PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen

msstate7
09-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't know how long he's gonna be our coach, but he did a good job this week. After losing a very tough game like we did at auburn, it would've been easy to come out flat tonight. Dan got this team to respond in a big way. It was Troy, but we dominated a team more than any other sec team this week

ckDOG
09-21-2013, 09:46 PM
I can't bitch. Go dogs!

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2013, 09:47 PM
I said he needed a blowout to get some of the heat off. He did that. I like he kept the foot on the gas the whole game. Need to see that the rest of the season.

archdog
09-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I said he needed a blowout to get some of the heat off. He did that. I like he kept the foot on the gas the whole game. Need to see that the rest of the season.
Dang good gameplan on Offense and Defense. Everyone should congratulate Dan this week. Best game I have ever seen by our defense.

maroonmania
09-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I do feel good tonight but I am SO ready to beat a team worth a shit I can't stand it. Its great we beat this Troy team by 55 but this is a game we had penciled in as a W from before the season started. I would gladly give back 40 points from tonight to have had one more touchdown last week.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I agree.

I have been extremely hard on Dan since the Auburn loss, because Auburn sucks and that was a bad loss. I wanted to see us come out, show creativity on O, aggressiveness on D, and win by 14-21. Well, we got all of that and MORE. Hell of a job adjusting by our staff and players. Now let's go make up for the Auburn loss by stealing a game that we aren't supposed to win...preferably against LSU. Good game Dawgs!

Coach 57
09-21-2013, 09:54 PM
I do feel good tonight but I am SO ready to beat a team worth a shit I can't stand it. Its great we beat this Troy team by 55 but this is a game we had penciled in as a W from before the season started. I would gladly give back 40 points from tonight to have had one more touchdown last week.

Man some people will whine about everything! Man we BARELY beat this SAME team last year and we were a bowl team. Now we need wins like a fish needs water blow the same team out by 55 after a disappointing loss last week & you want to whine? I swear our fanbase truly does have idiots everywhere in it!

Maroonthirteen
09-21-2013, 09:55 PM
I was never in the fire Merlin's camp. I sure thought we would play half ass tonight though and be in a clise game. It was never in question. Dan had them bring the wood.

RunDog26
09-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Great game and great job by our coaching staff of having our team ready to dominate. Let's do it against an SEC opponent.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2013, 09:58 PM
I want to beat LSU so bad.
I wish I coulda watched the game tonight. It sounds like Dan had the team ready and called some good stuff on offense. Collins must be getting better and better. Troy has a great offense. I don't care who they've played. I thought this would be a close game. Great job Dan Mullen!!!!

Dawgface
09-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Mullen did do a good job. I was afraid we would lay an egg tonight. They gave us fits last year and coming off the loss to AU, I wasn't sure what to expect.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:00 PM
I want to beat LSU so bad.
I wish I coulda watched the game tonight. It sounds like Dan had the team ready and called some good stuff on offense. Collins must be getting better and better. Troy has a great offense. I don't care who they've played. I thought this would be a close game. Great job Dan Mullen!!!!

You should be able to catch the replay on espn3 at some point tonight....possibly right now

hells bells
09-21-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know how long he's gonna be our coach, but he did a good job this week. After losing a very tough game like we did at auburn, it would've been easy to come out flat tonight. Dan got this team to respond in a big way. It was Troy, but we dominated a team more than any other sec team this week

Good showing tonight. The Aubie game still makes my ass burn. I will admit, Coach Mullen has matured, not as much chest bumping on big plays, but continues to have fun. Dak, Class Act and can back it up. Could be the beer, but looks like the coaches have awaken, maybe, finally. Defense, o' he'll yea. Chris Jones, takes two o loners to stop him. The D, all MEN!

maroonmania
09-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Man some people will whine about everything! Man we BARELY beat this SAME team last year and we were a bowl team. Now we need wins like a fish needs water blow the same team out by 55 after a disappointing loss last week & you want to whine? I swear our fanbase truly does have idiots everywhere in it!

God I can't believe some of the sensitivities on MSU message boards. Idiot? Go look in the mirror. A win is a win whether its by 1 or 55. I DO FEEL GOOD ABOUT TONIGHT'S WIN AND SAID THAT! But had we lost this game it would have just been a disaster and I don't care what happened when we played them on the road last year. We were a double digit favorite in this game. Just goes back to the point that we haven't beaten a good team in the regular season since 2010. That is just a fact.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Mullen did do a good job. I was afraid we would lay an egg tonight. They gave us fits last year and coming off the loss to AU, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Yep.

I was also extremely impressed with the adjustments Collins made after they had the long TD drive. Wilson would not have come close to making those adjustments, but Collins immediately had us tighten up against the slants and quick hitters, and it was lights out from there. Hell of a job by Geoff. We haven't seen adjustments made in game like that since Ellis Johnson was here

biscuit
09-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Good job, but play that way against a REAL team, not a sun bucket team

maroonmania
09-21-2013, 10:08 PM

^^THIS^^

KennyPowers2
09-21-2013, 10:16 PM

I agree. I didn't get to watch the game but the fact that it is Troy does not make me feel any better going into the rest of the season. I don't have faith in our staff to pull any upsets or win close games. I hope I have to eat my words. I feel like we waste so much talent.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I agree. I didn't get to watch the game but the fact that it is Troy does not make me feel any better going into the rest of the season. I don't have faith in our staff to pull any upsets or win close games. I hope I have to eat my words. I feel like we waste so much talent.

I typically agree about us wasting talent, but we used it tonight. I know it was Troy, but you guys that weren't able to watch, missed an inspired MSU team. We really got creative on O, and we owned them on D, and were getting great push from Chris Jones and Company on the D Line. I'm not ready to say Mullen figured something out, but I liked what I saw tonight

archdog
09-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Our cheerleaders are hotter too.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2013, 11:16 PM
You should be able to catch the replay on espn3 at some point tonight....possibly right now

Can't get it out here. Deepwater

blacklistedbully
09-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Guys, yeah, it was Troy, but we DEMOLISHED them. I wouldn't have taken much, if any encouragement if we'd only won by 21 or so. But we won by 55 and it could have been even worse. That's impressive.

archdog
09-22-2013, 01:52 AM

A FLIPPIN GIMMICK PLAY WORKED. We are looking at a new MSU fellas. Bring on the black Jerseys.

PassInterference
09-22-2013, 02:09 AM
Who else noticed our 2nd half production fell dramatically. AGAIN.

LOL

RC3
09-22-2013, 07:55 AM
One thing was clear to me, even against Troy. We are getting better on both sides of the ball. That's what I wanted to see mainly. Our season may not be over with after all

Barking 13
09-22-2013, 01:06 PM
One thing was clear to me, even against Troy. We are getting better on both sides of the ball. That's what I wanted to see mainly. Our season may not be over with after all

^^^ THIS!