somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2017, 10:11 PM
No stupid penalties
No stupid plays
No turnovers
No big plays allowed
No dropped passes
No missed field goals

Game plan was perfect and we executed it to perfection. Mullen didn't get cute. He protected our weaknesses. Players were selfless and performed for the good of the team. The whole was much better than just the sum of the parts. We knew who we were. We didn't try to be someone we weren't. We knew our weaknesses. We knew our strengths.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 10:13 PM
No doubt

Best I've seen us play in my life time.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2017, 10:13 PM
plus... we got the breaks we never get usually. It's amazing. it's a home game many of use have been waiting to see our whole msu lives. what a win.

RocketDawg
09-16-2017, 10:14 PM
This may be the most solid team I've ever seen us have. As you said, all aspects of the game were performed almost flawlessly. And it was really good to see some good field goals for a change. We may have made more tonight than we did all last year.

Pollodawg
09-16-2017, 10:14 PM
plus... we got the breaks we never get usually. It's amazing. it's a home game many of use have been waiting to see our whole msu lives. what a win.

Exactly. Stuff that never goes our way went our way tonight.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2017, 10:18 PM
Yep most complete game I've ever seen

JoseBrown
09-16-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm telling you guys we are going places. Dan doesn't even have to think about defense anymore. Focused on the offense 100% now, and he said as much in postgame. We needed Grantham a long time ago! HailState

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 10:20 PM
Yep most complete game I've ever seen

Best we've played in my life time.

We would've beaten the 2014 team by double digits tonight

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2017, 10:22 PM
We have plenty of weaknesses. But we knew what they were and stayed away from them. For instance we didn't come out and try to chunk it downfield like we are Patterson throwing to Brown, Metcalf, Lodge, Jefferson, and Pack. Proud of our players and coaches.

msbulldog
09-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Lord knows, I am 62 and have been a MSU fan since I was 12 years old. I was 12, when I stepped foot on campus for the first time, a 4-H state contest. I knew from that moment on that I wanted to be a part of MSU. In 50 years I have seen a lot of really bad football, some good. I think The Good Lord allowed me to watch this game tonight.

JoseBrown
09-16-2017, 10:25 PM
We have plenty of weaknesses. But we knew what they were and stayed away from them. For instance we didn't come out and try to chunk it downfield like we are Patterson throwing to Brown, Metcalf, Lodge, Jefferson, and Pack. Proud of our players and coaches.

There ya go! And Brown went out of their game with a knee earlier. Came back in and tried it, then left again for the locker room.

Our players and coaches had a great game plan and executed beautifully.