PDA

View Full Version : Do we still need to fire Hevesy?

Coach007
09-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Just curious.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2017, 09:33 PM
That sandbagging son of a bitch!

msstate7
09-16-2017, 09:35 PM
As one of hev's only supporters here, hats off to my boy

Reason2succeed
09-16-2017, 09:36 PM
He still sucks in recruiting and that could hurt us down the road. This victory actually is what we should have been doing yearly.

Coach007
09-16-2017, 09:36 PM
As one of hev's only supporters here, hats off to my boy

I've had no problems with him He get's blamed for things that's not on him

SailingDawg
09-16-2017, 09:55 PM
We had an o-line for Dak. We've won more than we've lost. Seems like he's doing well.

Todd4State
09-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Big picture. Yes. You have to be able to recruit and coach.

msbulldog
09-16-2017, 09:58 PM
We need 3 more High School OL commits in this class.

gravedigger
09-16-2017, 09:59 PM
Big picture. Yes. You have to be able to recruit and coach.

Damn no. You haven't seen him recruit. I have. First hand. His coaching? Might be ?

Leroy Jenkins
09-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Yes. Unless you assume he is the best we can do. If you think that's the case I can't help you.

Coach007
09-16-2017, 11:16 PM
I also remember the cries for Mullen to be fired before we wasted Dak.

msstate7
09-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Entering the week, we led the sec in rushing, scoring offense, and sacks allowed. We completely dominated one of the best defenses in the sec. Yeah, fire hev bc we think he should get more 4*s.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 11:29 PM
On balence, no. The guy is a hell of a coach with what he has. He needs to modify his approach to recruiting, That being said to recruits , the guy is a hell of a coach. To hell with the rumors and what you read here. He will make you a better player and get you to the NFL. He may rub southerners the wrong way but he CAN coach .

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-17-2017, 12:59 AM
If we could just get a waiver like OM did with Werner and let someone else recruit, we'd be ok.

HSVDawg
09-17-2017, 01:16 AM
He still sucks in recruiting and that could hurt us down the road. This victory actually is what we should have been doing yearly.

Who recruited the players that were absolutely pushing LSU's shit in all night tonight?

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 01:40 AM
Damn no. You haven't seen him recruit. I have. First hand. His coaching? Might be ?

A lot of the o-line recruits haven't seen him recruit either and that's part of the problem. One thing I have seen is our commit list. And he landed ONE high school recruit this past cycle. That's not going to cut it. And why the NCAA not allowing teams to count back starting next year could be his undoing. We can't afford to waste spots on no one or grade risks that are low hanging fruit.

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 01:41 AM
On balence, no. The guy is a hell of a coach with what he has. He needs to modify his approach to recruiting, That being said to recruits , the guy is a hell of a coach. To hell with the rumors and what you read here. He will make you a better player and get you to the NFL. He may rub southerners the wrong way but he CAN coach .

The only player he has recruited that got drafted by the NFL is Senior. And I'm talking his actual position group so spare me the Dak, Chris Jones bullshit.

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 01:44 AM
I also remember the cries for Mullen to be fired before we wasted Dak.

I remember saying that we shouldn't run Holloway up the middle, that Fitz should start, and he needed to hire a real DC. Looks like I was right too.

msstate7
09-17-2017, 01:52 AM
Aranda has been a D.C. at a P5 school since '13. The only team to rush for more than us tonight during that time is Ohio state in '14 (national champs). Ohio st had 301; we had 285 tonight

AROB44
09-17-2017, 02:51 AM
I remember saying that we shouldn't run Holloway up the middle, that Fitz should start, and he needed to hire a real DC. Looks like I was right too.

Can not believe your not coaching at a P5 school. Maybe one day Mullen will finally complete all the items on your checklist.

Dawgface
09-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Coach..... you can have your 'I told you so' moment. No reason to argue after that performance.

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Can not believe your not coaching at a P5 school. Maybe one day Mullen will finally complete all the items on your checklist.

Coaching? Those are front office management decisions. Most of my ideas are common sense. And Dan agreed with me and to his credit has made most of them. I think we all like the results.

I just find it funny that idiots like you and coach come on here after Dan has made most of the changes that many others on this board wanted and they've worked. And yet you decide to call people out.

But yeah maybe he will finish off my checklist because he only has one more box to check off. And when he does we'll probably like the results like we do now that he has checked off the others. You won't see me having an I told you so thread about it though.

And as far as my last box- there's a reason why Looney is on our staff right now.

Turfdawg67
09-17-2017, 11:17 AM

LOL! +1

shoeless joe
09-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Coaching? Those are front office management decisions. Most of my ideas are common sense. And Dan agreed with me and to his credit has made most of them. I think we all like the results.

I just find it funny that idiots like you and coach come on here after Dan has made most of the changes that many others on this board wanted and they've worked. And yet you decide to call people out.

But yeah maybe he will finish off my checklist because he only has one more box to check off. And when he does we'll probably like the results like we do now that he has checked off the others. You won't see me having an I told you so thread about it though.

And as far as my last box- there's a reason why Looney is on our staff right now.

You'll just turn someone else's thread into one

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 11:34 AM

Only if they start it first. I'm happy with the changes Dan made and I'm happy that they are working. If someone thinks that this is all Hevesy for our turnaround it actually shows how little they know about football.

I'll give Hevesy credit if he starts landing 4-5 star recruits like the other position groups are doing. Just like I gave Dan credit for the changes he made.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
09-17-2017, 11:40 AM
I'll give credit where credit is due, the o line played extremely well. However it's proven that he is a horrible recruiter. We can debate all day if he is a good coach and developer.

Dawgface
09-17-2017, 11:46 AM

Ha ha. Good one.

Todd4State
09-17-2017, 11:49 AM
I'll give credit where credit is due, the o line played extremely well. However it's proven that he is a horrible recruiter. We can debate all day if he is a good coach and developer.

Exactly. I think his strength is coaching. But like I said you have to be able to do both in the SEC. We'll see if he can turn it around and if Looney can help him out with that.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Yes, Hev still has to go. If not, we'll never see our true potential reached.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Yes, Hev still has to go. If not, we'll never see our true potential reached.
^^^^^This^^^^^

msstate7
09-17-2017, 02:29 PM

We only lose 1 player (very good one) on our entire 2-deep on the oline from last night. We add Johnson, Suggs, champion, and Phillips next season. I don't see the panic over the oline

msstate7
09-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Dan all-the-sudden is the hot coach around the country again. Wanna know how we can finally push him to another program? Tell him how to run his staff

Johnson85
09-17-2017, 02:56 PM
We only lose 1 player (very good one) on our entire 2-deep on the oline from last night. We add Johnson, Suggs, champion, and Phillips next season. I don't see the panic over the oline

This is probably the dangerous year for us. Looks like we are lucky that Reese is ready as a rs fr. But an injury at either tackle spot or our center would be catastrophic. Other than being extremely thin, We have some issues we have to address because of hevesy simply not signing enough bodies, but we have time to recover if we have a good ol class or two. .

If looney can help on recruiting and us get hebesy coaching, we could be in phenomenal shape.

RougeDawg
09-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Dan all-the-sudden is the hot coach around the country again. Wanna know how we can finally push him to another program? Tell him how to run his staff

I think Cohen has already done that.

Is it just coincidence that Dan and the entire program have changed since we got rid of "4th down commercial" Stricklin? And yes Mark Keenum told him politely to "look for other opportunities." Our money men came down on MK hard after 2015 and forced his hand. Strick gone, dan rejuvenated and you get last nights game.