PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Myles

Political Hack
09-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Is likely out this week and next week. Nothing serious, but he's banged up. Not good timing, but it's football.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 09:21 PM
Well that sucks. He's been pretty good this year. Next man up!

confucius say
09-14-2017, 09:23 PM
I was just saying today that he is our best chance of an outside receiver creating separation from Lsu db. Damn.

Skydawg1
09-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Is likely out this week and next week. Nothing serious, but he's banged up. Not good timing, but it's football.Dammit. We don't have a #1 receiver but he was as close so far this season to that ranking. That really sucks.

RiverCityDawg
09-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Donald Gray got behind the LSU secondary twice last year but Fitz overthrew him once and didn't see him the other time.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Donald Gray got behind the LSU secondary twice last year but Fitz overthrew him once and didn't see him the other time.

Yes he did and they would've gone for 6. I really think the rpo is gonna be a weapon this week especially if we run a vertical with it.

Pollodawg
09-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Gave is improved, but he won't make or break this game. Fitz and his ability to get what he can when he can will play the biggest role yet. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had Hill and Williams in the backfield at the same time?

Pollodawg
09-14-2017, 10:03 PM
We could have them both line up on either side of Fitz and give their D one more assignment to have to keep track of if nothing else.

Spiderman
09-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Is likely out this week and next week. Nothing serious, but he's banged up. Not good timing, but it's football.

Get hurt in practice? Seemed fine at the end of the game last week.

Banged up? Hell, you better be damn injured to miss the next 2 weeks. Bad injured

Bothrops
09-14-2017, 10:38 PM
This hurts, but he may have gotten killed out there. He lives to play another day.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Biggest hit here is catching punts.

Sheesh Gabe.

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Yes he did and they would've gone for 6. I really think the rpo is gonna be a weapon this week especially if we run a vertical with it.

Gotta be able to run it a little to make RPO's work. Also, never seen a vertical off an RPO, thats probably a flag everytime

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Gotta be able to run it a little to make RPO's work. Also, never seen a vertical off an RPO, thats probably a flag everytime

Nope Oregon ran it all the time they killed teams with it. You run the TE up the seam or the inside receiver in a trips set up the seam. It opens quick and can pickup big yardage

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Nope Oregon ran it all the time they killed teams with it. You run the TE up the seam or the inside receiver in a trips set up the seam. It opens quick and can pickup big yardage

Thats fine. Still gotta be able to run it a little to make RPOs work. Can we? Itd be great to get 2 and a half to 3 every time on zone

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Thats fine. Still gotta be able to run it a little to make RPOs work. Can we? Itd be great to get 2 and a half to 3 every time on zone

Absolutely agree. If we can't run somewhat efficiently ain't much gonna work. I'm betting they sell out to stop Fitz though and is gonna leave play action wide open especially in the middle of the field. It's fun to speculate and we need To get it done.

Leroy Jenkins
09-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Time for this guy to show us something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izW4OvQvW8E

Even though I like Osirus Mitchell's tape better.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2292339/5721c974bd746d007c68441d

He plays bigger and is a hands catcher. Neither one have Gabe's speed or experience but somebody gotta step up.

sandwolf
09-15-2017, 01:04 AM
Has Mitchell played any this year?

IMissJack
09-15-2017, 06:51 AM
Who is the back up punt returner? This worries me more than receiving with this injury. This game could have a ton of punts, one drop at the wrong time, in the wrong part of the field, ballgame.

MetEdDawg
09-15-2017, 06:53 AM
Who is the back up punt returner? This worries me more than receiving with this injury. This game could have a ton of punts, one drop at the wrong time, in the wrong part of the field, ballgame.

I think it's Gray. So I have zero worries

Ari Gold
09-15-2017, 07:40 AM
Correct and Correct

LC Dawg
09-15-2017, 07:41 AM

How good is LSU's punter? Isn't he rugby style? If he screws up and gives him something he can handle Gray may be the hero Saturday night. The man was amazing returning punts at Co-Lin. I don't know why he isn't the primary punt returner. I guess Mullen may question his decision making (whether to fair catch or not) because we know he can catch the ball.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2017, 07:43 AM

Yep. If anything, Gray will be a big upgrade on Myles at PR. Dude was absolutely electric at it in HS and JUCO. I have no idea why we haven't put him back there before now.

louisvilledawg
09-15-2017, 08:11 AM

Broken toe or something?

Cooterpoot
09-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Myles is to fragile for football.

preachermatt83
09-15-2017, 09:13 AM
How good is LSU's punter? Isn't he rugby style? If he screws up and gives him something he can handle Gray may be the hero Saturday night. The man was amazing returning punts at Co-Lin. I don't know why he isn't the primary punt returner. I guess Mullen may question his decision making (whether to fair catch or not) because we know he can catch the ball.
^^this!

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2017, 10:21 AM
The man was amazing returning punts at Co-Lin. I don't know why he isn't the primary punt returner. I guess Mullen may question his decision making (whether to fair catch or not) because we know he can catch the ball.

My guess is because he muffed a few while at Co-Lin.

TrapGame
09-15-2017, 10:35 AM

Don't they have another Aussie kicking for them? I want to say they had a couple of really bad punts vs BYU, but you can do that against BYU.

HoopsDawg
09-15-2017, 10:44 AM
My guess is because he muffed a few while at Co-Lin.

That's scary. I thought Mixon was Gabes backup.

smootness
09-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Yep. If anything, Gray will be a big upgrade on Myles at PR. Dude was absolutely electric at it in HS and JUCO. I have no idea why we haven't put him back there before now.

Probably his hands.

The #1 thing a PR must have is good hands. In fact, if I was a coach, I would put my most sure-handed player back there and tell him to fair catch essentially everything. There's just so little potential reward in punt returns now, and the chances of something bad (i.e. a penalty, muffed punt, or your PR hurt) far outweigh that. I wouldn't even block all that much. Just have my guy sit back there, catch it, and bring my offense out.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2017, 10:56 AM
That's scary. I thought Mixon was Gabes backup.

I think he is but they may give Donald the opportunity.

Jack Lambert
09-15-2017, 10:58 AM

Gray ran a kick off back against CSU and looked like a turbo charged bulldozer.

BoomBoom
09-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Probably his hands.

The #1 thing a PR must have is good hands. In fact, if I was a coach, I would put my most sure-handed player back there and tell him to fair catch essentially everything. There's just so little potential reward in punt returns now, and the chances of something bad (i.e. a penalty, muffed punt, or your PR hurt) far outweigh that. I wouldn't even block all that much. Just have my guy sit back there, catch it, and bring my offense out.

but the opponent's response would be to just kick every punt as far as they can, not caring about hangtime like normal. so 40 yard punts with a fair catch would turn into 50 and 55 yard punts with a fair catch.

smootness
09-15-2017, 11:41 AM
but the opponent's response would be to just kick every punt as far as they can, not caring about hangtime like normal. so 40 yard punts with a fair catch would turn into 50 and 55 yard punts with a fair catch.

Good point. You would have to give the PR the option to bring it out if it's wide open in front of him, but frankly I might go with that anyway. There are so many block-in-the-back penalties now on returns, and so few actual good returns, that I might even accept the bigger kicks.

Dawg61
09-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Sheesh Gabe.

What's this mean? Not like he got caught smoking weed or not paying parking tickets. He's injured dude.

Bubb Rubb
09-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Broken toe or something?

Moultrie knee

Leroy Jenkins
09-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Moultrie knee

Your lack of punctuation leaves me wondering if this is a question or statement.
I would be surprised if Gabe had that particular ailment.

JoseBrown
09-15-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm more worried about their return game. Cooke is a hell of a punter, but they always seem to run one back on us at the least opportune time. Mixon or Gray will be fine I think. Either one could get loose as much as the other, so long as they catch them lean I'm good with it.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2017, 01:41 PM
This is a big blow. Gabe gives us speed to stretch the field. The LSU DB's will be able to blanket Todd, Couch, and Jessie Jackson bc they're all slower in my opinion. We may see a hell of a lot of 2 TE sets and really try to let them help block in the run game & slip out on play action to be a big part of the pass game. As for WR's, we need Gray and Mixon to step the hell up, because they are going to have to get separation and provide us some catches.

Leroy Jenkins
09-15-2017, 01:44 PM
This is a big blow. Gabe gives us speed to stretch the field. The LSU DB's will be able to blanket Todd, Couch, and Jessie Jackson bc they're all slower in my opinion. We may see a hell of a lot of 2 TE sets and really try to let them help block in the run game & slip out on play action to be a big part of the pass game. As for WR's, we need Gray and Mixon to step the hell up, because they are going to have to get separation and provide us some catches.

Its not your opinion, its physics. They are slower.

Dawg61
09-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Myles has 4 catches on the year. We will be ok without him. Kinda hoping we see some more of Osirus Mitchell. Talk about a guy nobody on LSU will cover or pay any attention to. He could sneak behind the defense for an easy score if we throw it to him.

I seen it dawg
09-15-2017, 07:37 PM
It's not moultrie knee

Deddrick Thomas