being down 38-0 vs Bama.....31-0 to A&M...... and 41-17 to OM is crap.

C/ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
INT
QBR

T. Russell (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/483147/tyler-russell) 12/28

is crap

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:23 PM
10 3rd down conversions TOTAL in our SEC losses last year is crap.

B-b-b-but we arent one-dimensional with Tyler????? How can this be?

PMDawg
09-22-2013, 05:25 PM
20 points and 415 yards of offense on the road is not crap- I mean you are literally lying at this point

Russell has never put up 20 points vs an SEC team that's 6-6 or better...Dak did it 1st time out the gate

And 153 yards and 7 points of that came in the 2nd half once auburn adjusted to him. 75 yards and all 7 points came on our first drive of the 2nd half. Our OL and offensive coaches are holding the offense back far far more than who is playing QB. We will go as far as our defense can carry us this year.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:27 PM
If u think tyler should start over dak, u know shit from shinola about football. Im a huge tyler fan and think he will play in nfl and dak will never sniff nfl but being good in college is different.

so your continued hate of Mullen should be bolstered since he was with them all spring, summer, and fall camp and chose TR over Dak? I guess me and the guy making $3M a year don't know shit from shinola.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2013, 05:28 PM
so your continued hate of Mullen should be bolstered since he was with them all spring, summer, and fall camp and chose TR over Dak? I guess me and the guy making $3M a year don't know shit from shinola.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronny
09-22-2013, 05:29 PM
...Russell against LSU then it's proof positive Mullen has lost his ****ing mind & is actively working to sabotage the MSU football program.

I realize between Russell & Mullen there is a strong daddy figure dynamic at play; that's the danger of these coaches getting too literal about this daddy figure stuff: They get emotional about their "sons" & allow them to start over the player most deserving.

Of course, MUllen is the same coach who had a severely limping Perkins in the game when MSU was up by 40 so it's not like Dan Mullen is a stranger to pulling some really crazy shit.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
And 153 yards and 7 points of that came in the 2nd half once auburn adjusted to him. 75 yards and all 7 points came on our first drive of the 2nd half. Our OL and offensive coaches are holding the offense back far far more than who is playing QB. We will go as far as our defense can carry us this year.

Why is it that everyone except you and Hack can see that the 2nd half shitfest against Auburn was because Mullen got conservative and quit mixing it up?

Oh that's right, because if you admit to that you will have absolutely nothing to help with your Russell argument.

It wasn't "adjustments", it was that Mullen started calling zone read after zone read, to try and run clock.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:36 PM
CDM is squarely on the hot seat. If he starts TR it's because he thinks he can win with TR.

If any of you think we can win against LSU with 90% of the offense running trough Dak you're an idiot. It's superman level hard for a QB to carry the ball 20+ times against teams like LSU and survive the SEC week to week.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Why is it that everyone except you and Hack can see that the 2nd half shitfest against Auburn was because Mullen got conservative and quit mixing it up?

Oh that's right, because if you admit to that you will have absolutely nothing to help with your Russell argument.

It wasn't "adjustments", it was that Mullen started calling zone read after zone read, to try and run clock.

you mean me, PM, and Matt Wyatt.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:38 PM
well, regardless- why doesnt the 1st half count when EJ had all week to prepare? Why doesnt the first drive of the 2nd half count when he just had time to adjust at halftime?

We scored 20...missed an easy FG...and had a retarded 2pt attempt.

415 yards is 415 yards and 20 points is 20points. Russell has not produced either vs an SEC team with a record of 6-6 or better

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:40 PM
CDM is squarely on the hot seat. If he starts TR it's because he thinks he can win with TR.

If any of you think we can win against LSU with 90% of the offense running trough Dak you're an idiot. It's superman level hard for a QB to carry the ball 20+ times against teams like LSU and survive the SEC week to week.

Dak only ran 5 times last night. I dont think anybody wants him to run it 20 times vs LSU

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 05:40 PM

Why do we have to run it 20+ times against LSU? What a dumb statement. Yea, if we run Dak up the middle 20+ times and play conservative like we did at the end of the Auburn game, you're right. But why would we do that? Why wouldn't we just use the offense that just blistered Troy, and that lit up Auburn in the first half??

You are making yourself look silly. Dak threw for way more than we ran for last night in the first half. We aren't just a zone read team with Dak like you are trying to falsely claim.

I'm disappointed that you are fighting this so hard. And what happens when you and your "apparently me and. Mullen think Tyler should start" shit gets made to look foolish when Mullen starts Dak against LSU? Then It will be you, and only you I guess.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:43 PM
well, regardless- why doesnt the 1st half count when EJ had all week to prepare? Why doesnt the first drive of the 2nd half count when he just had time to adjust at halftime?

We scored 20...missed an easy FG...and had a retarded 2pt attempt.

415 yards is 415 yards and 20 points is 20points. Russell has not produced either vs an SEC team with a record of 6-6 or better

I didn't know Auburn had already won 6 games. Had we beat them they'd be hard pressed to find 6 W's on their schedule. And TR beat this team last year...

You still haven't answered my question: What SEC West team will score less than 20 against Auburn this year?

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:44 PM
now we're getting somewhere... so we can win with the QB running 5 or fewer times a game. Amazing thought and groundbreaking idea that we rely on our RBs to run the ball and our QB to throw the ball.

PMDawg
09-22-2013, 05:45 PM
You show me anywhere I said anything about starting Russell. I can show you 10 where I blasted Mullen for conservative play calling. Besides that, if you had the reading comprehension of a retarded monkey, you would see where I've said repeatedly in this thread that its on Mullen and the OL, and not the QBs. I hope Dak starts against LSU. I just think its too early to sit here and expect much different in the way of results when we still have Les/Dan calling plays and shit for a run blocking OL. I'm only cautioning about being overly excited about destroying Alcorn and Troy. troys defense is garbage. Garbage. Tyler always padded his stats in those type games. We've seen 6 quarters of Dak vs decent defenses, and we had good results for two of them. Im not jizzing my pants just yet, just like I wasn't jizzing my pants when Russell was destroying JSU and Memphis. But, by all means, if you want to jack off to us beating Alcorn and Troy, be my guest. If you can't understand my points, then don't comment on them. Let the big boys talk. You're way out in left field and I never sided myself with Hack or Russell. Our offense sucking goes waaaay deeper than the QB position. I'm sorry you can't grasp that just yet.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Its not "Hack and Russell."

I've said both should play & I don't really care who starts. I think we're a better football team with both. I just don't understand the celebration of greatness after beating two of the worst teams we've played in the last five years and looked like complete ass against terrible defenses that actually have decent athletes.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 05:51 PM
You show me anywhere I said anything about starting Russell. I can show you 10 where I blasted Mullen for conservative play calling. Besides that, if you had the reading comprehension of a retarded monkey, you would see where I've said repeatedly in this thread that its on Mullen and the OL, and not the QBs. I hope Dak starts against LSU. I just think its too early to sit here and expect much different in the way of results when we still have Les/Dan calling plays and shit for a run blocking OL. I'm only cautioning about being overly excited about destroying Alcorn and Troy. troys defense is garbage. Garbage. Tyler always padded his stats in those type games. We've seen 6 quarters of Dak vs decent defenses, and we had good results for two of them. Im not jizzing my pants just yet, just like I wasn't jizzing my pants when Russell was destroying JSU and Memphis. But, by all means, if you want to jack off to us beating Alcorn and Troy, be my guest. If you can't understand my points, then don't comment on them. Let the big boys talk. You're way out in left field and I never sided myself with Hack or Russell. Our offense sucking goes waaaay deeper than the QB position. I'm sorry you can't grasp that just yet.

Dude, calm down. Geez.

Based on your post, I thought you were siding with Hack. **** me, you need to sit a few plays out.

As for your point though...WHO IS JIZZING THEIR PANTS???

Some of you guys are grossly exaggerating what me and others are saying. By saying Dak is opening up our offense, that doesn't translate to anyone "anointing him as savior" or "jizzing our pants" over him. That is silly. We just see it as a good direction our offense is going and don't want to ruin it by going back to what wasn't working the previous 7-9 games.

And I apologize for not comprehending. My lord, I never thought it warranted that, but again I apologize.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I didn't know Auburn had already won 6 games. Had we beat them they'd be hard pressed to find 6 W's on their schedule. And TR beat this team last year...

You still haven't answered my question: What SEC West team will score less than 20 against Auburn this year?

Auburn has two more gimme's OOC- that's 5 wins...and they will win at least one out of UPig, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. They will be a 6 win team easily

I dont know if UPig can score 20 but they might. Regardless, the point we are all making is that Dakota is going to get alot better. You can see it. He energizes our entire offense. He takes charge. He makes plays. He leads. We havent had that lately.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Auburn has two more gimme's OOC- that's 5 wins...and they will win at least one out of UPig, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. They will be a 6 win team easily

I dont know if UPig can score 20 but they might. Regardless, the point we are all making is that Dakota is going to get alot better. You can see it. He energizes our entire offense. He takes charge. He makes plays. He leads. We havent had that lately.

Dak is the better locker room guy. the kids gravitate towards him. When he talks, they listen. I love that. Think he's going to be a damn good football player, BUT I think we're better with both because TR can do some things Dak can't do just like Dak can do some things that TR can't do.

And again... let me clarify... if Auburn had not beat us, they would struggle a lot to find their sixth win. Beating is probably got them a bowl game.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM
If we put TR in for two drives of the second half against Auburn, we win. period.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Its not "Hack and Russell."

I've said both should play & I don't really care who starts. I think we're a better football team with both. I just don't understand the celebration of greatness after beating two of the worst teams we've played in the last five years and looked like complete ass against terrible defenses that actually have decent athletes.

Again, "celebration of greatness"?? Where are you coming up with this shit? Nobody is saying Dak is a Heisman candidate...we're saying that our offense has improved with him and it has opened up with a dual threat QB. What is so hard to understand?

Having to resort to "anointing", "celebration of greatness" is just ridiculous. It's simple...why F with something that is working.

And to your other post...Do you not think that the fact that Dak rushed for 130+ yards against Auburn had Troy prepared to stop that, so it opened up the pass early? Therefore his running threat STILL affected our offense in a good way. So no, your concept of a QB running less than 5 times and being successful still doesn't work in a Mullen offense???and never will. There is just no way to spin the thought of playing Russell right now into being a positive for our offense, unless it is for a package of hurry up offense to compliment what we have currently been doing.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 05:57 PM
If we put TR in for two drives of the second half against Auburn, we win. period.

Nonsense.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 06:03 PM

SignalToNoise
09-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Hack, at this point I'm wondering if you're related to Russell or something. This above post I quoted is pure, unadulterated foolishness.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Hack, at this point I'm wondering if you're related to Russell or something. This above post I quoted is pure, unadulterated foolishness.

then you're not very smart. one first down equals a win. period.

mic
09-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Im not jumping on the Dak is the next coming because he has beat 2 bad teams . I thought he played damn good on the road at a tuff venue for his first SEC start. But also not saying we give the reigns back to TR just because he got injured and never "lost" his job.
But the only advantages I see that TR has is his pure passing skills and his experience.
Dak gives us more options on offense, and unlike Relf he can stretch the field thru the air if we give him a chance.
One major factor I see is the offensive line plays MUCH better with Dak in there. They know if protection breaks down Dak has ability to make plays.
The WR seem to be on the page better with Dak. Since they are all underclassmen they don't have that 2-3 relationship like a SR would with TR.
Dak seems more like a leader to me than TR.
And since everyone seems to think our ceiling this year is 6 or 7 games no matter who the QB is , lets get Dak ready for next year and I think he gives us the best shot at pulling an upset. Shouldn't matter who we have at Qb against BG and UK but those games we have to win Ark and OM I think Dak gives us much better chance to win. Even against the other teams too..
Just have to hope the locker room doesn't get divided over whoever we start.
And I hope TR is ready for it , but if he starts against LSU and gets anything less than 3 points on the opening drive he will more than likely get Booed.. NO WAY we as fans should do it but you know its going to happen.. I think that will kill what little confidence he may have left.. if he comes in after a few series and Dak isn't being productive then bring him in and lets see what happens..

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Im not jumping on the Dak is the next coming because he has beat 2 bad teams . I thought he played damn good on the road at a tuff venue for his first SEC start. But also not saying we give the reigns back to TR just because he got injured and never "lost" his job.
But the only advantages I see that TR has is his pure passing skills and his experience.
Dak gives us more options on offense, and unlike Relf he can stretch the field thru the air if we give him a chance.
One major factor I see is the offensive line plays MUCH better with Dak in there. They know if protection breaks down Dak has ability to make plays.
The WR seem to be on the page better with Dak. Since they are all underclassmen they don't have that 2-3 relationship like a SR would with TR.
Dak seems like more than a leader to me than TR.
And since everyone seems to think our ceiling this year is 6 or 7 games no matter who the QB is , lets get Dak ready for next year and I think he gives us the best shot at pulling an upset. Shouldn't matter who we have at Qb against BG and UK but those games we have to win Ark and OM I think Dak gives us much better chance to win. Even against the other teams too..
And I hope TR is ready for it , but if he starts against LSU and gets anything less than 3 points on the opening drive he will more than likely get Booed.. NO WAY we as fans should do it but you know its going to happen.. I think that will kill what little confidence he may have left.. if he comes in after a few series and Dak isn't being productive then bring him in and lets see what happens..

don't be logical. The only answer is that we can only have one QB and his name can't rhyme with skyler.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Dak seems like more than a leader to me than TR.

This is basically what I've been saying. Great post. I want to play whoever will give us the best chance to win....and like you said, at this point, all signs point to Dak.

Great post.

ETA: I sure hope nobody. Boos any of our players, and especially Tyler. He has been a great player and a classy guy on and off the field. I don't see anybody booing Russell for anything. None of this is his fault...it's Mullen's for not being able to adapt to a great pocket passer like Russell. Nobody is or should be mad at Russell for anything.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 07:07 PM
don't be logical. The only answer is that we can only have one QB and his name can't rhyme with skyler.

Actually, if you are agreeing with that post, you are agreeing with me. So I'm not sure why we've been arguing. He basically just said Dak may not be the next coming...but he is the best fit at the current time. And I agree completely. But most of all,I just want to win.

Goat Holder
09-22-2013, 07:19 PM

I think so too. I think we win by 2 TDs if he plays.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Actually, if you are agreeing with that post, you are agreeing with me. So I'm not sure why we've been arguing. He basically just said Dak may not be the next coming...but he is the best fit at the current time. And I agree completely. But most of all,I just want to win.

I'm fine with both playing and going to the hot hand. I think we'd be stupid not to. I'm just not convinced that's Dak yet, but I'm damn happy with his performance outside of one half.

RC3
09-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Something I noticed last night: after Williams took over, it was Dak talking to him on the sidelines during pause in play or timeouts. Tyler was nowhere to be seen

Goat Holder
09-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm guessing that watching someone possibly taking your position, your senior year, isn't something very easy to stomach. Guy has lived and breathed football his whole life. I'm giving him a break if he cops a little attitude here or there.

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:33 PM
the announcers were actually complementing Tyler for being the first to congratulate Dak for his play.

msstate7
09-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm fine with both playing and going to the hot hand. I think we'd be stupid not to. I'm just not convinced that's Dak yet, but I'm damn happy with his performance outside of one half.

Delete

mic
09-22-2013, 07:40 PM
I hope it does Piss TR off. maybe when he gets in there he will step his game up..
That's what I want to happen to our RB. Its almost like Perk is just going thru the motions sometimes knowing its his job no matter what.. He ran so much harder to me when Vic was our #1..

Political Hack
09-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Dak is our leader

he's unquestionably the leader of this message board. The locker room is divided on who gives them the best chance to win, but they're PISSED about the Auburn loss and have come together big time. LSU is walking into a hornets nest and has no clue what's about to smack them in the jaw.

I think we have to play both QBs to win though. I just don't think Dak can move it against LSU when they load the box. And I don't think we can run the ball as effectively with Tyler.

RougeDawg
09-22-2013, 11:03 PM
When you say Les....which Les?

I chuckled.

Diggs
09-22-2013, 11:46 PM
I think we have to play both QBs to win though.

I want this to be true, but I don't think it will happen this way. Dak is the key to winning this game. He just gives us that extra edge we need on offense. His emotions are way to high to be taken out and then put right back later. Put him in and leave him in.

Dawgface
09-23-2013, 07:50 AM
The locker room is divided on who gives them the best chance to win.

How do you know this?

'Merica Dawg
09-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I actually looks like Tyler was cleared Thursday, per Mullen. Interesting....

Coach34
09-23-2013, 08:49 AM
I actually looks like Tyler was cleared Thursday, per Mullen. Interesting....

This is the part that is very very interesting to me. How do you not get him in for a series to get some live reps?

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Would you want to go to a school that when you get your chance when the lights are on and you perform well you get sent back to the bench for the guy who is not better than you?

Define "not better than you".

Would you want to go to a school where you are the starting QB and have won the job, but then the fans turn against you and passive-aggressively root for you to fail or get injured because they like the backup better?

We can play this game all day.

chef dixon
09-23-2013, 10:39 AM
The idea of playing 2 QBs sucks. You can't play LSU and experiment.

Political Hack
09-23-2013, 11:23 AM
How do you know this?

Perhaps I talk to multiple people with insights into whether the locker room is divided on who gives them the best chance to win??

Let me be VERY clear here, up to this point it's not playing out as a bad thing at all. the team has bought into the competition model and don't care who starts, but I have been told that when Dak speaks, people shut up and listen. Gotta love that. But they'll follow both guys on the field and don't really give a damn who it is. They're PISSED after Auburn, have a chip on their shoulder, and are ready to win big. They had their best week as a team last week. If they have two more like that, LSU is going to walk into a hornets nest.

Barking 13
09-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I think the key to the whole schmeer is the running back play. If Tyler can actually hand the ball off in multiple back sets and we are sucessful (5+ ypc) then they wouldn't need Dak to smash it 20 times. Play action passing.. I see what Mullen wants to do (big picture), but so far, we've had the most success with the mobile QB in the zone read... What if Tyler started and was lighting it up to Tubby, Morrow, Ross, Hill, Rojo, Mojo, and to Perk, JRob, Nick, Little Milton, and Shump coming out of the backfield on screens and stuff? I see where he would like to go with it, but a quarter and a half of the first game didn't really give him a shot... Don't get me wrong, I think Dak has come a LONG way in the past couple games, but I don't want to see him get beat slap to death on the zone read every freaking down.
EVERYBODY from the OL, to the receivers, to the RB's are all going to have to nut up and execute to be successful. We can't just rely on one guy to get it done...

Political Hack
09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
I think Dan is trying to stay ahead of the game somewhat by tweaking the read option. lots of talking heads say that it will go away now that nfl DC's have had a year to prepare for it, and if San Fran is a sign of things to come, he may be right.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Define "not better than you".

Would you want to go to a school where you are the starting QB and have won the job, but then the fans turn against you and passive-aggressively root for you to fail or get injured because they like the backup better?

We can play this game all day.

Garbage. This is what The pro-Russell starting crowd wants to throw out there, but it is pure horseshit and you know it. NO MSU fan is hoping a MSU player fails. What a crock of shit to try and make that claim as if anybody was hoping Russell failed to help prove a point.

So, NO, you couldn't "do this all day" without making up shit.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Garbage. This is what The pro-Russell starting crowd wants to throw out there, but it is pure horseshit and you know it. NO MSU fan is hoping a MSU player fails. What a crock of shit to try and make that claim as if anybody was hoping Russell failed to help prove a point.

So, NO, you couldn't "do this all day" without making up shit.

When you and your ilk get behind whomever the starting QB is instead of bitching about the possibility of Russell coming back, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Until then, your little morality play here is the only shit in this exchange.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2013, 12:03 PM
When you and your ilk get behind whomever the starting QB is instead of bitching about the possibility of Russell coming back, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Until then, your little morality play here is the only shit in this exchange.

In other words, "you're right I'm lying an out people hoping Tyler fails! so I'm going to make it personal as a way of getting out of it". You're wrong and I don't give a shit what you say about me. Nobody is hoping Tyler fails, and never has. That's total bullshit and you know it.

That's all im saying.

And when I'm wrong about the QB situation, I'll be the first to admit it....but so far I'm right, so maybe YOU should take your own advice.

ETA: I AM the one behind the starting QB, because Dak is the starter. You are the one trying to act like Tyler should get pT just to be "fair". I'd rather win than worry about someone's feelings like you apparently.

drunkernhelldawg
09-23-2013, 12:03 PM

We didn't have that option, but who knows what would have happened? I think if Dak had handed the ball off three or four more times instead of running it himself that we would have won. But college football defenses are not good at keeping teams from driving the field at the end of the fourth quarter. When you give them the chance, you almost expect them to make it. That's why we had to have first downs on that last drive. Our failure to keep the ball is why we lost.

Dak did a nice job for most of the game, but getting stuffed three or four times in a row in the fourth quarter should have inspired him to look to his teammates more.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 12:12 PM
And when I'm wrong about the QB situation, I'll be the first to admit it....but so far I'm right, so maybe YOU should take your own advice.

ETA: I AM the one behind the starting QB, because Dak is the starter. You are the one trying to act like Tyler should get pT just to be "fair". I'd rather win than worry about someone's feelings like you apparently.

I never said that. What I have said all along is that Dan Mullen will start whomever he feels is the best option at QB for this team. Maybe it's Dak, and maybe it's Tyler. But I'm not going to be on here talking down Tyler because I'd rather see Dak play, or vice versa. Jesus Christ, there's a freaking six page thread on here full of people bitching because Mullen said Tyler is his starting quarterback. So, aGAIN, you aren't behind shit, except blind love for Dak. I like what he gives our offense, but Dan knows better than I do who should be playing.

As far as you being right "so far" about the QB situation, you aren't right about anything. Last I checked, we lost to an SEC team last week that we should've beaten by two touchdowns - with Dak at QB.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I never said that. What I have said all along is that Dan Mullen will start whomever he feels is the best option at QB for this team. Maybe it's Dak, and maybe it's Tyler. But I'm not going to be on here talking down Tyler because I'd rather see Dak play, or vice versa. Jesus Christ, there's a freaking six page thread on here full of people bitching because Mullen said Tyler is his starting quarterback. So, aGAIN, you aren't behind shit, except blind love for Dak. I like what he gives our offense, but Dan knows better than I do who should be playing.

As far as you being right "so far" about the QB situation, you aren't right about anything. Last I checked, we lost to an SEC team last week that we should've beaten by two touchdowns - with Dak at QB.

Wait, so you think I am only behind Dak?! No, I said I want whichever QB will win, and that I feel like Dak has proven he is that guy. However, I also said I would love for Tyler to be the hero his senior season and lead us to a winning season IF Dan plays him.

Get your facts straight before trying to label exactly what I'm saying. By the way, I didn't post every post in this 6 page thread so don't act like it's all me. One thing is for sure, I have opinions AND facts to back up my views....so you damn well better bring both to the table as well if you're going to try calling me out. Because I can't stand some jackass that wants to put words in my mouth and says "what you are saying, is..," when it's not true. I support MSU football, not Tyler Russell or Dak Prescott...and I feel that Dak gives MSU a better chance to win...so you're damn right I am going to state that opinion.

But to act like I won't be cheering for Tyler, or like I will root for Tyler to fail or get injured is a bunch of shit and you know it. So don't think you're going to get away with saying some lies like that about anybody on this board without getting called out. NOBODY on this board wants Tyler to fail or get injured. However, I wouldn't be surprised if a few wanted Dak to fail so that Tyler could get another shot before he graduates.