PDA

View Full Version : I just saw Jaylin Mayden.....

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 12:17 AM
on the Texas High School Highlight Show. The guy is a beast, tailor made for a Mullen offense. I didn't realize he is the #2 QB in the state of Texas. That's a big get. By the way, he is a lefty.

Leroy Jenkins
09-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Yup. Going to #1 in the nation and having QBs in the league gets noticed;especially a certain guy in Texas, America's Quarterback.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 12:41 AM
The clips they showed, he REALLY looked like a left handed Dak. Throws a very nice ball too.

Leroy Jenkins
09-16-2017, 01:06 AM
Its like a self-licking ice cream cone. Produce better QBs = getting better QB recruits, which again = producing better QBs which = getting even better Qbs. Its all cyclical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GPstH1lUYY

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Not exceptional arm strength or explosiveness in the running game but he is accurate throws a very nice ball.

Madisonmd
09-16-2017, 06:26 AM
Tyrone Washington's nephew, right?

MrKotter
09-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Not exceptional arm strength or explosiveness in the running game but he is accurate throws a very nice ball.

You clearly watched a video of someone else. Nothing wrong with the kid's arm strength at all. He's not overly quick but he has plenty of speed where DBs couldn't catch him.

KB21
09-16-2017, 08:31 AM
He was the #1 QB in Texas. They must have dropped him since he committed to MSU.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2017, 08:41 AM
This is a reason not to redshirt Key Thompson. We have to get Key ready to play because he is the only viable backup to Fitz. And with the guys that Mullen is recruiting behind Key, saving an extra year on Key isn't so important.

Remember the days of Wes Carroll, Mike Henig, Josh Riddell, Ty Evans, ..............

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 08:44 AM
He was the #1 QB in Texas. They must have dropped him since he committed to MSU.

He's rated correctly. IMO.

Good player. Not sure he's dynamic

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 08:54 AM
He's rated correctly. IMO.

Good player. Not sure he's dynamic

They certainly think he is on that show. He certainly looked that way. WHY are you doing this?

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 08:56 AM
They certainly think he is on that show. He certainly looked that way. WHY are you doing this?

Because I tell it like it is.

I've seen him live this year. He's a good player. We've certainly raised our QB recruiting.

preachermatt83
09-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Because I tell it like it is.

I've seen him live this year. He's a good player. We've certainly raised our QB recruiting.

U are drunk. He's too 5 2018 QB in America.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 09:02 AM
U are drunk. He's too 5 2018 QB in America.

Maybe he is. I haven't seen all the QBs in America this year.

However, I can tell you how he compares to Fitz and Key

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 09:11 AM

He looked better than Fitz throwing the ball by a mile. He also ran it very well. AGIAN why are you trying to tear down a commited very high profile recruit? It makes no sense at all. Mods can we delete this thread please? If I had known it was going to turn into this I never would have posted. Jeez.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 09:12 AM
I'll add this about Mayden:

Regardless if his ceiling is as high as Key, Fitz, or Dak, he's more refined, advanced, and closer to his ceiling than any QB Mullen has recruited at MSU.

He could play next year if we needed him.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 09:14 AM
He looked better than Fitz throwing the ball by a mile. He also ran it very well. AGIAN why are you trying to tear down a commited very high profile recruit? It makes no sense at all. Mods can we delete this thread please? If I had known it was going to turn into this I never would have posted. Jeez.

Freak out much?

Your sounding like an OM fan by trying to control narratives.

Mayden is a good player. It's a great sign

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Freak out much?

I don't think publically slating a commited recruit of that caliber is a good idea. You sound like an Ole Miss fan trying to belittle a state recruit or one in disguise on a State board angling to steer the kid elsewhere. I know you aren't an Ole Miss fan so please don't act like one. All I was trying to do was point out that we had the #2 rated QB in freaking TEXAS commited. That's a huge stinking get. If he comes here and does well he WILL pull other kids from Texas with him. He is going to be on that show, and it's a big deal, every Friday night and they are going to say "Mississippi State commit" every time he is mentioned. When they said it last night they said "commited to Mississippi State, Dak Prescot's school." You can't buy that kind of publicity on the high school circuit in TEXAS. If some of them decide to check out our board we neeed to be excited about the kid from Texas, not acting like ........well.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-16-2017, 09:43 AM
In a straight line race he's faster than Key not as fast as Fitz

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 09:45 AM
In a straight line race he's faster than Key not as fast as Fitz

Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Good to know.

WSOPdawg
09-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Freak out much?

I don't think publically slating a commited recruit of that caliber is a good idea. You sound like an Ole Miss fan trying to belittle a state recruit or one in disguise on a State board angling to steer the kid elsewhere. I know you aren't an Ole Miss fan so please don't act like one. All I was trying to do was point out that we had the #2 rated QB in freaking TEXAS commited. That's a huge stinking get. If he comes here and does well he WILL pull other kids from Texas with him. He is going to be on that show, and it's a big deal, every Friday night and they are going to say "Mississippi State commit" every time he is mentioned. When they said it last night they said "commited to Mississippi State, Dak Prescot's school." You can't buy that kind of publicity on the high school circuit in TEXAS. If some of them decide to check out our board we neeed to be excited about the kid from Texas, not acting like ........well.

Buahahahahaha -- LSU is in so much trouble tonight cuz we're already eating our own!!! Here we have two die-hard Bulldogs calling each other OM fans while they're both acting like retards fighting over a turd in the back yard.

I say that affectionately with a grin on my face because I know you both bleed maroon but I find it funny as hell to read this morning. LSU is in so much trouble tonight!!!

Bully13
09-16-2017, 12:06 PM

Buzz kill shotgun. Unwarranted , unnecessary and counterproductive.

Bully13
09-16-2017, 12:09 PM

Wtf dude?

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Buzz kill shotgun. Unwarranted , unnecessary and counterproductive.

Then I'll just hold off discussing players anymore.

I'll just leave that to you guys. Buncha snowflakes

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Wtf dude?

What do you disagree with?