PDA

View Full Version : Just in from the MC vs Pearl game..

Drugdog
09-15-2017, 09:58 PM
First of all, Is there anything worse than horrible high school officials? The head linesman called at least a dozen off sides penalties. Seriously??? And then had to discuss the calls for about 2 minutes.

Second, the MC game plan would have made Sylvester Croom proud. I believe we threw the ball 2 times the entire second half. Croom on his worst day would not have had this bad of day.

Pearl did not cover our slot receiver. I am telling you they did not cover him at all. So what did MC do? Pound it up the middle for the one hundredth time. Nice adjustment Coaches.***

Great night out. Good crowd. Maybe next time we can get past page 1 of our playbook. Here is to hoping.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-15-2017, 10:03 PM
How is MC's quarterback? Can he not throw well? Does he run well?

QuadrupleOption
09-15-2017, 10:11 PM
How is MC's quarterback? Can he not throw well? Does he run well?

MC's QB isn't a good passer. MC's defense is legit, but offensively they are limited. Pretty decent at running the ball but the QB is too inconsistent in the passing game to help out a lot of times. He had an interception that led to one of Pearl's TD (they got the ball at the 4 yard line).

Homedawg
09-15-2017, 10:11 PM
First of all, Is there anything worse than horrible high school officials? The head linesman called at least a dozen off sides penalties. Seriously??? And then had to discuss the calls for about 2 minutes.

Second, the MC game plan would have made Sylvester Croom proud. I believe we threw the ball 2 times the entire second half. Croom on his worst day would not have had this bad of day.

Pearl did not cover our slot receiver. I am telling you they did not cover him at all. So what did MC do? Pound it up the middle for the one hundredth time. Nice adjustment Coaches.***

Great night out. Good crowd. Maybe next time we can get past page 1 of our playbook. Here is to hoping.

I get there are bad hs officials but what do you want them to do? Not call offisides? Either you are onside or not, not a gray area play. Why not just have the players line up on side or not jump. It's not a difficult.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-15-2017, 10:17 PM
I get there are bad hs officials but what do you want them to do? Not call offisides? Either you are onside or not, not a gray area play. Why not just have the players line up on side or not jump. It's not a difficult.

You've got a point. I did not attend, but if the ref called offsides a dozen times, it could be bad officiating, or it could simply be that they were offsides a dozen times.

Todd4State
09-15-2017, 10:20 PM
It's amazing that a school like Madison Central with the baseball program that they have can't find a quarterback. Not to mention the resources that they have too.

Irondawg
09-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Didn't their starter get hurt in the first half and they had to play with backup who was a sophomore the rest of the way. Also heard turnovers were the big problem for the jags

preachermatt83
09-15-2017, 11:39 PM
The o-line coach should be calling the plays. One of the best coaches in Mississippi. Oh, and a former bulldawg o-lineman too.

Cooterpoot
09-15-2017, 11:44 PM
When you've got WRs like MC, you find a qb n the halls.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 12:45 AM
You guys complaining about refs in 6A games need to go to a few 1A games. You don't know how good you got it.

Thick
09-16-2017, 04:40 AM
Who won?

Madisonmd
09-16-2017, 06:23 AM
Pearl. MC starting QB went out with separated shoulder early i 2nd q. Went with soph rest of way. Our wr commit was non factor for Pearl,btw.

Madisonmd
09-16-2017, 06:23 AM
turnovers doomed MC, not refs

confucius say
09-16-2017, 08:03 AM
It's amazing that a school like Madison Central with the baseball program that they have can't find a quarterback. Not to mention the resources that they have too.

What I was going to post. A school the size of a small college, you would think you would have at least 3-4 guys who could throw a football pretty well.

Drugdog
09-16-2017, 08:34 AM
The refs did not cause MC to lose, but their incompetence was appalling. Also, Cam White for MC is a Player. Kid can do everything.

Todd4State
09-16-2017, 10:33 AM
The refs did not cause MC to lose, but their incompetence was appalling. Also, Cam White for MC is a Player. Kid can do everything.

I agree. I'm not sure why MSU isn't interested in him.

mparkerfd20
09-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Pearl, frankly is one of the best teams in the state this year. MC frankly is not. Don't know what you expected.

QuadrupleOption
09-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Pearl, frankly is one of the best teams in the state this year. MC frankly is not. Don't know what you expected.

I agree. The Offense is too limited for them to make a run this year.

Todd4State
09-16-2017, 11:51 AM

Well, MC only lost by 7 with their QB out so I guess that would make MC one of the best as well.

tcdog70
09-16-2017, 12:29 PM
When I was a Ref, we would do preventative officiating. Just tell the player to back up.then if he doesn't flag Him. Were they jumping off sides or lining up off sides?

Drugdog
09-16-2017, 01:15 PM

MC held Pearl to 3 first downs and 43 total yards. So yeah, i believe we can play with them.

No BS Dawg
09-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Pearl and MC are without question two of the best teams in the state. Both have phenomenal defenses and adequate offenses. If they played again today, tomorrow, next week it could easily be the same exact type game with a different winner. Credit both teams for playing so hard, Pearl simply made one more play than MC.

Drugdog
09-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Pearl and MC are without question two of the best teams in the state. Both have phenomenal defenses and adequate offenses. If they played again today, tomorrow, next week it could easily be the same exact type game with a different winner. Credit both teams for playing so hard, Pearl simply made one more play than MC.

Great Post. A rematch in the playoffs could be epic.