PDA

View Full Version : '15 vs bama (sacks)

msstate7
09-16-2017, 01:22 PM
We gave up 9 and it was one of the most dominating performances I've seen. We could hardly get a pass off. Well I just noticed Clemson had 11 (freaking 11) vs auburn last week. Is auburn's oline that bad or is their qb not getting the ball out? And before you give Clemson all the credit (certainly deserve a lot), Georgia southern had 3 sacks vs auburn; Clemson had 0 sacks vs Kent st in a 53-point win.

MarketingBully
09-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Jarrett Stidham (so?) doesn't fit Auburn's offense and they are asking their OL to do something their not good at (pass blocking). It's like when we asked our OL to pass block in week 1 for Fitz. We aren't great at pass blocking. Difference in us and Auburn is Fitz is a true dual threat whereas Stidham is not a dual threat QB. He doesn't fit their scheme.

TUSK
09-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Clemson's DL is pretty badass and Stidham is pretty slow... I'm not sure AU's OL is "that" awful....

Like MKTGBully said... JS doesn't fit in Gus's offense, it seems....

TUSK
09-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Most noticeably badass D Lines I've seen thus far are Bammer, FSU, AU, and Clemson...

I'm reserving judgement on LSU, MSU and UGA til tonight/I see more...

MarketingBully
09-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Most noticeably badass D Lines I've seen thus far are Bammer, FSU, AU, and Clemson...

I'm reserving judgement on LSU, MSU and UGA til tonight/I see more...

Jeffrey Simmons IMO is probably the most dominant DL player as there is in the country. He is a five star kid who constantly works to get better and better. LSU's OL players disrespected him and gave him billboard material so I'm thinking the kid will play even harder tonight. I think tonight will be his coming out party.

TUSK
09-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Jeffrey Simmons IMO is probably the most dominant DL player as there is in the country. He is a five star kid who constantly works to get better and better. LSU's OL players disrespected him and gave him billboard material so I'm thinking the kid will play even harder tonight. I think tonight will be his coming out party.

I think you're right... If he's as dominant vs LSU as he was vs MSU's previous opponents, I'm on board...

Others that I've noticed:
Key, LSU
Lewis (INJ), Davis, Buggs, Payne & Hand, Bammer
Lawrence, Bryant, Wilkins & Ferrell, Clemson
Brown, Holland, Cowart & Russell, AU
Burns, Nnadi & Sweat, FSU;

There's a bunch of DL talent out there.