PDA

View Full Version : Egg bowl most hate filled rivalry per CBS.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2017, 04:30 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/friday-five-the-most-hate-filled-rivalries-in-college-football-in-2017/

BrunswickDawg
09-15-2017, 04:36 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/c13f36531a15eaba8c48507c5109952c/tumblr_o5zqayVGKG1ts0osto1_540.gif

Leeshouldveflanked
09-15-2017, 04:53 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/friday-five-the-most-hate-filled-rivalries-in-college-football-in-2017/

Water is wet

Commercecomet24
09-15-2017, 05:02 PM
I'd have to say.....yeah.

Pollodawg
09-15-2017, 05:08 PM
I agree. But That's not really fair. OM is like the clap. It's cheap and takes forever to go away. Everybody hates OM really. We're just better at it than most.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2017, 05:09 PM
I agree. But That's not really fair. OM is like the clap. It's cheap and takes forever to go away. Everybody hates OM really. We're just better at it than most.

Yep! Rep given!

Dawgology
09-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Impossible. We aren't their real rivals...

Jack Lambert
09-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Ole Miss had to cheat to beat us. When they got caught they blamed us. In reality it was Mullen who drove them to cheat. That cheating is why there is so much hate. As much as they hate state they really hate Mullen.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Ole Miss had to cheat to beat us. When they got caught they blamed us. In reality it was Mullen who drove them to cheat. That cheating is why there is so much hate. As much as they hate state they really hate Mullen.

And I love Dan for getting to those turds!

Reason2succeed
09-15-2017, 05:44 PM
GTHOM!!! I hope they get the DP and dropped from the SEC sh!tbirds!!!!

NYDawg
09-15-2017, 06:09 PM
Impossible. We aren't their real rivals...

"In a sick way, it's kind of like a grade school romance. The more they try to convince you they don't care, the more they do."

msbulldog
09-15-2017, 06:17 PM
I don't hate anybody, that's not allowed in the True Head Coach, God Almighty's playbook.
But I do find it amusing that the other school who finds us so insignificant, spends a tremendous amount of time and energy trying to blame us for there problems. If we are so insignificant, how can we affect them this much?
You know they have this stupid saying "they hate us, because they ain't us", maybe now some of them are wishing they were us.

Goldendawg
09-15-2017, 06:18 PM
My late Superdawg Dad carried me to my first MSU game, the 1964 Egg Bowl. I knew it was the most hate filled rivalry then at the age of nine and have known it every year since! Everyone else is late to this party! Hail State!

msbulldog
09-15-2017, 06:27 PM
My late Superdawg Dad carried me to my first MSU game, the 1964 Egg Bowl. I knew it was the most hate filled rivalry then at the age of nine and have known it every year since! Everyone else is late to this party! Hail State!

Naw Golden, I was 9 in 1964.

Mimi's Babies
09-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Naw Golden, I was 9 in 1964.

I was 1 in 1964.... I have now raised my children to yell #GTHOM.... There eyes have been opened to the corruption at OM and in the State of MS.... As I said #GTHOM.....

Acid mouth
09-15-2017, 07:09 PM

Couldn't be summed up any better Jack. I'd say this began with CJ's class. They could still be buying State leans and other "not so high profile" recruits had they not gotten greedy. They set up an athletic department and coaching staffs that could be handled like puppets. They tried to build a powerhouse program in 2 years and claim the reason was a beautiful campus. The same campus that has been there for over a century. I'm still perplexed at how these imbeciles thought this wouldn't draw the NCAA's attention. So naturally this brings on an investigation. These same imbeciles continue to cheat at an anstounding level while under investigation. They have no one to blame but themselves and specifically the morons that orchestrated this derailment of the rebel express.

Goldendawg
09-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Well put. You know if you aren't Maroon, you indeed a moron!

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2017, 07:37 PM

Cheating is just one reason I hate them. There's also the fact that they're a bunch of holier than thou, egotistical, arrogant, conceited, prick, condescending, douchebags that think they crap lavender and piss Chanel #5.

TUSK
09-15-2017, 07:39 PM
Definitely amped up...

I seen it dawg
09-15-2017, 07:39 PM
**** those shitbirds

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-15-2017, 07:41 PM
Dan was trolling ole miss and they didn't even realize it. They're so upset a yankee and a poor black kid from a small Mississippi town brought their asses down.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Cheating is just one reason I hate them. There's also the fact that they're a bunch of holier than thou, egotistical, arrogant, conceited, prick, condescending, douchebags that think they crap lavender and piss Chanel #5.

Hallelujah, holy crap! Where's the Tylenol!

BulldogBear
09-15-2017, 07:54 PM
I don't hate anybody, that's not allowed in the True Head Coach, God Almighty's playbook.
But I do find it amusing that the other school who finds us so insignificant, spends a tremendous amount of time and energy trying to blame us for there problems. If we are so insignificant, how can we affect them this much?
You know they have this stupid saying "they hate us, because they ain't us", maybe now some of them are wishing they were us.

True this ^^^

If we are truly insignificant then ignore us or squash us....don't swat at us like a little b*tch. And that's all they've done.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2017, 07:58 PM
This may be the only ranking OM makes for the next decade.

Take a picture sh*tbirds

Jack Lambert
09-15-2017, 08:03 PM
I was 1 in 1964.... I have now raised my children to yell #GTHOM.... There eyes have been opened to the corruption at OM and in the State of MS.... As I said #GTHOM.....

I was still in my mom's belly unless it was played on Dec 9th. I might have been peeking out.

Pollodawg
09-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Dan was trolling ole miss and they didn't even realize it. They're so upset a yankee and a poor black kid from a small Mississippi town brought their asses down.

What's sad is that you have no idea how accurate this is.

Howboutdemdogs
09-15-2017, 08:37 PM
It is strange, up until Rev Freeze got there, you could not find anyone around here with any Ole Piss garb. Now they all are wearing their Dollar General bought shirts and camo hats. You can find them right next the Bama clothes on the same shelf.

gravedigger
09-15-2017, 09:38 PM

Yup. Has been for years. Always will be. Nothing to rally together behind (pros) and complete opposite (gentile vs gentry) in culture. No other state has it.

Best conference. Best division. Toxic isn't even a good Word. It's biblical. I love my ole miss family members. But only becaus they are family.

Ezsoil
09-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Listening to them is like listening to Hillary Clinton....it's everyone else's fault but theirs ....the NCAA was out to get them...it had nothing to do with systematic, co-ordinated effort to circumvent the recruiting rules.

jdwhite
09-16-2017, 07:20 AM
The hate is nothing new. Some history for the younger fans.

In 1926, the Flood, who would be renamed the Rebels in 1936, beat the Aggies, who would be renamed the Maroons when A&M became Mississippi State College in 1932 and then renamed again to become the Bulldogs in 1961, three years after the school became known as Mississippi State University, 7-6 for the team’s first victory in the rivalry since 1910.

After the victory, the Ole Miss fans stormed Scott Field and made an attempt to steal A&M’s goal posts.

“Irate Aggie supporters took after the ambitious Ole Miss group with cane bottom chairs, and fights broke out. The mayhem continued until most of the chairs were splintered.”

The goal posts stayed put, and injuries were reported, but the Flood and their fans were still extremely excited. In the last 13 games, all victories for A&M, Ole Miss had been outscored 327-33 and by an average of 25-3.

Due to the mayhem that erupted in Starkville, members of Sigma Iota, an Ole Miss honorary society, proposed the idea of a trophy that the winning team could take home with them, instead of the winning team’s fans going after the goal posts.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2017, 09:06 AM
The reason our rivalry is not quite as old as some of the others in the South is that we argued for several years about player eligibility before playing. Even when we finally agreed to play the kick off at the initial game was delayed by over an hour due to an arguement. It's always been a bitter one and always will be.

Bothrops
09-16-2017, 12:59 PM
This is nothing too new really. I think the Eggbowl and the Palmetto Bowl are the top two most heated.

Mimi's Babies
09-16-2017, 02:08 PM
https://twitter.com/dawgsmack/status/909130755741306882

TUSK
09-16-2017, 02:25 PM
The reason our rivalry is not quite as old as some of the others in the South is that we argued for several years about player eligibility before playing. Even when we finally agreed to play the kick off at the initial game was delayed by over an hour due to an arguement. It's always been a bitter one and always will be.

The Iron Bowl saw a similar occurrence... In fact, it became so vitriolic, the IB was cancelled for ~40 years until state legislators forced a renewal...

Commercecomet24
09-16-2017, 02:33 PM

This rivalry goes deeper than sports and that's what makes it so intense. Working class vs entitled, culture, way of life, just so many differences in the fans of each school. I did business with unm back in the 90's. Remember going up there with another employee(State guy). He said if I see one more 18 year old in a $40k car I'm gonna be sick.

msbulldog
09-16-2017, 02:36 PM
The Iron Bowl saw a similar occurrence... In fact, it became so vitriolic, the IB was cancelled for ~40 years until state legislators forced a renewal...

Nah Tusk, ya'll ain't in this conversation, CBS says the UA/AU rivalry is 4th!:cool:

TUSK
09-16-2017, 02:46 PM
Nah Tusk, ya'll ain't in this conversation, CBS says the UA/AU rivalry is 4th!:cool:

In realtime/today, I think that's fair...

Nice! +1

Must spread around rep..........